• Curse Sites
Help

Teamates getting discouraged too easily.

WoW Arena 3s

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:12 PM

:priest: :hunter: :rogue:  godcomp

#22 Angelce

Angelce
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1994
  • 3v3: 2329
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationMacedonia.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

It rly depends on the comb you are playing,and the teams that you are facing. Some combs will have almost 0% chance to win against other combs.

That's the problem with dead BG's aswell,it's like,you are either farming one team or one team is farming you.Stuff like this will really affect morale,so I'd say just don't care for ratings at all,just simply don't look at it,it can discrourage your team very easily and bring you down even more (I'm having the same problem as this btw).Just enjoy the time you are spending with your team mates and try to improve as a team,and you might see yourselves climbing up the ladder fast.

#23 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

You can always improve in this game if you keep playing together and putting thought into what went wrong after the games. It actually is impossible not to improve unless you got some really stubborn people. So keep queuing , fraps games, ask comp advice on AJ etc and see where it takes you.(I personally don't have that dedication anymore)

That said, if the rank 1 team is say at 2500 atm, you can set your goal to 2350 but it might be a situation where it requires awful amount of work with your current team if you hit the wall at 1900 or 2k.You'll have to try to improve to see if that's the case. I think that's one of the reasons why people either play with people they have fun playing with and don't care about rating or try another team immediately once they get stuck because usually when you play a few sessions you know that you either have synergy or not and they don't wanna put too much time/effort into it.

I solved this problem by making two characters of the same class, I play with friends on one of them.
Let us know how it works out, best of luck.

Edited by Djandawg, 24 March 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#24 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

first world nerd problems

#25 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

First of all, I feel like telling him that him and his teammates should not care about rating and just play for fun is not helpful. Everybody wants to feel like they're doing well and being competitive and it takes a very special mindset to not care at all about your rating and how successful your team is. If they care, it's going to be really hard to stop them from caring. I think having a goal is a good thing, but it takes motivation to get to that goal.

Throughout the years I've been asked questions from players about how to improve and what they should be doing. Just by the wording I can detect how motivated they actually are. There are clear signs that someone has hit a wall they refuse to try to break down. For instance, I've seen tons of questions worded like this: (this was a question I received last week)

"yo talb ;d we playing same comp as u atm iam full t2 on my sp but mates are just t1 upgraded so we have hit a 2k wall we think is due to everyone having t2 atm!! esp vs KFC (still) and also alot of trouble vs shadowcleave (dk affi) how u think we can counter these or u think its just a gear problem we aint losing that much to skill imo but say KFC on zoo sham dies even if i root all pets lol and vs dk affi he just aint dispelling enough imo but cant tell him this any help would be great man keep up the good work ill be donating when i get payed next week :D"

I replied with this.

"I would first try to change your perception of the situation. Ignore the fact that you guys are missing tier 2 weapons because you'll end up scapegoating yourselves with that instead of looking for ways to improve. Also, try to look mostly at what you could be doing better instead of your partners. Blame game doesn't help you get any higher! You can try going body and soul to help your shaman escape if he's being tunneled. Maybe it's worth using double death grip on the warrior when he's connecting so that he has no way of getting back. If you are ever stabalized vs the comp (aka you just used a major cooldown or they ran out of pressure) you need to make a swap to the healer with asphyx into silence. Land that a couple times and you'll win. DKLS I would watch our vods against that comp that we played yesterday."

Basically, unmotivated players immediately look towards disadvantages they have when they lose instead of looking into what they could have done better themselves. Try to get your teammates out of the disadvantaged mindset and more into the improving their own play mindset. If players are not on the same level of motivation as you or have short-winded motivation then it's time to look for new partners. I think motivation is much more of a factor in finding proper teammates than experience is.

#26 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

View PostTalbadar, on 24 March 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

First of all, I feel like telling him that him and his teammates should not care about rating and just play for fun is not helpful. Everybody wants to feel like they're doing well and being competitive and it takes a very special mindset to not care at all about your rating and how successful your team is. If they care, it's going to be really hard to stop them from caring. I think having a goal is a good thing, but it takes motivation to get to that goal.

I agree 100% with you.  To clarify my previous post, I mean that someone shouldn't become so worried about their rating that they stress out over it and it hurts their actual gameplay.  Wanting to get higher rated is a huge motivation to improving as a teammate, for sure.

I just feel like someone will have an easier time learning if they are having a good time while doing it. :D

Edited by Synkz, 24 March 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#27 Guest_Talbadar_*

Guest_Talbadar_*

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostSynkz, on 24 March 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

I agree 100% with you.  To clarify my previous post, I mean that someone shouldn't become so worried about their rating that they stress out over it and it hurts their actual gameplay.  Wanting to get higher rated is a huge motivation to improving as a teammate, for sure.

I just feel like someone will have an easier time learning if they are having a good time while doing it. :D
Wasn't directed at you, just saw a lot of posts recommending that. :P

#28 Bootzx

Bootzx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1826

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

I find going back and being able to watch your matches to see what you did well and what you could improve on is a great way to be more realistic about your ability, and helps you set goals for yourself.

#29 bakbuk

bakbuk
  • Junkies

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Imo it's 90% about the attitude during the game. Start complaining about dmg of you opponents, mistakes of your team mates = +50% to loose. Try your best to stay positive during games. Just try to think about that, your playing an arena, somehow you/ your team mate start to complain about something. The fact that he is complaining means that something is going wrong. Ok so in a situation where you should actually try to find out how to win , the team is doing exactly the opposite thing. The result of a rage during a game / QQ & no focus = lower communication on the team, how many times we all started to speak less when someone started to argue about a mistake we did? This is just a stupid example but imo it's the most important thing which determinate the result of the game.

#30 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

I'm playing thugcleave atm, altough i'm playing MM, its really not a comp issue.

Thanks for your replies tough.

#31 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

Things are going better, thanks for the replies again :).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<