27 replies to this topic

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

every sticky in mage forum is outdated.. like would be good to see what ppl think about the Bis pvp gear and such for mages this season, haste mastery crit gear as mage/x/x etc, anyone share the interest?

#2 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

if anyone does do anything ..

Reforge lite - this addon is amazingggggg for stats you pretty much just set it for hit -> mastery -> haste -> crit or whatever you choose for your stats and it finds the perfect hit then dedicates every number to being as efficient as possible with out you sitting there second guessing if you're getting the best possible stats out of your gear.

(for those who dont know about it ^^^)
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

View Postkannetixx, on 27 March 2013 - 10:30 PM, said:

if anyone does do anything ..

Reforge lite - this addon is amazingggggg for stats you pretty much just set it for hit -> mastery -> haste -> crit or whatever you choose for your stats and it finds the perfect hit then dedicates every number to being as efficient as possible with out you sitting there second guessing if you're getting the best possible stats out of your gear.

(for those who dont know about it ^^^)

yy been using it since S9, when it was highlighted on mmo-champ

#4 Execx

Execx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1560
  • 3v3: 2608
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1752

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

I've found that the 30% mastery and 12% haste thresholds are really nice for mages atm so if you use those as a base and go up from there things only get good as frost. My ally mage is like 12% haste 30% mastery 55% power and 68% resi while my horde mage is 14.50% haste 30% mastery 50% power and 68% resi.

Gemming is pretty standard for most mages it feels like: Burning meta, Red = Willful Vermillion, Yellow = Mystic Sun, Blue = Vivid Alexandrite, Prismatic = Mystic Sun/Stormy River's (Rbg's or if you're not getting sat).

I've theorycrafted a lot about the upcoming pve gear but for once I cbf getting it. It wont give you THAT much of an edge (we're talking maybe 200 max pvp power for getting heroic thunderforged gear and socketing w/ stormy (pvp power gems) in the extra socket jewelry).

I'm just starting to learn to play fire properly and if anyone can give me any insight as to why/what proper stats look like that'd be awesome, I get that crit is an awesome stat and all but it seems that between getting cc'd for years and all that fun stuff you're relying on luck anyways to proc pyros outside of nova's 10%+ haste feels nice but curious what other more experienced fire mages think.

Edited by Execx, 28 March 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#5 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

exec do you know what the cap values are for each? the 30% and 12%?

I have been slightly afraid to gem anything other than resil lately .. ran into a PHD that made me question my sanity i am pretty curious about fire to i get the basics about it but every time i play it i feel as if its really clunky for me

Edited by kannetixx, 28 March 2013 - 10:29 PM.

US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

View Postkannetixx, on 28 March 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

I have been slightly afraid to gem anything other than resil lately .. ran into a PHD that made me question my sanity i am pretty curious about fire to i get the basics about it but every time i play it i feel as if its really clunky for me

fire has no slowfall protection so you get purged by Dks spamming rotation and hunters.

anyone who can make a chardev nether tempest and one frost bomb with reforge and gems with the new gear? would be awesome (Not elite gear just normal for now) since 27k conquest is like 5weeks away atleast

#7 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

ill hop on ptr later and  see what i can do with the normal gear if i have time
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

#8 Manath

Manath
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aman'Thul
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 1802

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

did anyone figure out if its worth to gem intellect while using flameglow, since it scales with int?

and can someone explain the 30% mastery/12% haste thing?

Edited by Manath, 29 March 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#9 Saikx

Saikx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arcane 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2137
  • 3v3: 2624
  • RBG: 2184

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

View PostManath, on 29 March 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

did anyone figure out if its worth to gem intellect while using flameglow, since it scales with int?

and can someone explain the 30% mastery/12% haste thing?

Don't know about the intellect thing, but with 30% mastery and 12% haste he just means that it seems to be a "sweet" spot for mages atm, so that it does work well with these stats.

I myself don't give a shit though and just go full haste, so I am at 28,xx% Mastery and 14,xx% haste.

Posted Image

Visit my stream: http://www.twitch.tv/saikx

#10 Execx

Execx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1560
  • 3v3: 2608
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1752

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

View Postkannetixx, on 28 March 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

If you're talking about the raw number for reforgelite it's:
2040 <= Hit (6% even)
4200+ mastery (30% even)
5100+ haste (12% even)

As horde I'm going more haste cause the 30% mastery is so easy to get w/ medallion
As human I'm going for more mastery for lack of medallion

#11 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

View PostSaikx, on 29 March 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

Don't know about the intellect thing, but with 30% mastery and 12% haste he just means that it seems to be a "sweet" spot for mages atm, so that it does work well with these stats.

I myself don't give a shit though and just go full haste, so I am at 28,xx% Mastery and 14,xx% haste.

I also go full haste, 320 haste gems in every socket, 30% haste with ice armor up, passive bloodlust is godly.

I've actually done quite a lot of sims using my gear on simcraft and helter skelter type fight, with all the different variations of frost spec, and haste always comes out as the top damage, over PvP power and Int as well, close to ~7% higher with my gear.

And playing with it is just amazing, ~1.2ish second sheeps with no cd's up, close to 1.5s frostbolts, frost bombs explode and come back up very very quick, on top of having a pmuch 1s cast time, same for frost jaw.  And the globals are insanely fast.  With icy veins and my herbalism profession spell up i have almost 70% haste, its really really crazy, and really really awesome.

edit:  especially with the new changes coming to resil, i think this is definitely the way to go.

Edited by hairpiece, 29 March 2013 - 09:51 AM.

#12 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

View PostZerlog, on 28 March 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

anyone who can make a chardev nether tempest and one frost bomb with reforge and gems with the new gear? would be awesome (Not elite gear just normal for now) since 27k conquest is like 5weeks away atleast
elite gear was removed

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 29 March 2013 - 09:58 AM.

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#13 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

View PostDizzeeyo, on 29 March 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

elite gear was removed

wait what do you mean elite gear was  removed? ...
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

#14 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

View Postkannetixx, on 29 March 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

wait what do you mean elite gear was  removed? ...
well can u imagine the whine of the 90% of people who dont even read patch notes if they got to 25k conquest and then got their gear nerfed a week later? plus the patch will be out in around a month, and elite 512 gear has stopped appearing on the bmah since the first week, so i think its safe to conclude they will not be releasing 512 ilvl pvp gear only to nerf it a week or two later

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#15 Ermurazorqt

Ermurazorqt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

I find it weird how most fire mages seem to go for Hit > Crit tbh. With fireblast 100% giving pyro procc and shatter multiplying your crit + 50% and normally even without reforging or going all out crit you get atleast 11% crit + 5% from int buff and 5% from molten armor vs melee teams. that means you usually have atleast ~16% crit and then + shatter = 82% which is for me good enough. I Feel like fire mages should instead go mastery or haste,

Would be nice to see some comparison of frost bomb with full mastery itemization vs nether tempest with haste itemization, i'm personally tempted to try out full out mastery again with frost bomb.

#16 Spinmove

Spinmove

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

I try to reforge everything to mastery over haste, but I don't reforge haste to mastery if there is an option for it. I think I'm sitting at around 31% mastery with 11% haste, give or take a few tenths of a percent.

However, I've veered away from gearing full resil and am sitting at around 57% pvp power. I like the damage I'm able to put out and I don't see it causing an issue in survivability.
Posted Image

#17 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

View PostErmurazorqt, on 29 March 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

I find it weird how most fire mages seem to go for Hit > Crit tbh. With fireblast 100% giving pyro procc and shatter multiplying your crit + 50% and normally even without reforging or going all out crit you get atleast 11% crit + 5% from int buff and 5% from molten armor vs melee teams. that means you usually have atleast ~16% crit and then + shatter = 82% which is for me good enough. I Feel like fire mages should instead go mastery or haste,

Would be nice to see some comparison of frost bomb with full mastery itemization vs nether tempest with haste itemization, i'm personally tempted to try out full out mastery again with frost bomb.
before they gave fire mages scorch most people were doing that, reforging full haste for the shortest possible globals and mastery as a secondary stat since crit was almost useless, how you reforge now depends on how much you use scorch as opposed to playing the spec just as you did before this patch

people also need to move away from viewing bomb as needing mastery and nether tempest/living bomb as needing haste, both stats are good for both  and you should play with what you prefer. personally i prefer haste so i will always go haste mastery unless haste becomes as shit as it was it cata, but if i wasnt so attached to having faster casts i could very easily drop to around 10%-11% haste and gain some mastery like people in this thread are saying.

as for gemming something other then resilience, after eating a 190k powershot crit into a 82k killshot crit from a hunter yesterday i dont think ill be switching out any resilience gems any time soon :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 29 March 2013 - 05:33 PM.

#18 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

im still running close to 63% resil gemming full haste, i guess i've just gotten used to playing with it, but the damage i take isn't that bad, or at least it doesn't seem that bad.  It did take some big adjustments at first though.  However, having a near 1s GCD is just too good for me to pass up, as the only expansion i really enjoyed my mage in was wrath.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 30 March 2013 - 12:08 AM, said:

im still running close to 63% resil gemming full haste, i guess i've just gotten used to playing with it, but the damage i take isn't that bad, or at least it doesn't seem that bad.  It did take some big adjustments at first though.  However, having a near 1s GCD is just too good for me to pass up, as the only expansion i really enjoyed my mage in was wrath.

63% resi vs thug/rmp/kfc/jungle/turbo/phd is not a gooooood choice

#20 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

View PostZerlog, on 30 March 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

63% resi vs thug/rmp/kfc/jungle/turbo/phd is not a gooooood choice

i come across more wizard cleaves than i do melee cleaves, and tbh, the melee cleaves i do come up against, the extra 5% resil or so, i really don't notice much of a difference.  I actually feel more comfortable with the haste cause i know when to play agressive and such, i haven't gotten globaled yet.  I've been playing with temp shield and ice ward a lot and i really haven't had a problem dying to melee cleaves,most of them give up after awhile, even with 63% resil.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<