• Curse Sites
Help

Polls about ArenaJunkies

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Polls! (222 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Arena Junkies remove the Junkie status?

1. Yes (45 votes [20.27%])

Percentage of vote: 20.27%

2. No (108 votes [48.65%])

Percentage of vote: 48.65%

3. No, but all except the general section should be accessible for everyone. (69 votes [31.08%])

Percentage of vote: 31.08%

Should known boosters, ddosers and wintraders be banned?

1. Yes, based on community opinion. (27 votes [12.16%])

Percentage of vote: 12.16%

2. Yes, based on screenshots or logs or other proof (168 votes [75.68%])

Percentage of vote: 75.68%

3. No (27 votes [12.16%])

Percentage of vote: 12.16%

Would you prefer a more strict moderation?

1. Yes (96 votes [43.24%])

Percentage of vote: 43.24%

2. No, drama is good. (92 votes [41.44%])

Percentage of vote: 41.44%

3. No, the level of moderation is just right. (34 votes [15.32%])

Percentage of vote: 15.32%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

Ok, time for polls. Let me know what your opinion is.

#2 Reedztv

Reedztv
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2315

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

no no no

edit: remove boosters from 2nd one and possibly yes, otherwise you would be banning half of the members on this site.

Edited by Reedztv, 28 March 2013 - 11:00 AM.

• Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1750
  • RBG: 192

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

Whats the point of having AJ if everyone could post here? :)

Should be for Gladiators only. People will Q.Q because they were either so close on getting glad..(too bad son) or they just want to participate in conversations on AJ.. well imo AJ should be for good players not for everyone aka like the official forums.

#4 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1775
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2415
  • RBG: 2376

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

the only threads worth reading are in the general section, so idc if others can access the rest.

well yea if it's known and there's definitive proof then fuck them.

let's be real threads like hydra getting his account stolen only bring more people to this site, drama is fun. there's a few idiots who should get slapped with a suspension but regardless, not really.

Edited by Smooviex, 28 March 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#5 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

Polls are working again.

#6 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

If everyone could post it would just be like the official forums really. And of course people want drama, they are bored, that's why they come here. So asking them whether they want to be entertained isn't really the smartest thing to do.
Pretty sure you could question a group of people in a certain place whether they would find it okay if one guy would beat up another and you'd have a huge chunk voting yes just for entertainment, as long they can vote anonymously obviously. I know that without drama AJ would have a lot less traffic though.

#7 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostSoku, on 28 March 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

Whats the point of having AJ if everyone could post here? :)

Should be for Gladiators only. People will Q.Q because they were either so close on getting glad..(too bad son) or they just want to participate in conversations on AJ.. well imo AJ should be for good players not for everyone aka like the official forums.

So let me ask you something - is it better that we have class forums that literally get zero posts/responses for over a week at a time?  Is that good for the site, just so you can maintain some elite class that gets to post here?  Taking away the Junkie status isn't right, but lowering it or tying it to number of wins in arena or something like this could bring in a bunch of new activity.  Moderate it to get rid of the people who whine, but the logic that a completely dead forum is a good idea just to lock people out of it is ludicrous.

#8 varellz

varellz
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

these wintraders are important for season end drama dont ban them

#9 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

No, Yes and No.

Junkie status should be lowered to 2k. The point of having junkie status is so we don't have random bads giving out advice or just spewing garbage all over the forums.

#10 Moderator

• Moderators

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

This should give some interesting results.
Global Moderator Account

#11 Vantelokkeren

Vantelokkeren
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

I've been following AJ since start of wotlk, and there has always been trolls. The level of posts now compared to then is just very very low, which is a shame. I guess it's because of the state of retail. I check AJ daily but rarely see anything interesting or worth actually reading. "u mirin", "u even lift?" etc. is just retarded, and should be banned immedietly as they (or him) contributes with nothing. As much as I would like to reply to many threads, I am not eligble due to my non-existent glads, but that's the way AJ should be. I just hope glads would reply to beginner threads more often, as it would increase the activity on AJ massively. Having 1k views on a thread with 1 reply is not exactly encouring new players to ask on AJ. And where exactly do you go if you want serious answers about your class/combos etc. if not AJ?

#12 Pyonx

Pyonx
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2318

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 28 March 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

No, Yes and No.

Junkie status should be lowered to 2k. The point of having junkie status is so we don't have random bads giving out advice or just spewing garbage all over the forums.
and 2k means you're not "a random bad"? seeing as how ridicilous easy it is to get rating as certain classes atm

#13 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

I think you people don't understand this at all. Remove the posting requirments and let people talk. You complain that pvp is dying because no one is here. THIS COMMUNITY IS SO SMALL AND YOU ELITE MORONS WANT TO KEEP IT SMALL. How fucking much recognition do you need? Your skulls aren't enough? You want more? Then fucking contribute. This site shouldn't be for you, it should be for the abismally tiny pvp community and you want to keep that way so you can feel special. What does it matter you don't even respect each other anyway but you demand that the entire community should respect you? Gtfo. I said this early and I will say it again. Elites don't make a community, they are made by it. If you want respect earn it through your peers by helping and offering feedback or assistance.

Remove all posting requirments and have mods watch for inappropriate post. Oh and for the guy who said it will be just like normal forums you're wrong. AJ could only dream of getting that traffic and it should strive to. The more people who come here, the more that they might be interested in arena, the more people que, the more participation we gain, the larger the community grows.  

Ban boosters, wintraders, and ddosers. They corrupt the community and should be shunned from it, not endorsed.

Stricter moderation is needed. You want drama go watch Lifetime or go to battlegroup forums. Keep that toxic crap away from the high traffic areas. It's good and funny but also inappropriate to read on the main page.

My 2 cents flame away.
Posted Image

#14 Dubaaii

Dubaaii
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

Some ppl have "cool" ideas, like this one - LevesBras "acces to general section : at least 2/3 times gladiator or a good current rating and only 90 character (maximum level)...no achievement or FoS but anyway, a 1400 rated player shouldn't have acces here, simple as that.   "

for sure he will aprove of the following ideas as well. No access to ppl from shit bgs, french, russian etc.  Also no acc to wotlk and cata ppl, since most of them are like 12-16y old trolls...lol

Anyway, on more serious note don't understand why Your still trying to make this game/community/AJ elitist.....it simply ain't. And ban boosters ddosers etc - first of all u prolly would have to ban by now 30? 40? 50%? of AJ.  Second of all, you would think proof such as screens logs ips is enough, somehow Khuna etc still are doing just fine.

Still props for trying to make a difference, I'm afraid that just like the Holinka it's a bit to late.

#15 Pyonx

Pyonx
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2318

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostThaz, on 28 March 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Ban boosters, wintraders, and ddosers. They corrupt the community and should be shunned from it, not endorsed.
I agree with the w/t and ddosing part, but banning boosters from AJ will also mean this:

View PostThaz, on 28 March 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

THIS COMMUNITY IS SO SMALL AND YOU ELITE MORONS WANT TO KEEP IT SMALL.

A shitton of people do boosting. A shitton. Especially the ones who would be most qualified to contribute, and write guides. Or whatever.

#16 Thaz

Thaz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostPyonx, on 28 March 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

A shitton of people do boosting. A shitton. Especially the ones who would be most qualified to contribute, and write guides. Or whatever.

I know people have been doing that and we should try to shed light on it. As for a "shitton", I highly doubt it. What maybe 100-200 people boosting. Maybe a bit more. We are talking about MILLIONS of people that play this game and they should be the target to get here. Remove boosters report them and hopefully Holinka and other devs will come down with the hammer.
Posted Image

#17 saladisok

saladisok
  • Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

ACTIVE gladiators players should have access

#18 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

nic e
Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#19 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

View Postsaladisok, on 28 March 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

ACTIVE gladiators players should have access

That's like what? 20 of them that actively visit this site? Out of like 70?

#20 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

I think people should have to be active to post... at least active in the current expansion so the bare minimum would be a level 90 character.  Or maybe a level 90 character that has been above 2k in the current expansion?
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<