Zander
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/2/2
  • RBG: 192

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

I've been noticing in a lot of games that while I asphyxiate someone, they'll instead get a strangulate in place of the stun. The most recent time this happened was to a death knight playing unh/hpal/mistweaver. He didn't have icebound or bop on him at the time, and since the stun failed to do anything I had to grip peel shortly after.The grip simply did nothing at all and didn't even proc the double usage from the set bonus.  I followed a trap on the pally with asphyxiate earlier in the game, so it's not like I just had the wrong talent activated

Off the top of my head I remember the asphyxiate turning into strangulate on a shadow priest yesterday, some other random occurrences over the past week or two.

This happening to anyone else?

Edited by Zander, 28 March 2013 - 09:38 PM.

#2 Nelehx

Nelehx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/2/1

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

never happened, but they must've had some other stun immunities like BOP, fortitude, maybe even the monk trinket (makes the immune to stuns i think)
swe ofc ^^

#3 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

This has happened to me a few times on my DK, but I haven't figured out the problem. I talked to Mes about it for a bit and he mentioned it only occurs when a player is immune to asphyxiate in some way. Whether that be completely immune to stuns, bopped, or whatever. Someone could have trinketed right when you used it (gives them a very brief period of immunity). I'm not sure of the cause if those aren't the reasons.

#4 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

just read the talent again

#5 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

Also, if you try to Death Grip someone who is next to the pillar in Tol'Viron, it bugs out and does nothing. That is probably what happened to you.

#6 Zander

Zander
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

It was definitely tol viron where the grip failed, wasn't aware that was something I had to look out for.

#7 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

if you aren't orc atm you lose about 1% spell hit because of the expertise the axe gives leaving right below 6% spell hit while you're above 3% melee hit, so you need around 3.70% melee hit if you aren't an orc or human because of the 1% expertise
Posted Image

#8 Nitric

Nitric
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2436

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Lifts an enemy target off the ground and crushes their throat with dark energy, stunning them for 5 sec.  Functions as a silence if the target is immune to stuns.

Replaces Strangulate.

My favorite part is that it replaces strangulate, but if the target is DR'd on stuns, it strangulates them anyway. Please Blizzard, keep promoting mongo-zerg play.

#9 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

View Postflannelsoff, on 28 March 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

if you aren't orc atm you lose about 1% spell hit because of the expertise the axe gives leaving right below 6% spell hit while you're above 3% melee hit, so you need around 3.70% melee hit if you aren't an orc or human because of the 1% expertise

If this new this expansion or maybe even this season? I noticed I wasn't spell hit capped on my DK (which I would think matters), while being melee hit capped. I assume you need spell hit cap so stuff like death grip doesn't miss.

#10 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

View PostTalbadar, on 28 March 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

If this new this expansion or maybe even this season? I noticed I wasn't spell hit capped on my DK (which I would think matters), while being melee hit capped. I assume you need spell hit cap so stuff like death grip doesn't miss.
Yup, things like chains of ice and strangulate can miss aswell, I found out the expertise hit bonus for casters when I faction changed a warlock on ptr
Posted Image

#11 Zander

Zander
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

Dunno, I'm at 7.14% spell hit currently so as far as I know I should be fine on that(expertise from human sword instead of orc axe).

As far as mongoloid cooldown usage we have intimidation stun, pet gnaw, and asphyxiate. Takes three stuns to put someone into immunity, so where's our fourth? Our druid wasn't playing with bash so we don't have a fourth stun to have hit the full DR with. He wasn't BoPd or running around with icebound.

#12 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

i thought thats how asphyxiate worked? if someone was stun immnue - it silenced and if you were silence immune it stuns you? pretty sure now that i think about it sometimes i can blink the spell and sometimes i cant... ill have to try it again to clarify.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#13 Zander

Zander
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

That is how it works, yes, the part I'm not getting is that there was no reason for him to be stun immune

#14 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostNitric, on 28 March 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

Lifts an enemy target off the ground and crushes their throat with dark energy, stunning them for 5 sec.  Functions as a silence if the target is immune to stuns.

Replaces Strangulate.

My favorite part is that it replaces strangulate, but if the target is DR'd on stuns, it strangulates them anyway. Please Blizzard, keep promoting mongo-zerg play.

because its so easy to get a FULL STUN DR

#15 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1816
  • 3v3: 2053
  • 5v5: 2162
  • RBG: 576

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

View PostNitric, on 28 March 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

Replaces Strangulate.

if we have nothing constructive to say lets refrain from posting. a clean AJ is much better than this monstrosity we have.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#16 vacantt

vacantt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

noticed both of these things happening occasionally to me as well.  no reason for the target to be immune to stuns, strangulates instead of stuns anyways.  also the grip bug happens mostly on tol viron but every once in awhile it'll happen on dalaran as well (happens when the target is near boxes/pillars)

#17 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

Happens with charge too - people immune juggernaut (not warbringer). Mostly happens immediately after a blink or displacer beast. Perhaps that is the bug?

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:42 AM

View PostBraindance, on 30 March 2013 - 06:12 AM, said:

Happens with charge too - people immune juggernaut (not warbringer). Mostly happens immediately after a blink or displacer beast. Perhaps that is the bug?

i noticed something similar, i was using interrupt bar and i also have my combat log, but anyways a rogue kicked me (visual+interuptbar said so) i start casting and i get locked 0.6ish later, alltho he had used it? maybe theres some 1sec auras going on? same with blink immune and things?

#19 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostZerlog, on 30 March 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:

i noticed something similar, i was using interrupt bar and i also have my combat log, but anyways a rogue kicked me (visual+interuptbar said so) i start casting and i get locked 0.6ish later, alltho he had used it? maybe theres some 1sec auras going on? same with blink immune and things?
Perhaps it's this yes

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#20 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2151

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

View PostTalbadar, on 28 March 2013 - 09:44 PM, said:

Also, if you try to Death Grip someone who is next to the pillar in Tol'Viron, it bugs out and does nothing. That is probably what happened to you.

The pillars on Tolviron have been really buggy lately. You can cast through parts that you should be able too, and usually that is caused by lag but it happens far too often to be just people lagging on that map only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<