• US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fire 1/1/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 1785

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

I'm curious how everyone else feels about the Deathknight ability:

Gorefiend's Grasp
30 yard range, instant, 1 minute cooldown
Shadowy tendrils coil around all enemies within 20 yards of a target (hostile or friendly), pulling them to the target's location.
  • Do you think Blizzard intended it to be such a powerful tool in RBG's?
  • Do you think it is a balanced ability when you couple it in with other various forms of cleave damage and unavoidable CC?
  • Do you think it is fine and other abilities need to be adjusted?
  • How do you recover or avoid the mass AoE onslaught? A 20 yard radius encompasses practically every classes range of abilities from a central location.

#2 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

beam is getting nerfed, vortex is probably the only problem

there are so many tools to counter this anyway like aura mastery and freedom totem

Edited by flannelsoff, 27 March 2013 - 10:16 PM.

#3 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

View Postflannelsoff, on 27 March 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

there are so many tools to counter this anyway like aura mastery and freedom totem

This man, very wise.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

View PostBloobungle, on 27 March 2013 - 10:05 PM, said:

I'm curious how everyone else feels about the Deathknight ability:

Gorefiend's Grasp
30 yard range, instant, 1 minute cooldown
Shadowy tendrils coil around all enemies within 20 yards of a target (hostile or friendly), pulling them to the target's location.
  • Do you think Blizzard intended it to be such a powerful tool in RBG's?
  • Do you think it is a balanced ability when you couple it in with other various forms of cleave damage and unavoidable CC?
  • Do you think it is fine and other abilities need to be adjusted?

Do you think blizzard intended KFC to be so good in arena?

same thing...

Edited by Zerlog, 28 March 2013 - 01:23 AM.

#5 Bloobungle

Bloobungle
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fire 1/1/0/2/1/2
  • RBG: 1785

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:06 PM

View Postflannelsoff, on 27 March 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

So the idea is to have one Shaman on your team to throw down a Windwalk Totem, and then one Paladin on your team to use Devotion Aura? As far as I know, a Paladin cannot cast Devotion Aura if they are within the  Solar Beam unless they use Divine Shield.

What would you suggest teams do that don't have the luxury of playing with both a Paladin and Shaman? What about when these spells are on cooldown? Devotion Aura is a 3 minute cooldown. Divine Shield is a 5 minute cooldown. I suppose they can reduce it to 2.5 minutes if they use 50 charges of Holy Power in a 2.5 minute window with the talent, Unbreakable Spirit.

Let's say your team eats an AOE stun as soon as they are gripped. What then?

Edited by Bloobungle, 28 March 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#6 samppax

samppax
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2083
  • 3v3: 2375
  • RBG: 1909

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

View PostZerlog, on 27 March 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

Do you think blizzard intended KFC to be so good in arena?

same thing...
just can be in same line

#7 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

I feel RBGs have suffered because of the Ring of Frost, Gorefiend's Grasp Vortex Beam combo for as soon as it was recognized. With all the abiltiies added that knock your character around... battlegrounds have become a giant mess. Joining an RBG queue without multiple classes that control space or do high AoE damage is asking to lose. I don't feel like Gorefiend's Grasp is an issue, but I think the boomkin utility part of it is the problem. If you remove all of that druid utility from the equation the ability seems more or less useless outside of grouping everyone up in a ring, a nova, or for some heavy lock damage or possibly a bladestorm. The Slow + silence + dragback from the vortex beam is the biggest concern. Vortex is interesting on paper, but I'm not sure they realized how long it takes to navigate your character out of it. Simply removing the slow from vortex and giving it a cast time would fix the issue.

#8 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

View PostBloobungle, on 28 March 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

So the idea is to have one Shaman on your team to throw down a Windwalk Totem, and then one Paladin on your team to use Devotion Aura? As far as I know, a Paladin cannot cast Devotion Aura if they are within the  Solar Beam unless they use Divine Shield.

What would you suggest teams do that don't have the luxury of playing with both a Paladin and Shaman? What about when these spells are on cooldown? Devotion Aura is a 3 minute cooldown. Divine Shield is a 5 minute cooldown. I suppose they can reduce it to 2.5 minutes if they use 50 charges of Holy Power in a 2.5 minute window with the talent, Unbreakable Spirit.

Let's say your team eats an AOE stun as soon as they are gripped. What then?
paladins can aura mastery while beamed, teams can spread out, people can cc moonkins and death knights when the obvious grip beam is going to happen

ive seen tons of shamans pre healing tide beams and what not

#9 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

View Postflannelsoff, on 28 March 2013 - 09:21 PM, said:

paladins can aura mastery while beamed, teams can spread out, people can cc moonkins and death knights when the obvious grip beam is going to happen

ive seen tons of shamans pre healing tide beams and what not

You're forgetting that all of this is instant cast and that the DK have AMS and boomkins have cloak of shadows or AMS. Stopping them from doing a combo that takes 2 seconds to pull off isn't exactly obvious or easy. There are plenty of maps where close encounters are required. Flagroom fights in WSG/TP. Mine Cart fights. EotS mid fight. You can't exactly spread out to avoid the combo in many situations. Additionally, it's not like you need to capture the whole team. Grabbing even just 2 healers and a couple casters is enough to turn a fight your way. Having to pre-healing tide beams and stop 2 players from doing an instant combo is not what RBGs is about.

#10 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostTalbadar, on 28 March 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

You're forgetting that all of this is instant cast and that the DK have AMS and boomkins have cloak of shadows or AMS. Stopping them from doing a combo that takes 2 seconds to pull off isn't exactly obvious or easy. There are plenty of maps where close encounters are required. Flagroom fights in WSG/TP. Mine Cart fights. EotS mid fight. You can't exactly spread out to avoid the combo in many situations. Additionally, it's not like you need to capture the whole team. Grabbing even just 2 healers and a couple casters is enough to turn a fight your way. Having to pre-healing tide beams and stop 2 players from doing an instant combo is not what RBGs is about.
Yeah I could agree on this, I don't think the problem revolves around aoe grip like the op said. The major problem is with the introduction of mop almost every class has 10x the amount of defensive and offensive cooldowns and without things like aoe grip ring etc nothing would ever die in rbgs especially with the removal of lust. I do agree though, some things need reworking like vortex

#11 Unseenz

Unseenz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1
  • RBG: 2314
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

View Postflannelsoff, on 28 March 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

without things like aoe grip ring etc nothing would ever die in rbgs especially with the removal of lust.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<