Help

Shadow Priests nerfed

• Please log in to reply
356 replies to this topic

#121 Capstone

Capstone

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostZilea, on 02 April 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

i swear, things like this bug the shit out of me. there are actually spriests in this thread saying that they think their class is going to disappear. dude, the class has been unbelievably powerful for something like 3 years now; these nerfs are not going to make them go from top of the totem pole to disappearing in arena: these nerfs aren't like warrior nerfs from last patch. Warriors got nerf after nerf after nerf in so many different ways: damage, stuns, burst, survivability. What you're seeing here is a nerf to spriest utility , which was way over the top.

I swear if there was a nerf to totemic restoration and shamans had a 1 min cooldown tremor, you wouild still see shamans bitching and complaining and saying it isn't justified. Have a reasonable mind for fuck sake. i think repentance needs to be nerfed to 6s duration even though my class is absolute horse shit and has been for at least 3 years now
eh fuck i repped this before i got to the end

#122 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

View PostHofflerand, on 02 April 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

Good changes. Now...

1. Remove Tremor from Totemic Restoration. Softens the nerf to Shadow, buffs warlock, nerfs R. Shaman. Guess we'd need to compensate Enhance and Ele, hm.

2. DK survivability needs to come down a bit. Reminds me of last season's Defensive Stance/Second Wind.

3. Rogue dmg too high in the opener. There used to be some counterplay, but now powerful openers are guaranteed.

4. Still think mage burst is too high for how easy it is to pull off (and how often). Again, not enough counterplay in MoP.

5. Hunter continues to fly under the radar. Not sure what the specific nerf should be.

6. RoP could use a small nerf to its radius, duration, or CD.

dk survivability needs to come down? what?

#123 kmaclol

kmaclol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1739
  • 3v3: 1493
  • RBG: 384

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

The 'top tier' players responding to this thread and saying spriests will be fine our either idiotic or biased heavily. People like talbadar think its ok because they have almost anyone to select from to play competitive 3's with...Sadly that's not the case for most players, and even then you'd be at a disadvantage. If these changes go live they will put shadowpriests at a worse spot then warlocks - and if you plan to push rank one anywhere you'll have to be put on a 'superstar 5's' or play with Lord Kaska himself.

How many caster teams do you see this season as it is? You think our overlord hunters have it easy now just wait. Have any of you guys tried training a shadowpriest before? Kick him at 80% and pop cd's as thug or something and he can die in the kick duration. Resto Shaman thug... Sap, Scatter, Silencing, Blind, Intimidate, Shear, Hex, Kick, Garrote, Cheap Shot, Kidney, Gouge. Obviously no team is perfect, but you only need a few of these to land to easily score a kill. Shadowpriest damage will be abysmal. VT / SW:P ticks for complete shit, yes we have huge damage coming from DP / Insanity / Pet, but if you even plan to go offensive you need to be insanely safe before that.and setups will be easily countered by retarded pressure.

To get orbs as a shadowpriest, you have to sit through the garrote / cheap / kick / gouge / silencing/ intimidate, it's absolutely retarded, by the time you have enough orbs for a switch your team is drastically behind. Of course I believe god comp needed huge nerfs and had insane survivability but this was definitely the wrong way to approach changes.

Not only that, but this lowers the already lesser amount of 'skill' required in this game. You won't even be able to pre-md a CC on your healer with a 1.5 second cast, especially with something like mind numbing on you. This doesn't just hurt spriests, it's a a huge nerf to resto druids and any caster partner they would bring along prior. What caster comps will be viable now? It's disgusting how everyone thinks life swap was some kind of lay on hands when that's so far from the truth. The amount of mongloid teams who refuse to swap to the player who's now at 25% is gross.

Spriest Damage: 3 Orb DP / Insanity / Pet/..     |     Train spriest, stop orbs, kill easily with no defensives
Spriest CC: Fear |  Which lines up perfectly with tremor (shamans lol), completely negating every single fear, how could this still be in the game?
Spriest Utility: Insanely expensive shields that hunters instantly remove? PoM / Renew which are almost instantly negated

As it is I can already grip the first trap, and manually eat every trap after that and still be at a disadvantage against mongloid melee cleaves, anyone who agrees with this change is an elitist who has partners to arrange games with, or someone tired of facing god comps because the games last more then their usual 3 minute melee zerg.

tl;dr : casters are dead,

#124 kmaclol

kmaclol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1739
  • 3v3: 1493
  • RBG: 384

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

i swear, things like this bug the shit out of me. there are actually spriests in this thread saying that they think their class is going to disappear. dude, the class has been unbelievably powerful for something like 3 years now; these nerfs are not going to make them go from top of the totem pole to disappearing in arena: these nerfs aren't like warrior nerfs from last patch. Warriors got nerf after nerf after nerf in so many different ways: damage, stuns, burst, survivability. What you're seeing here is a nerf to spriest utility , which was way over the top.

I swear if there was a nerf to totemic restoration and shamans had a 1 min cooldown tremor, you wouild still see shamans bitching and complaining and saying it isn't justified. Have a reasonable mind for fuck sake. i think repentance needs to be nerfed to 6s duration even though my class is absolute horse shit and has been for at least 3 years now

Horse shit for 3 years? Do you not remember constantly talking about how pallys were in such a great position in MoP, and they 'required skill' for once. How could you even say that when they were the highest % gladiator healer in the game.

#125 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

Getting trained by KFC is gonna be so fun.
Posted Image

#126 Limity

Limity
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2009
  • 3v3: 2290
  • 5v5: 2307
  • RBG: 2194

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

View Postkmaclol, on 02 April 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

The 'top tier' players responding to this thread and saying spriests will be fine our either idiotic or biased heavily. People like talbadar think its ok because they have almost anyone to select from to play competitive 3's with...Sadly that's not the case for most players, and even then you'd be at a disadvantage. If these changes go live they will put shadowpriests at a worse spot then warlocks - and if you plan to push rank one anywhere you'll have to be put on a 'superstar 5's' or play with Lord Kaska himself.

Worse than warlocks? April fools?

Edited by Limity, 02 April 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#127 bakbuk

bakbuk
  • Junkies

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostIlidio, on 01 April 2013 - 11:32 PM, said:

spriest still have sick dmg and good survival, tbh i think theyll be fine. just not the god class
Don't think than XD

#128 originn

originn
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 959

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

Finally the life-swap change for shadow was long overdue that shit was retarded

#129 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2507
  • 3v3: 2675
  • 5v5: 2325
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:57 AM

1. Remove Tremor from Totemic Restoration. Softens the nerf to Shadow, buffs warlock, nerfs R. Shaman. Guess we'd need to compensate Enhance and Ele, hm.

no compensation 34 sec tremor is beyond retarded .

2. DK survivability needs to come down a bit. Reminds me of last season's Defensive Stance/Second Wind.

Its 2x more op then defensive stance + second wind for unholy dks atleast.Bloodpresence + conversion is too strong for unholy and it needs a serious nerf . Removing bloodpresence for dps specs and giving -5-15 % flat dmg reduction baseline would work just fine

3. Rogue dmg too high in the opener. There used to be some counterplay, but now powerful openers are guaranteed.
Dont see a problem here.

4. Still think mage burst is too high for how easy it is to pull off (and how often). Again, not enough counterplay in MoP.
Mages dmg in pvp is retarded no other class can 100-0 people in 4 sec stun spaming instants.

5. Hunter continues to fly under the radar. Not sure what the specific nerf should be.
Bm needs a nerf 1 min cd pvp trinket that can be reset with readiness. Bm should no longer remove cc. Problem solved

6. RoP could use a small nerf to its radius, duration, or CD.
3 min cd or rework to disarm and silence on harmfull spells for both friendly and enemy players and keep cd like it is
Posted Image

#130 Ballerjones

Ballerjones
  • Ballerjones
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostVirent, on 02 April 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

Getting trained by KFC is gonna be so fun.

Good night sweet prince.

#131 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

i was with you until the very end ..

you are as delusional as the people you are talking about in your post if you think Hpala was bad at all during MOP.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#132 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

View Postkmaclol, on 02 April 2013 - 07:54 AM, said:

The 'top tier' players responding to this thread and saying spriests will be fine our either idiotic or biased heavily.

Not trying to pick on you, but you're just wrong. All these "'top tier' players" are saying otherwise for a reason.

#133 Ballerjones

Ballerjones
  • Ballerjones
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:21 AM

Mufussa cleave to rule them all

Edited by Ballerjones, 02 April 2013 - 09:21 AM.

#134 Drake

Drake
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:33 AM

GC tweeted that reduced MD cast time from old glyph will be made baseline for holy/disc.

#135 majorblood

majorblood
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2202

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostViindz, on 02 April 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

I`m speachless... This was a overkill imo. I agree spriest were by far too strong, but taking away our defensive dispell is to much... Any class will be choosen above spriest now as they dont bring anything to the arena.
I doubt spriest will be anything near viable in arena now. Phd / thug will rule the ladder.
You still have the defensive dispel, it's just on a longer cast time now.

#136 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#137 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2701
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2326
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:48 AM

BM needs nerf to BW(maybe it shares CD with Trinket(30-45sec) if used in cc or 2 min cd)and nerf by small % pet damage. Remove the talent that makes BM pets have lower cd on their spells or atleast remove Pet stuns/Sac from that list.
Powershot is fine tbh - it does sometimes retarded crits but there are many spells that do pretty much the same hits and have low or no cd.

Still, i belive hunters need buff to pet survivability - right now they just die in few crits(Frostbomb shatter combo = pet dead)
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

#138 Ponen

Ponen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 1936
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:52 AM

I agree now hunters defo need some kind of nerf too if these go live, and so do some other classes. I was tired in cata being fukd in the butt by wizards, hope it doesn't go back to that tho if hunters get nerfed.

#139 vindz

vindz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1631
  • 3v3: 2442
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

View Postmajorblood, on 02 April 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

You still have the defensive dispel, it's just on a longer cast time now.

Yeah, and gl casting m8.

#140 Supervagos

Supervagos
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twilight's Hammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

Reading some posts made me almost cry.Saying wizzardcleaves are not viable now is like saying hunter cc is fine.Take a chill pill my dear sps.Those changes are needed.I would consider using voidshift as shadow when you are below 25% if the sp become fully trainable now but only on himself.Now hunters turn

PS although poor discs :(

Edited by Supervagos, 02 April 2013 - 10:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<