• Curse Sites
Help

Polls about ArenaJunkies

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Polls! (222 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Arena Junkies remove the Junkie status?

1. Yes (45 votes [20.27%])

Percentage of vote: 20.27%

2. No (108 votes [48.65%])

Percentage of vote: 48.65%

3. No, but all except the general section should be accessible for everyone. (69 votes [31.08%])

Percentage of vote: 31.08%

Should known boosters, ddosers and wintraders be banned?

1. Yes, based on community opinion. (27 votes [12.16%])

Percentage of vote: 12.16%

2. Yes, based on screenshots or logs or other proof (168 votes [75.68%])

Percentage of vote: 75.68%

3. No (27 votes [12.16%])

Percentage of vote: 12.16%

Would you prefer a more strict moderation?

1. Yes (96 votes [43.24%])

Percentage of vote: 43.24%

2. No, drama is good. (92 votes [41.44%])

Percentage of vote: 41.44%

3. No, the level of moderation is just right. (34 votes [15.32%])

Percentage of vote: 15.32%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

People really shouldn't even have to discuss this. Look at the voting. 135 people. 135! How does this not hit anyone? Like really, that is it and you are asking to keep restrictions on?! Why is that even a question? THERE IS NO ONE HERE and you are discussing this like this site is Reddit. For a site that is filled with people who claim to be "great" you guys really aren't paying attention. It may look like I am just complaining but I am trying to help this site and show the admins why they are fucking up. People constantly complain about issues in PvP and them never getting fixed. To get these problems fixed you need to show Blizzard that it is a major problem, THE LAST THING YOU DO IS SILENCE PEOPLE NEXT TO YOU. You don't get changes made when you don't include the opinion of the majority. This isn't complicated, you want more people to play arena and you want changes to be made, then you have to tell these elitist fuckers to shut their god damn mouth. They will kick and scream like the brat children they are but fuck them. They trashed your community and this site. Perhaps its time you cater to the majority instead of these spoiled children.
Posted Image

#22 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1951
  • LocationCold North

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

Should Arena Junkies remove the Junkie status?
Yes. Gladiators still boast visual 'benefits', and it would be nice to have AJ more open to the general +1500-2200 rated players, who struggle and wants discussions. Right now, it's just too inactive and elitist.

Should known boosters, ddosers and wintraders be banned?
Definitely not. AJ moderators shouldn't judge who cheats and who doesn't.

Would you prefer a more strict moderation?
Drama is a lot of fun. But you should ban people who repeatedly makes real-life threats. Also stupid posts are often funny, and even people pointing PvP stuff out in obscene manners, can be useful or even right. But you should find a better way to reward players for being helpful and posting insightful stuff.

The game and the players are a lot different now compared to when AJ launched. And it shows in AJ content. You shouldn't hesitate changes - take a chance and let's blow some life into this site before it rots entirely.

#23 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Give posting access to everyone. Create a minus -rep button that only the more experienced players can use. If someone posts incorrect information, the experienced players can just minus rep him. Once the useless post gets enough minus rep, it'd get hidden. This would prevent the experienced players from having to correct every single post one by one. Would also make the life of moderators easier, as the experienced players would kind of do the moderating for them. This would give everyone a chance to bring out their opinions, and the bad posters would propably take the hint. (obviously there would be some Regentlords who'd keep on going even after reaching -7k reputation)

DDOSers should be banned.

Wintraders should not be banned, they should just be given a black skull of wintraders instead of the gladiator skull (so people would know to treat them as such)

Boosters should not be banned - people who buy boosts should be banned instead.

Posted Image

Monitor your moderators, MMO-Champion

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HnDYcJjQIQM

#24 Pugna

Pugna
  • Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Rather than removing the junkies, consider adding another forum, similar to the waiting room, but for those of similar skill level.

An example:

Leave Junkie Status where it is now
Add a Rival Forum (Requires the Rival Title earned on the account??)
Add a Challenger Forum (Same as above)

That way, your talking to people of your similar skill level, and it COULD (possible) work as a smaller recruitment area for people looking for others of similar skill level to play with.

You could encourage Junkies to post into those forums to help answer questions and give advice for those seeking to improve ratings as well. There is a lot of untapped potential here at AJ, might as well use it!

#25 Vioz

Vioz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2215

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostThaz, on 28 March 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

People really shouldn't even have to discuss this. Look at the voting. 135 people. 135! How does this not hit anyone? Like really, that is it and you are asking to keep restrictions on?! Why is that even a question? THERE IS NO ONE HERE and you are discussing this like this site is Reddit. For a site that is filled with people who claim to be "great" you guys really aren't paying attention. It may look like I am just complaining but I am trying to help this site and show the admins why they are fucking up. People constantly complain about issues in PvP and them never getting fixed. To get these problems fixed you need to show Blizzard that it is a major problem, THE LAST THING YOU DO IS SILENCE PEOPLE NEXT TO YOU. You don't get changes made when you don't include the opinion of the majority. This isn't complicated, you want more people to play arena and you want changes to be made, then you have to tell these elitist fuckers to shut their god damn mouth. They will kick and scream like the brat children they are but fuck them. They trashed your community and this site. Perhaps its time you cater to the majority instead of these spoiled children.

No. The "elitist" players are babies? Look at your post then reconsider this. I used to be a Halo 3 semi-professional, and on the MLG forums, there was a hidden forum for ProPlayers only. The forum was generally slow, but the talk was always between equal skilled players about ideas etc. There were of course the general forums where anyone could post, but the idea is that you have nothing to contribute if you are not at a high level of play. What 2 cents can you offer?

#26 Kerzen

Kerzen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/2/0/2/.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

To some posts there:

Even though the community is small, it does not mean it NEEDS to be increased, by letting everyone post.
What does it matter if the post and member count goes up, if the site's quality goes even lower from this?

Quantity < Quality, is just the fact in these kind of sites. Otherwise it'd make no difference if you post here or in the officials except for the mods banning the worst trolls.

The site will die or be left completely by the few people who actually post stuff worth reading, if junkie status would be taken away and everyone would have the right to post their "opinions" which are "equal" to everyone elses.

Edited by Kerzen, 28 March 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#27 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

View PostKettu, on 28 March 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

Give posting access to everyone. Create a minus -rep button that only the more experienced players can use. If someone posts incorrect information, the experienced players can just minus rep him. Once the useless post gets enough minus rep, it'd get hidden. This would prevent the experienced players from having to correct every single post one by one. Would also make the life of moderators easier, as the experienced players would kind of do the moderating for them. This would give everyone a chance to bring out their opinions, and the bad posters would propably take the hint. (obviously there would be some Regentlords who'd keep on going even after reaching -7k reputation)

DDOSers should be banned.

Wintraders should not be banned, they should just be given a black skull of wintraders instead of the gladiator skull (so people would know to treat them as such)

Boosters should not be banned - people who buy boosts should be banned instead.

I agree with the rep idea and think it would separate the people who add meaningful content vice garbage regardless of their titles. I do not agree with the wintrading/boosters no being banned. They are a cancer and need to be removed completely. They do not stand for competition and sportsmanship (cheesy I know). Fuck them.

View PostPugna, on 28 March 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

Rather than removing the junkies, consider adding another forum, similar to the waiting room, but for those of similar skill level.

An example:

Leave Junkie Status where it is now
Add a Rival Forum (Requires the Rival Title earned on the account??)
Add a Challenger Forum (Same as above)

That way, your talking to people of your similar skill level, and it COULD (possible) work as a smaller recruitment area for people looking for others of similar skill level to play with.

You could encourage Junkies to post into those forums to help answer questions and give advice for those seeking to improve ratings as well. There is a lot of untapped potential here at AJ, might as well use it!

I disagree, adding degrees of separation is still separation. I know this isn't AJ vs the board of education but we need to band together and grow stronger rather than separate and then dwindle off. Elitism shouldn't be tolerated. If you are good and add to the community people will respect you. You don't get respect just because you say so.
Posted Image

#28 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1879
  • 3v3: 2694
  • 5v5: 2249
  • RBG: 2276

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

hey thaz, wake up, the official wow forums are complete dogshit and there's a reason this site was made. obviously it would be nice to have more activity and for more people to post, but if they're going to allow it, they're going to have to back it up with moderation.

#29 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostVioz, on 28 March 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

No. The "elitist" players are babies? Look at your post then reconsider this. I used to be a Halo 3 semi-professional, and on the MLG forums, there was a hidden forum for ProPlayers only. The forum was generally slow, but the talk was always between equal skilled players about ideas etc. There were of course the general forums where anyone could post, but the idea is that you have nothing to contribute if you are not at a high level of play. What 2 cents can you offer?

Okay let me explain it a different way. You want to have a party but you only invite 2 people. At the party you complain that there is no one here and it sucks. The party is arena and the people are "glads". People turn their back on PvP because it doesn't have an accepting community and it has a general elitism about it.

Just to pander to your condescending question, I am 2600+ exp, have arena master (got it in wotlk), I can play multiple characters to 2k+, and have played against the top players in the world consistently every season when I have competed. But I don't have the ability to post in the active forums. Okay fine, no worries. I read active forums and people complain about queues, comps, classes, balancing, cheaters, etc.. What do they provide? Nothing. But, through your perception we should cater a shrinking community of less than a 1000 people to what they want. Gotcha.

What I can provide is simple guides or walkthroughs on basics such as keybinding, positioning, and awareness.

So let me ask what 2 cents have you given?
Posted Image

#30 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostSmooviex, on 28 March 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

hey thaz, wake up, the official wow forums are complete dogshit and there's a reason this site was made. obviously it would be nice to have more activity and for more people to post, but if they're going to allow it, they're going to have to back it up with moderation.

Yes they are, because the mods there don't give a shit. It also reflects the community itself. All I am saying is that we should try to build the community and when building we have the control of how it shapes. Want it to be small and shitty, then leave it as is. Want to make it bigger and stronger then you need to get more people to help and set a standard on how it grows.
Posted Image

#31 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

View PostKerzen, on 28 March 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

To some posts there:

Even though the community is small, it does not mean it NEEDS to be increased, by letting everyone post.
What does it matter if the post and member count goes up, if the site's quality goes even lower from this?

Quantity < Quality, is just the fact in these kind of sites. Otherwise it'd make no difference if you post here or in the officials except for the mods banning the worst trolls.

The site will die or be left completely by the few people who actually post stuff worth reading, if junkie status would be taken away and everyone would have the right to post their "opinions" which are "equal" to everyone elses.

I am sorry sir but you are wrong. AJ itself is practically dead and the though that only "Glads" have anything good to post is a complete lie. Once again this is someone holding on to that elitism.....
Posted Image

#32 Zambador

Zambador
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 1636
  • 3v3: 288
  • RBG: 1150
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

I've been over 2400 on every class with every comp in the game.. and i've never been able to post . So... removing the posting requirement would mean i can ACTUALLY post. Because for some fucked up reason i'm not a "junkie".

#33 Execx

Execx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1560
  • 3v3: 2608
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1752

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

View PostSmooviex, on 28 March 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

the only threads worth reading are in the general section, so idc if others can access the rest.

well yea if it's known and there's definitive proof then fuck them.

let's be real threads like hydra getting his account stolen only bring more people to this site, drama is fun. there's a few idiots who should get slapped with a suspension but regardless, not really.

Pretty much.

#34 Farsh

Farsh
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationRiga

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

Have read all posts above, and found few really interesting ideas.
1. Additional forum sections for duelists and below are good idea. Which will make discussion between topics more interesting via same expirienced people. (might also add answering only for duelists etc. Same as it is in forum "ask gladiator". Ask duelist?

2. Additing more rewards for good posters or punishments for bad ones. Will give more motivation for posting good content.

Voting!
1). Junkies status shouldn't be removed, however it needs to be remaked. I like the idea of someones posted above: leave junkies status to active gladiators only, or for r1 glads only, because there is to many bs. For example there is a guy on forums who got only one gladiator title in season 1. And he activly posting his posts everywhere, giving suggestions etc. Don't know about you guys, but i don't think that this "outdated" gladiator should have access.

2). Boosters shouldnt be banned, but w/t and guys who buy boosts should get. It's not good that these peoples earn junkies title because they buy ranks or cheat, and by having no skill, post suggestions. Leave boosters alone, they have pro skills, so they can comment, suggest, give ideas and guides for newcommers (isnt its the reason why glads can actually post? Because they know what to do.)

3). Moderation needs to be more "hard". The reasons of this, there are to many troll posts. Trolling is fun, but posts like "...ur nub..." or "...hyune is bad btw..." are just waste of space ane shouldnt exist at all. They just make mess.

What do you think?
"aloe, it's everywhere aloe."

#35 Zerych

Zerych
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Garona
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1714
  • 3v3: 2318
  • RBG: 576

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

Junkie status is not only for gladiator but also for high rated player during the curent season. The rating requirment is changed relativly often (almost every season if I remember well), so it's a correct way to deliver the Junkies status I think.

What could be interesting is to shrink the number of forum where onyl junkies can post, leaving a room where you can find information (or hard trolling :P) only from player "who know their shit because they compete with the best".

Also the very old Gladiator people, who did not archiev any high rating in a while should have another status, something like a VIP status, since I don't think that a s1-s4 Glad who havnt past 2k2 since s8 have a better vision of the game than a "random" 2k player.

As for boosting the site traffic, well it's hard but with the adjustment on pvp coming, and hopefully an increased arena participation, it will go up.

I'm for banning DDOS/wintrader, because they don't PLAY the game to earn what they have, so they have NO MORE experience than a non-junkie forumer. For the people who sell Boost, well it's an other story I think.

And finally, having a lot of different lvl of player, but having more of them, don't automatically means that we will get answer/fix/patchnot or whatever, simply because we would all have different opinion and it would lead to nothing.

ps: sorry for my english, it's bad :P

#36 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

You guys are really rushing ahead. Doing too many changes at the same time is a risk.

1) Junkie status shouldn't be removed completely. Other than opening the class forums to everybody, I've also had an idea of putting the Waiting Room higher up on the forum list. It should be right next to or somewhere nearby General Discussion. This is basically a General Discussion forum already, just with open access. We just need to make it more visible and used than it is.

There's a plethora of options between junkie-only AJ and complete removal of the junkie group. I vote for integration, without destroying what we have now.

(And of course, if you build the poll the way you did, the majority of votes will be "No". Notice how many people say the requirements should be lowered after voting. It's not a 100% "No", so the result isn't actually accurate.)

2) This is another extreme decision. This can be achieved slowly, by banning malicious users as soon as they do something malicious. It doesn't have to be retroactive. Banning everybody who ever boosted would be incredibly stupid because both the community and Blizzard has ignored the issue for 3 years.

Again, take it slow. Don't rush. Evolution, not revolution.

3) Style of moderation is another thing that should be kept as it is, there should just be more of it. We need moderator presence, i.e. moderators that are actually involved in WoW PvP and are interested in improving and leading the community. Moderators are often not just police, but also voices of the community. At least as far as General forums go.

Class forums will need stricter moderation. They're supposed to be the "serious" part of the site. Not completely dry and without any humor, but nothing like the current General.

Edited by Thaya, 28 March 2013 - 06:34 PM.

Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#37 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

View PostThaya, on 28 March 2013 - 05:48 PM, said:

You guys are really rushing ahead. Doing too many changes at the same time is a risk.

1) Junkie status shouldn't be removed completely. Other than opening the class forums to everybody, I've also had an idea of putting the Waiting Room higher up on the forum list. It should be right next to or somewhere nearby General Discussion. This is basically a General Discussion forum already, just with open access. We just need to make it more visible and used than it is.

There's a plethora of options between junkie-only AJ and complete removal of the junkie group. I vote for integration, without destroying what we have now.

(And of course, if you build the poll the way you did, the majority of votes will be "No". Notice how many people say the requirements should be lowered after voting. It's not a 100% "No", so the result isn't actually accurate.)

Why are we talking about restricting the ability to comment? Why are you guys so scared of a 1300 player talking in general? Honestly do you think they will be malicious? Do you think they will troll? You want to separate people fine here is a suggestion:

Go off achievements.

Glads/R1 (already have their skulls) - Have the ability to answer questions in ask a gladiator. Write and edit guides. Give them the top priority on list for streams. Ability to add/edit macro section.

Arena Master (put title below their name) - Able to write guides maybe edit? Second priority for streaming. Ability to add/edit macro section.

Duelist (put title below their name) - Same as above?

Rival (put title below their name) - Ability to add to macro section.

Challenger (put title below their name) - The neutral zone.

Newbie (put title below their name) - Welcome them they are what you should cater to.

Now everyone will have their Experience VISIBLE and it will still give low players something to strive for. If a challenger trolls, mods step in remove post/warn/or ban if needed.

I just picked some things off the top of my head that the different ranks could do. Now this all revolves around GLADIATORS actually contributing and if site fails it will be on the top players shoulders. So to them I would say step up or shut up.

Edit: typo

Edited by Thaz, 28 March 2013 - 07:10 PM.

Posted Image

#38 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

I'm not talking about restricting the ability to comment, I'm talking about swift and remorseless changes like these being too risky. You can't just go and cancel something that has been a core component of this site (with almost a decade history). It's completely unpredictable where this will take us. Yes, it'll be an amazing change in an ideal world, but I can imagine several scenarios where this goes completely wrong.

I don't want to separate people. What I'm fighting for is the exact opposite. I want to integrate. But I also don't want to destroy what AJ is right now. This is why I'm suggesting to move Waiting Room higher up, put it on the same level as General Discussions (or close to), perhaps even rename it. If it becomes popular, all the game related discussion will move there, and then we'll figure out what to do with the permissions and the current General Discussions.

All I'm trying to say is: don't rush. Evolution, not revolution.

Edited by Thaya, 28 March 2013 - 07:27 PM.

Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#39 Mundayz

Mundayz
  • Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Stormreaver
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1588
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:36 PM

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I've actually seen a constructive post by a Junkie on this site.

It's almost always drama caused by the egotistical elite.

I would love to see the site thrive with more productive and helpful guides, videos, and threads. But, I personally don't see it happening.

I don't think the amount of players participating in arena is high enough at this point.

#40 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostThaya, on 28 March 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

I'm not talking about restricting the ability to comment, I'm talking about swift and remorseless changes like these being too risky. You can't just go and cancel something that has been a core component of this site (with almost a decade history). It's completely unpredictable where this will take us. Yes, it'll be an amazing change in an ideal world, but I can imagine several scenarios where this goes completely wrong.

I don't want to separate people. What I'm fighting for is the exact opposite. I want to integrate. But I also don't want to destroy what AJ is right now. This is why I'm suggesting to move Waiting Room higher up, put it on the same level as General Discussions (or close to), perhaps even rename it. If it becomes popular, all the game related discussion will move there, and then we'll figure out what to do with the permissions and the current General Discussions.

All I'm trying to say is: don't rush. Evolution, not revolution.

Ain't nobody got time for that! In all seriousness though I understand your thoughts on progressive changes. From my point of view is this has been a topic multiple times over the past years. So this isn't new. Every time the admins come in with some bs remedy to "fix the issues" but in the end they still keep separation and it shrinks the community. Perhaps it is time we destroy this elitism here and bring in new blood. It will change the way AJ is but is that a bad thing? To be honest I am not even worried about the site dying, I am worried that AJs reputation is so fucked that it is not salvageable. So even with the "junkie status" reworked or removed nothing would change. That's what I think is more and more inevitable as time continues.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<