#21 NiNLeX

NiNLeX
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/0/0

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Assuming this is work of the new pvp developer, things are starting to go in the direction most of arena players wanted. Definitely this change is not so black and white, seeing as how some classes / specs like to stack resilience, because they benefit from it more and they don't get that much from pvp power, the healers being the best example of this. What we could possibly see as a result of this change is healers gemming stamina.
People are definitely gonna stack more offensive stats so a major problem is going to be the amount of damage some classes are able to deal during cooldowns. I could see this promoting 3 dps, rmp or any team with lots of stackable cooldowns and CC, because being able to lockdown enemy team for  10+ seconds, makes killing any healer who is not getting peels really easy. Stats obviously have to be tweaked to make this change benefit everyone in the long term.

How I see this will make game experience more enjoyable, is that you can actually survive rather well, compared to current situation, even in questing greens / crafted pvp set, but the downside is going to be dealing damage, since you will barely have any pvp power / main stats without decent gear with sockets. So basicly the problem of getting 1-shotted is getting "fixed" (you will still die fast with low amount oh hp), but you will do even less pressure without gear. Personally I like this approach to improving the quality of life for gearing alts.

And new arenas & battlegrounds are welcome. Still waiting for arena & rbg cap getting equalized.

#22 zajklon

zajklon
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bronzebeard
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Destruction 1/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

now just make arena teams like rbg so you can teamhop without worries.

#23 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

View Postzajklon, on 23 March 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

now just make arena teams like rbg so you can teamhop without worries.
Or crossrealmable, that would be so sexy

#24 legola0

legola0
  • Members

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostDarksoldierr, on 23 March 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

Well,
  • Resilience has been removed from most PvP gear.
Resilience, it was nice knowing you.

Does it mean, u'll be obligated to play pve to get better items?

#25 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 2440
  • 3v3: 2702
  • 5v5: 2233
  • RBG: 2243
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

ignore this post

Edited by Elorxo, 23 March 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#26 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Community: Ghostcrawler, we want less gear disparity!  Ghostcrawler, we want pve gear to not give an advantage in pvp!  Ghostcrawler, we want to be able to have an equally geared offset!  Ghostcrawler, we want a way to catch up if we didn't start the season on an alt. Ghostcrawler, we want a way to prevent rating camping!

GC:  Hey guys, I just put everything you want in the game, what do you guys think?  Is it epic?

Community: ....IT SUCKS!! I can't believe you are ruining PvP with these dumb changes!!!

#27 paiku

paiku
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2291

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

even if this is not an april fool hoax (wich it probably is refering to the other changes), you still got pvp power on pvp gear wich makes it better for pvp.

Edited by paiku, 23 March 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#28 Jinngofagswag

Jinngofagswag
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2149

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

LETS DESTROY ANYONE WHO IS A MAJOR RBG FAGOT

+rep goes to charityt  and save the childrzn

#29 Kriff

Kriff
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2105

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostNiNLeX, on 23 March 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

Assuming this is work of the new pvp developer, things are starting to go in the direction most of arena players wanted. Definitely this change is not so black and white, seeing as how some classes / specs like to stack resilience, because they benefit from it more and they don't get that much from pvp power, the healers being the best example of this. What we could possibly see as a result of this change is healers gemming stamina.
People are definitely gonna stack more offensive stats so a major problem is going to be the amount of damage some classes are able to deal during cooldowns. I could see this promoting 3 dps, rmp or any team with lots of stackable cooldowns and CC, because being able to lockdown enemy team for  10+ seconds, makes killing any healer who is not getting peels really easy. Stats obviously have to be tweaked to make this change benefit everyone in the long term.

How I see this will make game experience more enjoyable, is that you can actually survive rather well, compared to current situation, even in questing greens / crafted pvp set, but the downside is going to be dealing damage, since you will barely have any pvp power / main stats without decent gear with sockets. So basicly the problem of getting 1-shotted is getting "fixed" (you will still die fast with low amount oh hp), but you will do even less pressure without gear. Personally I like this approach to improving the quality of life for gearing alts.

And new arenas & battlegrounds are welcome. Still waiting for arena & rbg cap getting equalized.

Well, this is actually a baseline resilience buff if you look at it further. It says resilience has been removed from MOST gear, meaning that some pieces will still have resil. As well, seeing that from gear alone you have <65% resil, you have more resilience with no gear and then  you will also have additional resilience from the pieces that still have the stat. Finally, they also did not say they were removing resilience gems, so I believe people will still gem resilience (at least to a point).

So all in all, people will generally have more resilience than they currently do right now. Good change imo. As for the other changes, I hope to god PVE gear does not make a reappearance in arenas. Right now I only see healers possibly gaining a benefit from it, but still, no PVE gear in arena is still best.

Also, I wish they could make it so gear gets scaled up when you join an arena so everyone has an equivalent gear level - this would promote people playing seriously on less geared toons. T2 will then only be an advantage outside of arenas, which I am completely fine with.

#30 Fob

Fob
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:39 AM

hi april fools

#31 Darksoldierr

Darksoldierr
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

The prices of any gem but resilience will skyrocket the day this patch launches
What do humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea.

#32 Conviqx

Conviqx
  • Conviq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

rofl at people who think this is an april fools thing.
http://www.twitch.tv/conviq

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

#33 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

View PostJinngofagswag, on 23 March 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

only plays double healer dk

calls other people faggots

View PostPouncedd, on 12 June 2014 - 01:51 AM, said:

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper and have looked at the numbers comparatively for almost every class

View PostJontex, on 23 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#34 Udderly

Udderly
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1918

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Holinka tweeted that all resil gems/enchants are staying in the game, so you definitely still can stack extra resil if you'd like.

#35 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

wtb arena and RBGs giving same cap as RBGs

if you are not prot war/guardian, healer or lock/mage/sp/boomie you have no spot in high rated RBGs, idk why they are pushing them so hard

at least arena allows more varierity
shut up pvp guy

#36 Eowynnz

Eowynnz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1778
  • 3v3: 2176
  • 5v5: 2242
  • RBG: 1655

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

I like the changes, but the
  • Players must make use of the looming tiger statues and fenced platforms to gain an advantagethat will bring victory and glory!
is making me a tad nervous. Makes me think we have to interact with the environment for buffs or shit like that. inb4 fire tornados n shit
twitch.tv/eowynnlol
2400+ rls/shadowplay

#37 joaq

joaq
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Assassination
  • Locationthe pits of hell

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostEowynnz, on 25 March 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

I like the changes, but the
  • Players must make use of the looming tiger statues and fenced platforms to gain an advantagethat will bring victory and glory!
is making me a tad nervous. Makes me think we have to interact with the environment for buffs or shit like that. inb4 fire tornados n shit

fenced platforms sounds kinda good unless you're a druid or elemental. knockoff elimination if you will. i think they said in a blog or somehting that they were going to address knock-offs some way

#38 aedeki

aedeki
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/0/0/1/1
  • RBG: 192

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

RIP resilience 2013 nvr forget

#39 Eltekk

Eltekk
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/0/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 2134

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

arena same cap as RBG please!

#40 Jinngofagswag

Jinngofagswag
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2149

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostJinngofagswag, on 23 March 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

pppl dont want to save childz i give em free computers so they can play dem gaimz while starvin'! LIKE ATEHEN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<