Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Rogue Skillcap, is it as complicated as it "looks?"


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Anglian

Anglian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 2337
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Attempted to gear my Rogue but got a little sidetracked and got the Hunter geared instead, unsure on whether or not I regret that decision yet.

Rogue skillcap seems higher than most classes, no? I'm a WW Monk as my main but compared to the Rogue it's a lot simpler to play. Rogue seems to have a lot of focus macros for things like gouge, cheap, kidney, sap, kick, etc etc... does this make the class harder to play or is it just more of an eye-opener? Monk is simple as the only focus I really need is Paralysis.. Hunter the same with Scatter/Silencing.

TL;DR Scrubs gonna scrub, Rogue needs quick thinking/reacting, more so than most classes. agree/disagree

/bored

#2 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 2584
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

my opinion is probably biased, but after playing quite few classes at end lv i would say that rogues are not that hard to learn but they do have the highest skill cap in game probably

the class is definitely not for everyone, not only because of the amount of skill or learning it requires though
shut up pvp guy

#3 Anglian

Anglian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 2337
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostReirei, on 01 April 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

my opinion is probably biased, but after playing quite few classes at end lv i would say that rogues are not that hard to learn but they do have the highest skill cap in game probably

the class is definitely not for everyone, not only because of the amount of skill or learning it requires though

I need to take the time to gear mine and try it, I ditched it for my Hunter, I think it's 1k honor away from weapon unlock. It does seem like Rogue would be alot of fun once learnt but I just can't get that itch to try it. Either way it does seem like the skill cap is high over most other specs.

#4 mimmick

mimmick
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Posts: 285
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1315
  • 3v3: 1949
  • RBG: 192

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

You can be a blind no armed dead baby, breath on the keyboard and succeed as windwalker monk or dk. If you fuck up on your rogue, you will die instantly. That being said rogues are A LITTLE more forgiving now but no where near s11 with bis pve gear.

#5 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 2584
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostAnglian, on 01 April 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

I need to take the time to gear mine and try it, I ditched it for my Hunter, I think it's 1k honor away from weapon unlock. It does seem like Rogue would be alot of fun once learnt but I just can't get that itch to try it. Either way it does seem like the skill cap is high over most other specs.

depends on spec tbh, mut is still pretty faceroll but you probably won't get high rating with it

sub is reallyyyyy fun once you gear up and know how to play the spec
shut up pvp guy

#6 Fistagon

Fistagon
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 191
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 1775
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 2035

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

I think you left out Focus/Mouseover Tranq shot, Conc shot, Intimidation, Blink Strike, and an overall Focus bind(s) depending on the level of gameplay you're desiring.

#7 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:26 AM

I think resto druid is a higher skill cap than a rogue personally.  But rogues are definitely up there.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#8 Anglian

Anglian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 2337
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

View Postmimmick, on 01 April 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

You can be a blind no armed dead baby, breath on the keyboard and succeed as windwalker monk or dk. If you fuck up on your rogue, you will die instantly. That being said rogues are A LITTLE more forgiving now but no where near s11 with bis pve gear.

Yeah pretty much, WW Monk is so simple to play, DK is extremely boring. I'm almost finished gearing the Monk, i'll give it a go and see if I can get to grips with it.

First of all spending an hour to re-do every bind and set focuses for literally everything. Cheap Shot, Gouge, Blind, Redirect Kidney, Sap, Kick. Anything i'm missing?

#9 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 2584
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

focus garrote, kick arena 1 2 3, focus redirect deadly throw if you gonna use it, focus disarm, focus shiv, focus shadow step kick if you use shs, shs teammate macro to eat traps

tricks macro for teammates

on side note:

Posted Image
shut up pvp guy

#10 Anglian

Anglian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 2337
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostReirei, on 02 April 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

focus garrote, kick arena 1 2 3, focus redirect deadly throw if you gonna use it, focus disarm, focus shiv, focus shadow step kick if you use shs, shs teammate macro to eat traps

tricks macro for teammates

on side note:



Got all that bound up nice, actually kicking some major ass and learning it pretty damn quick already. Definately a class worth playing once you get the hang of it.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<