• Curse Sites
Help

Polls about ArenaJunkies

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Polls! (222 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Arena Junkies remove the Junkie status?

1. Yes (45 votes [20.27%])

Percentage of vote: 20.27%

2. No (108 votes [48.65%])

Percentage of vote: 48.65%

3. No, but all except the general section should be accessible for everyone. (69 votes [31.08%])

Percentage of vote: 31.08%

Should known boosters, ddosers and wintraders be banned?

1. Yes, based on community opinion. (27 votes [12.16%])

Percentage of vote: 12.16%

2. Yes, based on screenshots or logs or other proof (168 votes [75.68%])

Percentage of vote: 75.68%

3. No (27 votes [12.16%])

Percentage of vote: 12.16%

Would you prefer a more strict moderation?

1. Yes (96 votes [43.24%])

Percentage of vote: 43.24%

2. No, drama is good. (92 votes [41.44%])

Percentage of vote: 41.44%

3. No, the level of moderation is just right. (34 votes [15.32%])

Percentage of vote: 15.32%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

View PostMundayz, on 28 March 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I've actually seen a constructive post by a Junkie on this site.

It's almost always drama caused by the egotistical elite.

I would love to see the site thrive with more productive and helpful guides, videos, and threads. But, I personally don't see it happening.

I don't think the amount of players participating in arena is high enough at this point.

I think we have the participation but AJ choose to ignore 99% of the arena players and it is showing.
Posted Image

#42 Mundayz

Mundayz
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1588
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

I think you are missing the point of AJ though.

It was meant to be an exclusive medium for the best, but now that a lot of those players are quitting and the wall needed to break to join the elite is becoming exceedingly difficult to break.

I think the scaling back of Junkie status to 2200 was a step in the right direction for the site.

So, now you are left with 0 content and drama threads about who's DDoSing who or "Win-traders on back-water battlegroup"

I can understand the idea of gated requirements, but is that really helping the longevity and validity of the site?

I think the real problem lies in the boosting, win-trading, and DDoSing. Most of which are out of the sites control.

#43 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostMundayz, on 28 March 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

It was meant to be an exclusive medium for the best, but now that a lot of those players are quitting and the wall needed to break to join the elite is becoming exceedingly difficult to break.

I think the scaling back of Junkie status to 2200 was a step in the right direction for the site.

So, now you are left with 0 content and drama threads about who's DDoSing who or "Win-traders on back-water battlegroup"

I can understand the idea of gated requirements, but is that really helping the longevity and validity of the site?

I think the real problem lies in the boosting, win-trading, and DDoSing. Most of which are out of the sites control.

I agree these issues are big and perhaps they will never be fixed. What should be main priority imo is building this community. If bad players have to cheat to get titles so be it. People will always cheat. People were cheating 5 seasons ago. Only reason it is becoming more noticed is because those glad spots are drying up because the community is shrinking. Build community first then concentrate on problems. Also if you mold the community it will become more and more unacceptable to wintrade/boost/ddos.
Posted Image

#44 Farsh

Farsh
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationRiga

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

View PostThaz, on 28 March 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

. Build community first then concentrate on problems.

You can't build community if problems remains. All will remain in the state the AJ is right now. You need to remake/rework and solve the issues, this site has, and than, hopefully new community will start building, growing, educating for new AJ.
"aloe, it's everywhere aloe."

#45 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

i think junkie status is fine or this forums wouldn't be any better than wow forums

ddosers/wintraders and co. shouldn't be having posting rights anyway however i can see issue with witch hunt

i think moderation is fine as it is, i like AJ because it is not like wow forums
shut up pvp guy

#46 Vestinx

Vestinx
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/0/1/2/1
  • RBG: 575

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

I think the poll could be more accurate of what the AJ browsers actually want for change. But obviously most of us want a change. Whatever it is removing Junkies or promote The Waiting Room to something bigger. And of course there's some who don't want anything like that, those who wants it all to remain the same.

Personally I would like to see The Waiting Room to become more active, because we would be able to discuss Arena in bigger groups rather than just seeing posts in the general section about who's the latest DDoS victim, win-trade at some random BG or the new scumbag of WoW. I mean are you guys (Junkies) actually thinking you're contributing with something when you're spamming some shit that doesn't affect 99% of WoW PvP community? However though, I do love the drama though but mainly because I want Båten or Zae to step in the drama wars with some hilarious line.

And all this X class Gladiator is so much better than the X class Rival and therefor he has a more valid point when it comes to stuff like class balance. I mean how ignorant can someone be? Let everyone talk, and when you see someone is being too retarded for being a normal human just ban him. Like that’s after all what moderators are here for. I can ensure you that there’s people that’s not a Junkie but can contribute 10 times better than some of the Junkies here right now. I mean posting some random .gif that is old, boring and complete aids is not good contributing.

Don’t get me wrong, I do want some little extra cool shit for them Gladiators and Rank 1’s. But that cool shit shouldn’t be to have access to write a comment and have a helm to show off with. Well, keep the helms there but let them have something other than being able to post. Saw someone mentioned about a specific vote that only those high rated players could use. This would make players with bad insight receive hopefully some down-votes. And that will end up with them getting either a temporary ban or a warning for not making such open minded posts. This is probably not the most exotic feature you could get for being a good player, but it’s something that would be good. There should probably be something more for Gladiators and Rank 1’s than just that. But I don’t have any ideas…

#Vestinx out

#47 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostFarsh, on 28 March 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

You can't build community if problems remains. All will remain in the state the AJ is right now. You need to remake/rework and solve the issues, this site has, and than, hopefully new community will start building, growing, educating for new AJ.

The problems have always been there. I witnessed cheating in S6. Like I said it is becoming more noticed because the community is withering away. Growth is the only way to start the remedy.
Posted Image

#48 Holyx

Holyx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Admins should fix access to those that for some reason lost their Junkie status under the migration. Aka give me my access back...
Everyone thinks that I have it all
but it's so empty living behind these castle walls

#49 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Frostmane
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1602

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

Where I feel the junkie access system is archaic and outdated, there ought to be some sort of gating procedure. You don't want spambots and kids making fake accoutns with proxies to troll, and all that garbage that comes along with an open forum. Perhaps a happy medium? A Duelist achievement perhaps, or Arena Master, or perhaps even just a 2200 achievement in lieu of gladiator helmets might serve.

I do understand the purging of people who didn't get glad every season, it makes sense. If you opened the forums, even with some gating, you'd need a bigger moderation team (I assume), and maybe do a video tutorial on how to use that "report" button. If the forums are open to non-junkies, you won't have to worry too much about banning people. In the current structure, banning repeat offenders could quite possibly have a ripple effect, since the junkie population is so small.

I can see why most junkies want to keep it a junkie only party in that regard. If it's just blatant elitism, that's lame. If it's self-preservation, so they can keep on trash talking everyone and posting dick pics, that's something else.

Thanks for posting this here and not in the junkies section.

#50 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

Take it to 1500 and label people with highest achievement earned. I love how top players think that people are standing at the door to get into this site.
Posted Image

#51 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Why do people who have one TBC glad or something and haven't broken 2k for 5 years still have junkies access?
It's no secret that TBC glad was far easier than any other seasons due to the massive amount of glad spots(100+ 2v2 spots per BG, gladiators not even at shoulder rating, etc)
I'm sort of surprised this has never come up before.

Not to mention a lot of junkies have fake and boosted titles. I know two active AJ posters that bought gladiator accounts just to post on AJ. Back when awarding titles was bugged quite a few times in WoTLK, a lot of people got titles they don't even have that never got taken away.

A good step to increasing AJ quality would be evaluating EJ's rules. e.g, crying about class balance not allowed outside of a specific place.
Posted Image

#52 Hotpie

Hotpie
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2205
  • LocationNorway

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

No, yes (with actual proof and not just some ss of 6 ppl in the same arena at 6am), I kinda like drama...

Maybe lower the rating req or something... 2200 shouldn't really be that hard to get, but I wouldn't know.. I only really play 2s and RBGs

#53 Kerzen

Kerzen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/2/0/2/.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

View PostThaz, on 28 March 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

I am sorry sir but you are wrong. AJ itself is practically dead and the though that only "Glads" have anything good to post is a complete lie. Once again this is someone holding on to that elitism.....

Isn't elitism sort of why this site was found to begin with? To keep the conversation proper and within a tight group who'd be able to understand what's going on with the game - and to have worthy discussions about it?

I know the quality has gone down, (and I'm not an active poster, just letting you know my view about it) but that's just what's happened to the playerbase.

The people who can't post as they haven't earned the titles probably are much nicer to talk with and usually the people who haven't had success in this game are a lot more friendly and much nicer people to hang out with, but I really doubt giving everyone the chance to equally post would solve any issues.

Also I think it's a wonderful idea to have some sort of an experiment or whatever for a while and see how it'd go - or then open some sections while leaving some for the "junkies" only. It's hard to know for certain what'd happen, before its tried, right?

#54 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

View PostKerzen, on 29 March 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

Isn't elitism sort of why this site was found to begin with? To keep the conversation proper and within a tight group who'd be able to understand what's going on with the game - and to have worthy discussions about it?

I know the quality has gone down, (and I'm not an active poster, just letting you know my view about it) but that's just what's happened to the playerbase.

The people who can't post as they haven't earned the titles probably are much nicer to talk with and usually the people who haven't had success in this game are a lot more friendly and much nicer people to hang out with, but I really doubt giving everyone the chance to equally post would solve any issues.

Also I think it's a wonderful idea to have some sort of an experiment or whatever for a while and see how it'd go - or then open some sections while leaving some for the "junkies" only. It's hard to know for certain what'd happen, before its tried, right?

There hasn't been good gameplay discussions since probably beginning of Wrath. Every thread just houses trolls it seems. That argument that "glads" bring a better pov to the conversation is laughable. It isn't true and we all know it. If this site is for the top .5% of the game and isn't going to change then I simply say fuck it. Trying to change something here doesn't seem to be working and I have a feeling this thread will fade away along with the discussion. The "Elite" players on this site, in all their stupidity, will continue to complain about pvp is shit, classes/spec are crap, and they aren't better than each other because of some fotm seasons/carry/boost/whatever. Fuck them, I tried to help this community and I have a feeling that this discussion will die with this thread. Fuck these ignorant BAD players. You had the ability to make a great site and strengthen the community but no admins threw away money because they want to cater to these morons. C'est la vie.
Posted Image

#55 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

View PostPugna, on 28 March 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Rather than removing the junkies, consider adding another forum, similar to the waiting room, but for those of similar skill level.

An example:

Leave Junkie Status where it is now
Add a Rival Forum (Requires the Rival Title earned on the account??)
Add a Challenger Forum (Same as above)

That way, your talking to people of your similar skill level, and it COULD (possible) work as a smaller recruitment area for people looking for others of similar skill level to play with.

You could encourage Junkies to post into those forums to help answer questions and give advice for those seeking to improve ratings as well. There is a lot of untapped potential here at AJ, might as well use it!

Would split the community way too much, just need to add class forums to the non-junkie section imo, they don't serve the purpose they used to anyway since the game has been simplified a lot as far as things like stats go and its been out for so long.

Edited by GrieverZ, 29 March 2013 - 03:23 AM.

#56 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

View PostThaz, on 29 March 2013 - 03:09 AM, said:

There hasn't been good gameplay discussions since probably beginning of Wrath. Every thread just houses trolls it seems. That argument that "glads" bring a better pov to the conversation is laughable. It isn't true and we all know it. If this site is for the top .5% of the game and isn't going to change then I simply say fuck it. Trying to change something here doesn't seem to be working and I have a feeling this thread will fade away along with the discussion. The "Elite" players on this site, in all their stupidity, will continue to complain about pvp is shit, classes/spec are crap, and they aren't better than each other because of some fotm seasons/carry/boost/whatever. Fuck them, I tried to help this community and I have a feeling that this discussion will die with this thread. Fuck these ignorant BAD players. You had the ability to make a great site and strengthen the community but no admins threw away money because they want to cater to these morons. C'est la vie.
Hold your horses. It might seem like nothing is being done on your end, but believe me, the message went through and it's in the best interest of AJ staff to improve the site.

Edited by Thaya, 29 March 2013 - 03:22 AM.

Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#57 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

Imo the websites needs a bit of restructuring, to continue my point from earlier.

Get rid of the "Ask a Gladiator" section.

Make the 2v2/3v3/5v5 sec, the class sections and the RBG section acessible without Junkie status. This way new players can ask questions and maybe spark discussions. Would do the same as the Ask a Gladiator thing but with more freedom.

Also maybe remove access from the content feedback section, this way people could actually ask for what kind of content they are looking for, would specially be usefull at the begining of this revamp.

Rename the "3v3 Blizzard tournament" section into just "Tournaments" so organisations can list their events and we can know and discuss when Blizzard host new tournaments, etc. Maybe keep a sticky for the most recurrent ones.

Maybe add new more obvious sections for other popular arena-style games like LoL, DOTA2, Firefall, etc. Would increase the trafic a bit i'm sure.

Remove useless sections like NAO and theorycrafting, its just pointless clutter.

My suggestions at least.

Edited by GrieverZ, 29 March 2013 - 03:39 AM.

#58 Cakesz

Cakesz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/0/.

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostMundayz, on 28 March 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

AJ is kinda like the US, neither are actually what they were started out to be.

AJ was started to be a place to discuss balance with people who were high rated/Glad players.

The assumption was that only intelligence/unbiased players could achieve Junkie, this was proven to be false, even before people started wintrading and buying it. There was also an assumption that intelligent players would not be unable to obtain Junkie, again this has been proven false as well.

AJ is not that and it hasn't been for along time.

The only difference between AJ and the official forums is that here people have bigger egos based on shit that doesn't matter.

#59 Moderator

• Moderators

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostHolyx, on 28 March 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

Admins should fix access to those that for some reason lost their Junkie status under the migration. Aka give me my access back...

Please post this in site feedback.
Global Moderator Account

#60 Njsx

Njsx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination 2/0/1/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 766
  • 3v3: 96

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

Yea. So your request can rot in there like the hundreds of others...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<