• Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/1/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1972

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

Not gonna write a novel of any sort, just slinging an idea out there:

"Racial Traits"
- Grants you the traits of an orc, making you less prone to stun effects, increasing your skills with fists and axes and granting the use of Blood Fury.

- Grants you the traits of the Forsaken bla bla bla.

- Bla bla bla every other racial too.

??
Could function like a glyph? Theres a nice little slot at the middle of the Glyph page, perfectly fit for it :D

Any thoughts? Or is this completely retarded?
Would bring a lot of diversity to the game to be able to swap our racials without having to fucking spend 15 euros or w/e it is. Would be a nice way to counter-spec different setups too.
Did you know I pmuch played with Jballer? That pmuch makes me famous. He pmuch even said I'm pmuch a legit contender for R1, I'm pmuch already famous before I even got my first 1#.
Peace Heaumes, yoloOnce ;-) :$

#2 Ickz

Ickz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Brewmaster 0/0/0/2/0/1

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:41 AM

It's a solid idea - been suggested many times before. Will Blizz ever do it? Probably not. Gotta keep dat paid race change $$ flowing.

#3 McMick1137

McMick1137
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:48 AM

Idk, is it really that much they make from paid services? I mean, i've spend my fair share on them but idk if everyone else is as retarded as me. I would really like to see a system in this sort go through, it would heighten the skill-cap, increase game diversity even in mirrors etc. I could easily see comps that get stomped by PHD suddenly turn it around or atleast stand a chance because they can go from having Undead racial to maybe Stoneform/draenei heal or w/e.
Hell it would probably give people more incentive to keep playing one class instead of toying around with all the classes.
The one thing I love about Tournament realm is being able to play whatever race I want without feeling guilty for raping my credit card.
Did you know I pmuch played with Jballer? That pmuch makes me famous. He pmuch even said I'm pmuch a legit contender for R1, I'm pmuch already famous before I even got my first 1#.

#4 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

I like the idea, I suppose you mean something like this:

Posted Image

Say for example you use "Glyph of the Forsaken", you get their racials.

There should obviously be some requirements (else roleplayers will go mental), like say to buy the glyph you need to be exalted with Undercity?

Edited by Hyuru, 27 March 2013 - 11:25 AM.

Posted Image

#5 ApplejackxD

ApplejackxD
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

I don't like the idea of changing/removing the racial abilitys, it's a nice feature to be able to choose which racial you want. For example when you play priest and you choose whether you want shadowmeld or double trinkets, or wotf or war stomp. I like the racials and I may be a bit of a roleplayer but I don't like the idea of them being changed.

I am aware of that I am not presenting any valid arguments, just writing down my opinions.
Posted Image

#6 Gekz

Gekz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1734
  • 3v3: 2602
  • RBG: 2036

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Good idea, also the racials should be limited to what your class can be race wise, else seeing shamans with totemic restoration and will of the forsaken would be aids.

#7 McMick1137

McMick1137
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

@Hyuru, thats exactly what I had in mind!

Whether or not you should be able to use racials of a race your class cant be is up for debate i'd say. Maybe it's not such a bad idea, I imagine Rdruids being much more viable if they had WotF :P

#8 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

I don't think there is any chance that they will implement this.  Although it would be nice.  You might have a chance of getting racials removed from arena but it would be a very slim one.

I think racials are here to stay unfortunately :(
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#9 McMick1137

McMick1137
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

View Postardnut, on 27 March 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

I don't think there is any chance that they will implement this.  Although it would be nice.  You might have a chance of getting racials removed from arena but it would be a very slim one.

I think racials are here to stay unfortunately :(

Racials SHOULD stay? I dont see why people would want them gone, it would only dumb down the game even more. Racials can be very strong in the hands of a good player and not so strong with a bad one, it's definitely noticeable when someone plays around them properly and its not like it impacts the outcome much, but now and then it's a game changer which is really needed for a game that has already gone down in pace a lot.

Just let everyone swap their racials around and actually pick their race for cosmetics.

#10 Cakesz

Cakesz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/0/.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

It would be a balance nightmare to be honest.

It would have to have class restrictions (imagine every Shaman having WotF for example), and then you have the question of when you could actually change it, the idea of it being like a glyph, suggests being able to change racial in the prep room in Arena, "Oh we're against a Priest team, everyone take WotF", "Oh it's a Mage, you melee take Escape Artist, I'll take Shadow Meld." All Mages taking Berserking and stacking it with Icy Veins and so on.

The idea in theory is good, I'm kinda sick of playing races I don't enjoy for racials (thank god for tMorph at least), but in reality I think it's a bit more complex, I just doubt it would be good for balance.

Edited by Cakesz, 27 March 2013 - 02:41 PM.

#11 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

They don't have to remove racials, just disable them in arena.

#12 McMick1137

McMick1137
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostCakesz, on 27 March 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

It would be a balance nightmare to be honest.

It would have to have class restrictions (imagine every Shaman having WotF for example), and then you have the question of when you could actually change it, the idea of it being like a glyph, suggests being able to change racial in the prep room in Arena, "Oh we're against a Priest team, everyone take WotF", "Oh it's a Mage, you melee take Escape Artist, I'll take Shadow Meld." All Mages taking Berserking and stacking it with Icy Veins and so on.

The idea in theory is good, I'm kinda sick of playing races I don't enjoy for racials (thank god for tMorph at least), but in reality I think it's a bit more complex, I just doubt it would be good for balance.

Its not like that WotF wouldnt come at the expense of something else (stun reduction, draenei racial, etc). Or Escape Artist/Meld.
It would be impossible to fear a shaman if they did implement it without fixing totemic restoration (Really dislike that talent, its such a sad excuse for a talent, seems to me like they couldnt think of a 3rd talent in that row and just threw some random shit in there).
But yeah, imagine the skill-cap there'd suddenly be, not only among classes but races too. Knowing what and when to use the different racials would probably allow pretty interesting gameplay.

A little side note: i'd find it really funny to see a Forsaken war stomp.

#13 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

The game has already enough fear breaks/immunities, cba dealing with humans getting wotf.
Also, homogenization they did this expansion is already bad as it is.

#14 Artofmage

Artofmage
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2436

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

View PostMcMick1137, on 27 March 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

Its not like that WotF wouldnt come at the expense of something else (stun reduction, draenei racial, etc). Or Escape Artist/Meld.
It would be impossible to fear a shaman if they did implement it without fixing totemic restoration (Really dislike that talent, its such a sad excuse for a talent, seems to me like they couldnt think of a 3rd talent in that row and just threw some random shit in there).
But yeah, imagine the skill-cap there'd suddenly be, not only among classes but races too. Knowing what and when to use the different racials would probably allow pretty interesting gameplay.

A little side note: i'd find it really funny to see a Forsaken war stomp.
its not interesting gameplay tbh, its more like ok we can fuck them up using that , using this. I liked ur idea , but im a fan of racials too and i wouldn't like this to go live :(

#15 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

id rather just see racials removed

#16 a1entity

a1entity
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

Not a bad idea if a class can choose racial based on what avail to his class now, meaning shaman cannot choose forsaken etc.

However giving forsaken to pallies will help them in arena.

#17 yowzah

yowzah
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/0/0/1/1

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostMcMick1137, on 27 March 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

Racials SHOULD stay? I dont see why people would want them gone, it would only dumb down the game even more. Racials can be very strong in the hands of a good player and not so strong with a bad one, it's definitely noticeable when someone plays around them properly and its not like it impacts the outcome much, but now and then it's a game changer which is really needed for a game that has already gone down in pace a lot.

Just let everyone swap their racials around and actually pick their race for cosmetics.

I understand where you're coming from but I think what people are having a problem with is that humans racial is superior since it allows the option to run with two damage or healing trinkets, that is a superior racial for the alliance side and it is way better than all other alliance racials, according to some.

I also want the racials in the game because I agree with what you said; it would dumb down the game even more which is something people don't like either but it would at the same time make arena slightly more balanced. My opinion is that races own the right to be different just like classes differ from one another not only by abilitys but also looks, some classes wear plate, some cloth etc. I think races should be different as well in both abilities and looks. It's a tough question!

#18 McMick1137

McMick1137
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

I really dont get the "Ok im up against X i'll pick X racial and completely counter them",  such thing is rarely the case, racials are nothing but minor tweaks for your class. And its not like you wont be able to do the exact same thing, you'll both try to counter eachother a bit harder with racials and end up with a faster paced game. Something WoW seriously lacks nowadays. It feels like such a drain fest in 8 of 10 games :/

#19 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1910

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Why not remove racials altogether? Keep the non-combat ones to give races some flavor and minor advantages like the Human's rep bonus or Forsaken's Canibalism but anything giving a combat advantage should be removed, wich means EMFH, WoTF, Arcane Torrent, Blood Fury, Berserking, etc.

Is actually being able to chose your race based around lore, skin, voice acting, animations etc in an RPG without being at a disadvantage that much to ask?

#20 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

Arenas and RBGs are where racials should be disabled.  This is a competitive setting where "skill" and coordination should matter.  

Keep these silly racials in world pvp and raiding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<