• Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Legion
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2056
  • LocationFUKN JERSEY

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

I've been running Spriest-Mage-MW / Lock-Mage-MW in 3s for the past couple weeks, and it seems to be working fairly well; though monks still have their weaknesses.

From what I can see, monks are still very easily controlled. There's really nothing that can be done about this; the only way I've done well is by running with a shadowpriest that can get a dispel once in a while. Sure, monks have teleport and roll to get away from most CC; but the amount of instant CC in the game still makes it hard to avoid. Most of the comps I face have a mage or a hunter; and while my teammates are still able to peel for me, get the traps, or stop priests from coming in to land fears, there's still an issue of being trained.

Aside from that, I feel as if monks are not that bad right now. Mana isn't much of an issue anymore, they're very hard to kill if they're able to avoid bad positioning (which is good, due to all the healer-killing comps nowadays). They also have a good amount of CC if specced into Charging Ox Wave or Leg Sweep, coupled with paralysis and interrupts, roots and disarms.

I'm just wondering how everyone else feels about MW right now, we're currently at 2100 mmr running shatter play.

What comps have other monks been successful with, and what are the strengths and weaknesses that come with the comp?

#2 maarko

maarko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

I'm pretty sure I saw this idea mentioned somewhere else, but an on use dematerialize would be pretty cool. Basically an on use ability that activates dematerialize for one or two seconds with a 1 minute cd. I really don't like secondary trinket type abilities like beast within, desecrated ground, tremor, nimble brew etc. They are completely skillless and take away from the game. It is increasingly more difficult to balance classes with the implementation of secondary trinket abilities.

This way the monk would have to use it to avoid an incoming cc as opposed to allowing you to break it once it is on you. Allowing you to use it while cc'd would also let you use it at the end of a cc so you aren't forever chain cc'd like we currently are. With a one min cd I don't think it would be OP and would give MW that little bit of anti cc that it really needs.
Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<