Jamiepaladin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2454

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

this nerf was needed, we were way too strong it became boring to play...nearly started to farm disc gear :( RIP mana burn

#102 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:09 AM

Looks like most people feel like 1 of the 2 nerfs would have been enough, but both of them together really stings.  I think Priests will continue to be strong even after these changes, I am more concerned for the healers that were relying on the MD and life swap to stay alive.

Really hoping the MD change where it won't remove bubble/block without a glyph goes through.  Maybe that's just my bias talking, but it doesn't feel good to have a 5 minute cooldown feel more like a regular trinket.

#103 rageTG

rageTG

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:12 AM

Really surprised.  Shadow priests were the only thing keeping hunter comps from ruling the world... This along with the warrior d stance reversal will make KFC nearly unbeatable.  They have to nerf powershot before this patch.

Edited by rageTG, 02 April 2013 - 04:12 AM.

#104 vindz

vindz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1631
  • 3v3: 2442
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:55 AM

I`m speachless... This was a overkill imo. I agree spriest were by far too strong, but taking away our defensive dispell is to much... Any class will be choosen above spriest now as they dont bring anything to the arena.
I doubt spriest will be anything near viable in arena now. Phd / thug will rule the ladder.

#105 bl00dlust

bl00dlust

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

View PostIsumi, on 01 April 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

shadow will be the only specc ingame without a lvl87 talent?

honestly, shadow is op but this nerf is way to hard.

I think the md change is fine, and in addition shields and pom should be nerfed for shadow, but lifeswap should still be available for shadows.

same thing happened to mages when they took away timewarp.  that was a whole class, this is just one spec
Posted Image

#106 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

d/w about the nerfs guys

just shield/pom on CD and you do 33% of your healer's healing

#107 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2507
  • 3v3: 2675
  • 5v5: 2325
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:26 AM

sp nerfed , mages are next ?
Posted Image

#108 mukuld50

mukuld50
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental ./././././.
  • RBG: 2666

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 02 April 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

Expected stuff. People who thought shadow wasn't going to get nerfed were too optimistic.We used to use mass dispel on two people who got aoe cc'd, it was one of the disc priest trademarks, now disc lost that too..

I hope they reduce the mana cost of Mass Dispel by %50 and/or remove the cooldown for discipline though

And can they please remove the fucking tremor totem from this game?  Having offensive dispel, defensive dispel, decurse is enough. We don't need an aoe fear break. It made sense when shamans didn't have dispel magic/hex.At this state of the game, it makes no sense.

View PostDjandawg, on 02 April 2013 - 12:43 AM, said:

And can they please remove the fucking tremor totem from this game?  Having offensive dispel, defensive dispel, decurse is enough. We don't need an aoe fear break. It made sense when shamans didn't have dispel magic/hex.At this state of the game, it makes no sense.

Tremor would be fine if totemic restoration wasnt in the game

#109 wtfbro

wtfbro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:37 AM

now remove half of the cc's in game and maybe priest will be able to cast and not be dogshit against any comp with a hunter/rogue
if not time to reroll fotm disc and play fotm thug cleave like everyone else

Edited by wtfbro, 02 April 2013 - 05:37 AM.

#110 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:45 AM

responding with amazing another quote from long ago
Posted Image

#111 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

View PostConradical, on 02 April 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

d/w about the nerfs guys

just shield/pom on CD and you do 33% of your healer's healing

For real, Shadow Priests are still gonna be really strong

#112 samppax

samppax
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2083
  • 3v3: 2375
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:50 AM

View PostNadagast, on 02 April 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

For real, Shadow Priests are still gonna be really strong
ye thats true. I cant see point why ppl thinking shadows will be useless in 3s. Both nerfs was needed, team with 2 healers + dispellers was annoying

#113 Pootius_6592477

Pootius_6592477
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/0/1/0/2
  • RBG: 1525

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:57 AM

If these nerfs go through and other casters stay the same or god forbid get buffed.  There's literally no reason to bring a shadow priest in any 3v3 comp.  They aren't the top arena damage at the moment.  I do agree that it is silly that the only reason shadow is brought on every team is to overshadow other classes weaknesses.  Finding a balance between the two would suffice but this is a joke.

#114 Fearful

Fearful
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Unholy
  • RBG: 1984

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

Honestly, they'll still be better than every other caster DPS. People are forgetting just how much shadow priest off-heals do and HAVE DONE since the start of cataclysm.

I mean really, no other caster was even CLOSE to as good as shadow priests. These changes are just dethroning them from god status. They'll still unquestionably be the best caster in the game. Anyone who thinks otherwise was never good to begin with and is simply naive to how things work at the top.

Edit: Holinka knows whats up

"Overkill would have been also addressing burst and off-healing"

Edited by Fearful, 02 April 2013 - 06:19 AM.

#115 Kriff

Kriff
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2105

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

I think they should just redesign Void Shift for shadow rather than remove it. Since distancing seems to be the biggest issue for spriests (whereas every other caster has a way to create distance), maybe they could make Void Shift cause you to swap places with the target (possibly enemy targets as well, but I fear this may be overpowered) and on say a 30 or 45 second cd. Or make yourself appear at your targets location. Seeing as how this will cause spriests to be trained into the ground even more, I think this could potentially be a fair tradeoff. Thoughts?

But as for these nerfs, I too feel that only one should be implemented. Probably the MD change, since both save your ass but one is on a 24 second cooldown vs. a 6 minute cooldown.

#116 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:34 AM

View PostKriff, on 02 April 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

I think they should just redesign Void Shift for shadow rather than remove it. Since distancing seems to be the biggest issue for spriests (whereas every other caster has a way to create distance), maybe they could make Void Shift cause you to swap places with the target (possibly enemy targets as well, but I fear this may be overpowered) and on say a 30 or 45 second cd. Or make yourself appear at your targets location. Seeing as how this will cause spriests to be trained into the ground even more, I think this could potentially be a fair tradeoff. Thoughts?

But as for these nerfs, I too feel that only one should be implemented. Probably the MD change, since both save your ass but one is on a 24 second cooldown vs. a 6 minute cooldown.

The point is to nerf spriest. Not give them a fair trade off in some sense.

Spriest simply have far too much utility atm. And I don't personally believe that just one of these is enough.
Posted Image
All credit goes to Beldam for this (amazing) meme.

#117 Hofflerand

Hofflerand
  • Junkies
  • LocationNY

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:00 AM

Good changes. Now...

1. Remove Tremor from Totemic Restoration. Softens the nerf to Shadow, buffs warlock, nerfs R. Shaman. Guess we'd need to compensate Enhance and Ele, hm.

2. DK survivability needs to come down a bit. Reminds me of last season's Defensive Stance/Second Wind.

3. Rogue dmg too high in the opener. There used to be some counterplay, but now powerful openers are guaranteed.

4. Still think mage burst is too high for how easy it is to pull off (and how often). Again, not enough counterplay in MoP.

5. Hunter continues to fly under the radar. Not sure what the specific nerf should be.

6. RoP could use a small nerf to its radius, duration, or CD.

#118 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2027
  • 3v3: 2831
  • 5v5: 1534
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationOhio

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

So happy right meow
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#119 Capstone

Capstone

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

fuck im next

#120 Zilea

Zilea
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

i swear, things like this bug the shit out of me. there are actually spriests in this thread saying that they think their class is going to disappear. dude, the class has been unbelievably powerful for something like 3 years now; these nerfs are not going to make them go from top of the totem pole to disappearing in arena: these nerfs aren't like warrior nerfs from last patch. Warriors got nerf after nerf after nerf in so many different ways: damage, stuns, burst, survivability. What you're seeing here is a nerf to spriest utility , which was way over the top.

I swear if there was a nerf to totemic restoration and shamans had a 1 min cooldown tremor, you wouild still see shamans bitching and complaining and saying it isn't justified. Have a reasonable mind for fuck sake. i think repentance needs to be nerfed to 6s duration even though my class is absolute horse shit and has been for at least 3 years now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<