• Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

The problem with banning people for reasons outside of anything done on AJ directly is that there is no way for a moderator to make sure the claims are right. While probably everyone around PvP that doesn't sell or buy boosts is against it's nothing a AJ moderator can easily figure out.

What should be banned is anyone advertising these boosts on AJ and maybe ban streams that do boosting adds.

But as some of the most popular streamers (Reckful for example) make cash for advertising boosting sites it's a tough decision to make.

Look at Reckful as example. Blizzard invites him to commentate the BlizzCon despite the fact that he advertises for a boosting site on his stream. If Blizzard doesn't sanction things like that - how should Arena Junkies do it?

#62 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

the whole idea that only ppl who can get the ratings to earn junkie status is capable of posting quality information is really retarded elitism anyways.

and like the guy who pm'd sykes pointed out, the bigger rating req (2200+) is causing this forum to ignore 95% of the playerbase.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#63 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Made a poll: http://www.arenajunk...t-arenajunkies/

#64 Pradafiend

Pradafiend
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1904

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PostCovlol, on 28 March 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

the whole idea that only ppl who can get the ratings to earn junkie status is capable of posting quality information is really retarded elitism anyways.

2200 isn't too much to ask for. If the playerbase can't even get that, they shouldn't be allowed to post.

#65 Dylon187

Dylon187
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

dont have a problem with you guys doing your job.. just sayin I lost my glad titles... pretty sure I had season 3&7 on my profile now they're gone... thats all I gotta say about that.

#66 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostWildeHilde, on 28 March 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

I think these 2 threads in combination should continue to yield more than they already have.  Nice.

bk said:

I used to beat off alot, and fail all my classes

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

View PostTw1zle, on 07 August 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

i wasnt aware that america was a country

i guess we learn things every day

#67 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostNecrolina, on 28 March 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

Baffles me to this day how you can derail virtually any topic to complain about boosters. Either get rid of that "content editor" title or take a bloody hint and understand that these comments of yours are getting extremely tedious and are also quite annoying.

He's responding to the people in this thread specifically that have explicitly mentioned boosting.

bk said:

Insight said:

I figured he's a phony but I was secretly hoping to get pounded by someone famous.

#68 Noname

Noname

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

View PostNecrolina, on 28 March 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

Because your empty accusations make my points void, right?

Well since you in fact were in Lewisyo's team your so called points aren't exactly valued that high. It does not look that promising that you would oppose the ruling of banning wintraders/ddosers either does it?

I couldn't care less though :P I played this game from vanilla until season 9 and I never once got accused of cheating in any way. Probably because I always refused to play with people willing to bend the rules for a title. I've always prefered to play with people who understands that WoW is a game and nothing else. Try it.

Edit* And yeah, to keep somewhat relevant to topic even though I couldn't find any question formulation, I'd like to see threads which does not root in any discussion get deleted more often.

Edited by Noname, 28 March 2013 - 12:56 PM.

Posted Image

Three econometricians went out hunting, and came across a large deer. The first econometrician fired, but missed, by a meter to the left. The second econometrician fired, but also missed, by a meter to the right. The third econometrician didn't fire, but shouted in triumph, "We got it! We got it!"

#69 Kreeds

Kreeds
  • Kreeds
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

infracted

Edited by Pawzz, 28 March 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#70 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

View PostKreeds, on 28 March 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

When people like pigpojke stream, they have a fucking banners advertising the boosts you downer LOL.

Jesus can you people write 1 sentence without insultung someone.

#71 Hotted

Hotted
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2295
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 28 March 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

The problem with banning people for reasons outside of anything done on AJ directly is that there is no way for a moderator to make sure the claims are right. While probably everyone around PvP that doesn't sell or buy boosts is against it's nothing a AJ moderator can easily figure out.

What should be banned is anyone advertising these boosts on AJ and maybe ban streams that do boosting adds.

But as some of the most popular streamers (Reckful for example) make cash for advertising boosting sites it's a tough decision to make.

Look at Reckful as example. Blizzard invites him to commentate the BlizzCon despite the fact that he advertises for a boosting site on his stream. If Blizzard doesn't sanction things like that - how should Arena Junkies do it?
He started advertising boosting after the Invitational
Spoiler

Posted Image
Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hotted89
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hotted89
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hotted89
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/hotted89

#72 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationAustria

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostHotted, on 28 March 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

He started advertising boosting after the Invitational
It is indeed sad that players advertise boosts, but there are no other sponsors in wow, and everybody knows, most people dont care what they advertise for as long as they get paid.

#73 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

View PostNecrolina, on 28 March 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

Baffles me to this day how you can derail virtually any topic to complain about boosters. Either get rid of that "content editor" title or take a bloody hint and understand that these comments of yours are getting extremely tedious and are also quite annoying.

edit: Brilliant poll! Let's have a topic where hundreds of players can speak their minds regarding ddosers and boosters while you handpick an army of moderators to go through all of the "evidence" presented. Do you even look through the crap you are posting?

They aren't annoying me at all. Wondering why.

#74 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

View PostPradafiend, on 28 March 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

2200 isn't too much to ask for. If the playerbase can't even get that, they shouldn't be allowed to post.

its already been shown that 95% of the player base of this game can not reach those ratings, so we should be excluding the mass majority of ppl who play this game?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#75 Pradafiend

Pradafiend
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1904

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostCovlol, on 28 March 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

its already been shown that 95% of the player base of this game can not reach those ratings, so we should be excluding the mass majority of ppl who play this game?

Posted Image

#76 Necrolina

Necrolina
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2313

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostGrieverZ, on 28 March 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

They aren't annoying me at all. Wondering why.

Well, mostly because it's been going on for ages and he has been called out on his anti-boosting propaganda multiple times by numerous multir1 / tournament players. I mean, I get it - WoW without all that jazz would likely be a better game, but you can't change it now and you surely can't expect the best players to pass up on an opportunity to earn serious cash while playing their favorite game.

#77 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Keep in mind, there is a very simple way for many of you to help improve the forums. Through human nature, people tend to imitate one another. Players browsing the forums and seeing memes and jokes everywhere will tend to develop that style of posting in their own posts. To improve the site, simply be active on the forums in a positive manner. You want players to mimic YOUR posts when you post useful content or respond properly to players asking questions. Even if you aren't a moderator or helping with reports - you can help to improve Arenajunkies.

#78 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:46 AM

Right now, I believe a new administrator has been added or will be added within the next few days to help alleviate some of the issues that only administration level users can address.  Hopefully that will help with some of the issues addressed in this thread.

bk said:

Insight said:

#79 Sykeasaurus

Sykeasaurus
  • Moderators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

And I do believe he plays WoW actively, still.

bk said:

Insight said:

#80 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostSykeasaurus, on 02 April 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

And I do believe he plays WoW actively, still.
He even streams 24/7 :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<