DPS to team up with spriest for 2v2?

spriest unholy dk 2v2 arena armswarr

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BVFortuitus

BVFortuitus
  • Members

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

I'm trying to get into this season, primarily by playing 2v2, because I don't really have any rating to brag about in the trade channel. I'm playing resto shaman+arms warrior with my brother right now, but we aren't really feeling the viability, to be honest, we've played ~70 games and we're 1600 rating, as we implode whenever we get against certain compositions.

That's not really relevant, as I've decided to reroll spriest. I know(/think) that rogue+spriest is really good, but it seems my brother suffers from permanent ressurection sickness whenever he plays his rogue.

To sum up: What 2v2 comps are viable, with either an spriest or resto shaman?
We considered unholy DK, but none of us has a lot of knowledge on the pvp scene at the moment.

Thanks a lot,

BV

#2 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

Good double dps 2s comps that include an spriest would be Rogue/Spriest, Mage/Spriest, Ele/Spriest, Boomkin/Spriest. I'm sure that some others are good but those are the ones I've seen.

RSham/DPS 2s games will tend to last a lot longer, many even reaching the time limit of 25 minutes, but some comps that work (off the top of my head) are RSham/Spriest, RSham/Warrior, and RSham/DK.

Edited by Synkz, 28 March 2013 - 03:07 AM.

#3 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Resto shaman / warrior is a very viable comp. You should be able to do well with it. If the warrior doesn't have T2 it will be harder, but that shouldn't be an issue by next week if you have capped your points each week. If your warrior would like some advise on how to do pressure I would be happy to help.

I don't understand why he has ressurection sickness? Don't enter the arena with ressurection sickness as you will instant lose. Wait until it wares off and don't res at the graveyard.

Edit: 70 games isn't a lot of games really...and you shouldn't expect to get super high rated very early on. I have faced Rank 1 glads at 1800 mmr in 2v2... I often play at 1500-1600 mmr and I'm a fully geared 2250 exp warrior (I know that's not super high rating). In 2v2 high rated players tend to be at low ranges because they don't care about 2v2 and just use it to cap conquest points quickly. 3v3 is more balanced and you will face less counter comps.

Edited by ardnut, 28 March 2013 - 11:37 AM.

* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#4 BVFortuitus

BVFortuitus
  • Members

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

I don't understand why he has ressurection sickness? Don't enter the arena with ressurection sickness as you will instant lose. Wait until it wares off and don't res at the graveyard.

The ressurrection sickness part was meant as a joke, because he's bad at playing rogue and does no damage ;)

Thanks for the tips, everyone!

#5 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

The ressurrection sickness part was meant as a joke, because he's bad at playing rogue and does no damage ;)

Thanks for the tips, everyone!

DOH
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spriest, unholy dk, 2v2, arena, armswarr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<