• Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostZilea, on 02 April 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

i wonder how much different this is with say, paladins

herp derp

you dont know how to usain bolt to the other side of the map while your drooling dk and warrior just train the priest next patch?? :(

#222 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostDakkrothy, on 02 April 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

as much as I like these changes for spriests its just gonna make them easier to play... I already thought spriests looks like the most braindead caster to play right now. Now when their most reactive tools  MD and healthswap is gone its really gonna be hard for them to seperate in skill from other spriests

Current MD is almost as braindead to use as Tremor Totem. Just because someone can react to a CC and remove it doesn't mean it took very much thought to use. Future MD will show more skillful use. Void Shift required some skill, but having a skillful ability that simply prolongs your team defensively when you already have enough defenses to do that is not something that's needed for spriests. Happy with the changes.

#223 merifyo

merifyo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1865

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:09 PM

I dont worry about that. Shadow priest still will be good but will be difficult to play.

#224 Mindsmoothie

Mindsmoothie
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2378
  • 3v3: 2718
  • RBG: 2329

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:12 PM

Keep up the good work Holinka

Posted Image

Edited by Mindsmoothie, 02 April 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#225 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

Melee teams have always done well against Spriests. Hunter Rogue is simply powerful right now and it just proves the strength of spriests to be able to fight through their weak melee defenses and beat down a comp designed to kill them. Obviously these are some heavy nerfs, but spriests are literally a plague on the ladder right now. Games are timing out, every class wants to play with a Shadow Priest, every spriest team lives forever. This was a foreseeable change.

#226 Fearful

Fearful
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 1984

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

The shadow priest god has spoken

#227 Ilidio

Ilidio
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:18 PM

The god has spoken...

fuck you fearful!
lol
Posted Image

#228 Fearful

Fearful
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 1984

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

should've been quicker on the draw mate cy@

#229 Structural

Structural
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:20 PM

so since spriest teams can live through hunter rogue retardation it had to be nerfed. makes flawless sense i guess since you play with one of the best healers in the game.

#230 Ilidio

Ilidio
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostFearful, on 02 April 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

should've been quicker on the draw mate cy@
:D
Posted Image

#231 Bula

Bula
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

View PostTalbadar, on 02 April 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

Future MD will show more skillful use.

MD from out of los of interrupts comes to mind...

good priests will still use md often enough to make it useful, bad ones will prob just complain and/or reroll.  who am i kidding nobody re-rolls anymore, we all have like 5+ classes at cap.

#232 Milanah_6538907

Milanah_6538907
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow 0/0/0/0/2/2

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostMaticzor, on 02 April 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

The idea of "we had this ages ago, no one complained" doesn't mean that it shouldn't be addressed and its retarded, shamans totems were usable while silenced since the class was made in the game, and I don't think many people complained but it was just unfair so they had to nerf it. Same goes with MD, with the current state of the game MD is too good and it wasn't removed completely, it just takes longer to cast. As for Void shift, we all saw it coming didn't you?

On the other hand, they should give spriests something that would help them when they are getting trained. Overall, needed changes that will separate good spriests from bad ones and will make spriests a class that actually takes skills instead of a must-have class to be competitive. Yes other classes are ridiculous as well but this is one step toward the right direction.

Good players will live, shitters go back to disc.

Yes I saw it coming and actually hoped for a nerf to Void shift, at least for shadow. However, I don't think the MD nerf is accurate, as I already said earlier, every team that faces a Shadow in arena knows that he can MD things like Trap/Pom poly and so on. So of course these teams will try to prevent the Priest from getting it out with a blanket, silencing shot or any kind of stun, or even just interrupt it. In the current state it's sometimes really hard to interrupt it because it only takes 0.5 seconds(around 0.8 with cast delay when being hit). Now we'll have the cast time set to 1.5 seconds which makes it incredibly easy to interrupt this. Imo make it a 1 second cast.

View PostFearful, on 02 April 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

Ok dude, I don't think you're trolling and are actually trying to understand my point of view so I'll try to explain it in extreme detail.

Lets take two setups, say shaman god comp and DK/Mage/Druid. First off let me say that I'm not an expert at either of these comps so I could be completely wrong in how this match would play out. I'm just trying to illustrate a concept.

Ok, so the gates open and the god comp pushes in. They open up with a deep/orb/frost bomb because they have full procs up.

This forces the DK to trinket and AMS. AMS has a low CD so thats pretty irrelevent for the most part, but now the DK doesn't have a trinket. So, basically, since they just used their CD's to force the DKs cooldowns, they've basically made the decision that at some point later in the game, after they get all the healer's CDs out of the way, they're going to kill the DK.

Now the DK/Mage/Druid goes aggressive and pops gargoyle/deep/mage CD's and sort of does the same thing on the mage. This forces the mage to ice block and the shaman to use NS.

So the god comp used their offensive CDs to force the other team to use their defensive CDs. That was a burst attempt.

Then the DK/Mage/Druid came back and did the same thing.

So right now, who is winning? The team that used less defensive CDs. So, since the DK only trinketed, if the god comp later on decides they want to kill someone else then right now they're losing because they just wasted their offensive CDs forcing the DK to trinket, when the DKs trinket doesn't even matter. Meanwhile they just used NS and ice block.

So, with this in mind, we can basically assume that whichever team runs out of defensive CDs the fastest is going to lose. What factors determine who is going to run out of defensive CDs the fastest? How strong certain offensive and defensive CDs are. An ability that is particularly strong like deep freeze or something like that might force more CDs than something less powerful.

So when you look at the game in terms of offensive and defensive CDs, it's obvious that shadow priests have way more defensive CDs for their team than other classes do and therefore have much more longevity in the match. This is also why most top players use their offensive CDs at the first chance they get to do something with them, so that they'll be back up later in the game.

So take something like mass dispel. Say a mage gets a poly on a healer and that healer doesn't have a shadow priest. The mage then bursts with all his shit. Any other healer would have to trinket that. But with a shadow priest, you just mass dispel the poly and you just saved yourself from using a huge cool down. So, now you have more CDs than the other team and your team is ahead.

Is this making sense?

Do you see why saying "Every comp has something to stop MD" is pretty silly now?

If you stack up everything that any single caster DPS  class has, it simply pales in comparison to shadow priest CDs. Also, it's not even just cooldowns. Flash heal and off heals are so good that they can sometimes substitute for having to use defensive CDs. This is why we're saying that shadow priest are too good and you're going to be fine if you understand this.

I understand what u're trying to say, I just think that MD is too essential for priests to survive critical situations in the current state of arena. The amount of hunter teams is incredible and so is their cc. I completely agree with the MD nerf if hunter cc is being nerfed. An 11 second cc every 30seconds is just too much. Every scatter trap basically needs one big cd of the enemy team like shadow trinket, dispersion or healer trinket. 3 big cds in 90 seconds because one class cc's so much.

#233 Apsco60

Apsco60
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostFalla, on 02 April 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

and the hunter overlords will still be at the top

Have you seen the ladders? Mage / X / X is just as common as KFC last patch so..... and mages can 100%- 0 someone by themselves. Something hunters haven't been able to do since 5.0

#234 Structural

Structural
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

the best part about all of this is mages can still 100-0 people in deep with instants. its not fair life mass dispel and life swap can prevent that.

#235 Ermurazorqt

Ermurazorqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 768

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

View PostApsco60, on 02 April 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

Have you seen the ladders? Mage / X / X is just as common as KFC last patch so..... and mages can 100%- 0 someone by themselves. Something hunters haven't been able to do since 5.0

Hunter burst is crazy right now, just like mage and i'm sure hunters can easily 100%- 0% someone in 4-5 seconds (duration of deep freeze) let's be honest about that. Just watch Zionsfall's stream if you don't believe me.

Edit: It's also pretty unlogical to defend by a class by pointing out what another class can do. Mages being OP doesn't make hunters fine.

Edited by Ermurazorqt, 02 April 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#236 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

we cant turn a blind eye to the reasons spriests are so popular on ladder, the completely out of control damage that is thrown out in arena.  looking at you, dk's, hunters, rogues, mages.  get up on that chopping block boys.

im glad the approach is just nerfing everyone down instead of buffing the currently less represented classes, makes for better balance.  lots of potential for this to be a great season.

#237 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

View Postkhuna, on 02 April 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

They are without a sp in their team, they just die in blanket/stuns once they trinketed

Every healer dies without a sp in their team

#238 khuna

khuna
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1942

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

druids can skin, displacer in blanket, block if they play with a mage
priests can ps in stun
palas can bubble in blanket/stuns /bop in melee stuns
shamans can jump

#239 Deliriumz

Deliriumz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostApsco60, on 02 April 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

Huh? Hunters are globaling people all day right now... Honestly, mages are too strong but their class is the one class that was meant to be able to 100-0 someone if you let them... they're the 'glass cannon' of WoW. They do need nerfs but I in no way see how you think hunter burst is low.

Edited by Deliriumz, 02 April 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#240 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

View Postkhuna, on 02 April 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

shamans can jump

Shamans have passive survival in NG. No other healer has that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<