• Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

View PostKIA Skill, on 11 April 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

Wtf is this? I am not sure what I am reading but it looks like I'm reading a league of legends red post. Please don't turn this website into league of legends baby 12 year old community. Thank you. Do not encourage people to report posts other than those that are blatantly offensive/racist. If you can't handle a little trolling, get the fuck off the internet. Thank you.

calm down is right.  Getting so upset because someone else has a different opinion than you is a problem.  Just a game bud. :duckers:

#22 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostXisa, on 07 April 2013 - 08:17 PM, said:

I would post in the main thread, but my rating isn't high enough yet this season (ironic given the discussion at hand).

There's an old marketing adage that says "Perception is reality". Regardless of what actually goes on, what people THINK goes on is what tends to have an actual impact.

When nearly every single thread of any activity on the forum is full of GIFs, inane troll response, or just general rudeness, the eyes of the viewers glass over, ignore it, and just leave. It's the reason I don't frequent the site anymore. Nothing useful is said, and and what is said is incessant whining/trolling/advertising for streams.

Arena Junkies used to be a destination website, the Elitist Jerks of the PvP community. I'm aware that competition breeds a certain level of aggression in people: I've competed in various things for my entire life, from sports to academics to this game. .

It is not an excuse for the level of nastiness and uselessness that goes on here. In sales, the expression "10 years to gain a customer, 10 minutes to lose one" is taken seriously for a reason: It's true. Most people are not going to complain, not write a post, not hit the report button.

They are simply going to leave, and never come back.

The toxicity of this forum has to be cleaned up. You can't have a healthy garden that's full of weeds. People that contribute nothing but drivel and bile to their respective discussions simply don't need to be here. They don't add anything, all they do is take away.

You can have humor and advice in a thread without being a douchebag. You can offer criticism without being an asshole.

That's what will create and nourish a community. The Arena Junkies name and brand is close to a toxic asset at this point. It's not beyond saving, but you're going to have to pull the weeds.

I appreciate your feedback.  I agree that there's a fair amount of useless posts in this community.  But that being said, it is a community so it's going to take both our effort together to achieve something.  The moderating team gets a fair share of the "trash" per se, but we still need your help in noticing it as well.  If you see something useless/pointless, let us know!  On our side, we should be doing most of the work but if you can help out every now and then, it really goes a long way.  I've said it too much and I'm beating a dead horse, but report what you don't like.

That being said, what would you suggest we do differently?  Wildehide is hosting some podcast with a livestream I believe on Sat during the afternoon and I'd like to believe that's a result of Thaya, myself and a few others trying to be more proactive in both cleaning up the forum and reaching out towards the community.  Hopefully the user base realizes with these threads, podcasts, new administrators, that we are trying to get AJ back to a more respectable light!

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#23 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

Link to the podcast Wildehide put on:  http://www.arenajunk...-and-hildegard/

Direct Youtube link here:  

I'm posting another image since that one is wack.  This one is wack too but slightly less.
Spoiler

bk said:

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

#24 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 15 April 2013 - 08:09 AM

I'd recommend going back to the direct link Wildehide posted (that's linked above) because it summarizes what went on in the podcast so you know what to expect.  Feedback from the podcast (good ideas, bad ideas, more things we should have talked about) is appreciated.  Cheers!

bk said:

Insight said:

#25 prodigiousv

prodigiousv
  • Members

Posted 24 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

The current moderation is off the charts, I'm sorry but I'm not happy with it.
Posted Image

#26 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 2107
  • 3v3: 2273
  • RBG: 1528

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

For fuck's sake, Namechange.

Edited by Forumz, 25 July 2014 - 03:20 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<