• Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1928

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

I agree that these numbers don't represent the full picture.  It's always important to keep in mind that some specs, like boomkin, might appear underrepresented, but that's simply a spec that is unpopular whether it's strong or not (and I think EU has/had a R1 boomkin recently?).  Just a small example of how you can't balance classes solely off arena representation.  But, with that said, when a class goes from very high representation to very low representation (as with warriors), or vice versa, that is pretty telling.

#22 Iwn

Iwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

Master Veev has spoken, mods are now allowed to lock the thread.
Posted Image

#23 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

View PostVeev, on 31 March 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

I agree that these numbers don't represent the full picture.  It's always important to keep in mind that some specs, like boomkin, might appear underrepresented, but that's simply a spec that is unpopular whether it's strong or not (and I think EU has/had a R1 boomkin recently?).  Just a small example of how you can't balance classes solely off arena representation.  But, with that said, when a class goes from very high representation to very low representation (as with warriors), or vice versa, that is pretty telling.

Or every Warrior just play his DK/Rogue alt. At least i know plenty that swapped and it had very little to do with the game, they just went "OMG NERF REROLL".

Edited by GrieverZ, 31 March 2013 - 02:16 AM.

#24 Veev

Veev
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1928

Posted 31 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

View PostGrieverZ, on 31 March 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

Or every Warrior just play his DK/Rogue alt. At least i know plenty that swapped and it had very little to do with the game, they just went "OMG NERF REROLL".
How does changing classes because your main class received significant nerfs "have nothing to do with the game"?  I assume you're just implying that people overreact to any minor nerf they read in a patch note (and there may be some truth to that), but anyone who has actually played warrior this patch can tell you there's more to it than that.

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

I've said this before, but I don't think paladins are bad, its just rogues, priests, and mages being so good really hurts us. It's at the point now where anything with a rogue can actually just tunnel me from start to finish and eventually I'll just die in the 18 second stun/silence/paralytic/psychic horror lock down. RPS/rmp/thug can all just tunnel me, and mage/spriest can 100-0 me in a deep through 40% shield wall. mass dispel being basically instant is really ridiculous too, it makes bubble a glorified trinket against the 95% of teams that involve a priest.

But I also didn't think warriors were bad in s11, I think rogues being so good just made them worthless, which has kind of happened again, Shaman/spriest dominance makes warlocks seem a lot worse then they are too. But instead of JUST nerfing the classes that are too good, what tends to happen is they get nerfed, combined with buffs to the classes that seem bad, so it's just flipping the overpowered/underpowered classes.

Edited by Radejjj, 31 March 2013 - 03:15 AM.

#26 Zilea

Zilea
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/2/0

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

paladins are a decent class but right now there are far too many things breaking the game, but because certain classes are well equipped to handle it (resto shamans for example), the game feels allright for a lot of people.

tremor, mage damage, spriest utility, and hunter cc all need to get looked at

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 31 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

View PostZilea, on 31 March 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

paladins are a decent class but right now there are far too many things breaking the game, but because certain classes are well equipped to handle it (resto shamans for example), the game feels allright for a lot of people.

Kind of how I feel, holy paladins are relatively balanced in a world of imbalances. A lot of other classes need to be toned down, and that would make the seemingly weaker classes, paladins, warriors, warlocks, exc all better without having to actually buff them.

Edited by Radejjj, 31 March 2013 - 03:44 AM.

#28 Acebloke

Acebloke
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/2/0

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

I would like to be able to sheild wall while stunned, that would be nice
Posted Image

#29 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

Thought rogues would be higher up there considering how strong thugcleave is..

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#30 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

its like the majority of specs are in a pretty good place but have a couple insanely hard counters that just wipe them off the face of the earth, then there are mages, spriests, and hunters.

i cant imagine trying to play holy paladin against a half decent mage team right now, there is basically nothing they can do.

#31 Bamflol

Bamflol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2493
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

View PostSeu, on 31 March 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

i cant imagine trying to play holy paladin against a half decent mage team right now, there is basically nothing they can do.
Posted Image

"Yeah i pre walled his deep i'll be fine!" > 100-10 > gets blanketed > 10-0

Edited by Bamflol, 31 March 2013 - 06:07 AM.

#32 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

Can't really base it off graphs like that at all. For example, warriors have a pretty low representation yet they are still pretty good.

However I agree, shadow is kind of retarded atm. Needs longer cds on certain things and insanity nerfed.
Posted Image

#33 Acebloke

Acebloke
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/2/0

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:06 AM

View PostSeu, on 31 March 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

true, if ur partners leave you alone for 1 deep you die or have to pop lots of cds

68.6% resi stun reduct meta and in a duel the other day a mage killed me with out the need for a blanket cs

(it was stars align procs but still)

Edited by Acebloke, 31 March 2013 - 06:10 AM.

Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

View PostBamflol, on 31 March 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

"Yeah i pre walled his deep i'll be fine!" > 100-10 > gets blanketed > 10-0

Every single time....on principle I refuse to trinket a deep freeze at 100% health that I pre-walled and that shit always happens.

#35 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostVeev, on 31 March 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

Haven't you emo-quit your warrior 2 months before the patch hit thinking that warriors will be not be amazing NEXT season?
I think people who don't mind being on par with majority of the classes enjoy this season a lot as warrior(I play with one).

#36 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostAcebloke, on 31 March 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

true, if ur partners leave you alone for 1 deep you die or have to pop lots of cds

68.6% resi stun reduct meta and in a duel the other day a mage killed me with out the need for a blanket cs

(it was stars align procs but still)
There is no stars aligning, they do it to every healer, every time, except maybe shaman who gets random 150k self-heal.
Occasionally I go down to %5-15 range if they are not human though.

Edited by Djandawg, 31 March 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#37 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

As long as paladins die in deep freezes with nothing to do we will be a gimmick class, during deep / silences we can't do anything. We just sit there waiting to press bubble at 20% to then have it md'd and die in a DR'd silence or you can just CC us forever since sac get's dispelled instantly.

If they want to fix paladins the best way of doing it is nerfing shamans(tremor) and make the DP glyph 20% damage reduction to physical and magic baseline but the glyph makes it useable while stunned. I don't find CC that much of a problem the biggest problem is you just dying to every single Rogue, Mage, SP team just die in the opener, I think since 5.2 I've played 10 3's games and I had enough. Rogues just sitting on you all game and then eventually winning by doing it dumb and not fun to play, Mage's opening on you with Deep & Orb getting bubble without even needing a blanket after, SP's just yoloing the healer with DP insanity & Silence and getting trinket or bubble.

In short, just nerf rogues lockdown and damage during dance, mage's need frozen orb nerfed(shouldn't be affected by shatter talent), sp's need Solace & insanity nerfed along with lifeswap being disc only, MD longer CD for Shadow. It's not a lot required to fix paladins, just a simple glyph that would greatly help Ret too. They need this DP change more then us but we need it aswell.

And no, discs don't get solo'd by Mages or SPs, it's only Paladins who die within the first 5 seconds of the game to them.

Edited by Mirionx, 31 March 2013 - 09:29 AM.

#38 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 31 March 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

Haven't you emo-quit your warrior 2 months before the patch hit thinking that warriors will be not be amazing NEXT season?
I think people who don't mind being on par with majority of the classes enjoy this season a lot as warrior(I play with one).

I don't want to be "OP" and I enjoy it when there is a sense of balance with my class when compared to others. However, most people will compare their class to the strongest classes in the game. As most should. While warriors are not as bad as they were in S11, I'm not enjoying my class too much atm. You can do well, but I just don't feel like I am on par with most of the classes in the game. And my class is definitely not competitive at a "top" level.

Not saying that warriors need massive buffs, but I truly believe that warriors need something(and I personally like the changes on the ptr).

Edited by Deonto, 31 March 2013 - 09:40 AM.

Posted Image
All credit goes to Beldam for this (amazing) meme.

#39 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostZilea, on 31 March 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

Just curious tough, what new CC Hunters got in MoP? It was never an issue before since there's about 200 ways to prevent a scatter trap, with every classes being even more mobile than in the past, its easier than it ever was actually.

Bestial Wrath's CC Breaker, BM having readiness, and overall just BM's mongo pressure on top of Hunter's CC is what need's to be looked at. Shitting on what makes Marks even remotely viable wouldn't help anything.

Edited by GrieverZ, 31 March 2013 - 10:11 AM.

#40 Lapeane

Lapeane
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2401
  • 3v3: 2825

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostGrieverZ, on 31 March 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

Just curious tough, what new CC Hunters got in MoP? It was never an issue before since there's about 200 ways to prevent a scatter trap, with every classes being even more mobile than in the past, its easier than it ever was actually.

Bestial Wrath's CC Breaker, BM having readiness, and overall just BM's mongo pressure on top of Hunter's CC is what need's to be looked at. Shitting on what makes Marks even remotely viable wouldn't help anything.

Lol you hate BM so much in every post. So hipsta to play MM now which is just retarded. Removing BW would kill this class since every one's stuns are retarded, especially rogue's, and with 1 trinket vs thug cleave you just die on opener without any chance to use two deterrences. It's just so bad, personally I don't like it, It's not fun to stick on shit rat just because you use bad spec instead of good one. Hating won't help, just learn BM ^.^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<