Help

huge pvp overhaul 5.3

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#81 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

View PostMirionx, on 23 March 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

I'm not a 100% sure but I think sockets are counted in ilvl, so if a item gets scaled down the socket dissapears if it drops enough in ilvl.

not the case in challenge modes which will, i assume, carry over into arena

i really hope they don't overlook this - they need to make sure that PvP power on gear outweighs any kind of sockets / trinkets.

on a side note i don't like how low the ilevel (496) will be compared to heroic pve (549?) gear for general use such as old raids/dailies etc.

Edited by Poobandit, 23 March 2013 - 01:13 PM.

twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#82 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

they should change the socket thing for both challenge modes and arena, making all items above item level 496 have the same max amount of sockets as the gear that is available at that item level.
same for challenge modes but for item level 463 then, I've been saying this forever since I'm an avid challenge mode player

#83 Nerfmytotems

Nerfmytotems
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2007

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

View PostSynkz, on 23 March 2013 - 06:03 AM, said:

Yeah, I'd guess that they would just bring the cap up to whatever ilvl they want the current season to be.  That way they give some sense of "progression" between seasons for pvpers.

i thought that too, but...that way damage would go up and defense wouldn't... unless they bring up resil with the item level increase

#84 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

View Postfant0m8, on 23 March 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

This is going to be fucking amazing. As I said in the news post, grinding for gear in a game mode that should be purely about strategy & execution, not artificial numbers on a character sheet, is IDIOTIC.

Hopefully they don't fuck up the implementation and make PVE gear better. But considering this is so early in the PTR, I have faith in the "spirit" of this change, and I expect that they will work to eliminate any loopholes before this goes live.

My only concern is that 65% is pretty low resilience, I'm already 2-3% above that in almost full honor gear. Damage will get very high if we can't have more than 65% resil.

You will still have the PvP enchant and resilience gems. Also some offpieces will probably keep a bit of resilience.

#85 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostFeliclandelo, on 23 March 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

and resilience gems

You don't know that yet, wouldn't surprise me if they removed them seeing how there's no JC only resilience gems but hybrid once only.

#86 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image

#87 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

holinka said you will still be able to gem pvp power and resilience on twitter so

#88 Alydrian

Alydrian
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2158

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

And still the ilvl of the S12 Elite shit is about 20 ilvl better than the S13 honorgear. gg
Difference between S1 and S4 was 36. gj blizzard, gj
Posted Image

#89 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Guardian 2/1/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1558
  • 3v3: 959
  • RBG: 2322
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

I'm not sure why people are excited. None of this addresses the root problems of a dying PvP player pool.

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader

http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#90 Bula

Bula
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

of cou

View PostBailamosx, on 23 March 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

I'm not sure why people are excited. None of this addresses the root problems of a dying PvP player pool.

of course it does...
fixing the game is the absolute best thing they can do to get players to return.

what do you want them to do?  give you a free sub just for queuing for arena?

#91 Jeffisnumberone

Jeffisnumberone
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationRwanda

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostOhhiimMvp, on 23 March 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Posted Image
I do indeed..
Posted ImagePosted Image

#92 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostBula, on 23 March 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

of cou

of course it does...
fixing the game is the absolute best thing they can do to get players to return.

what do you want them to do?  give you a free sub just for queuing for arena?
This change is REALLY good in terms of balance but...

I think the root of the problem is the lack of "social" aspect. Pretty much everyone loves WoW because of the memories they've made with other people.

This game has never been perfectly balanced and never will. In fact, it was pretty horribly balanced before. The reason people stick up for Pre-bc, BC, even Wotlk is not because the game had better balance, but because they had more fun.

When they added things like LFD, LFR, and made questing/dailies really boring people stopped interacting. This made servers pretty dead and how can you pvp if there's no one to pvp with? In addition, more people are rude because of this which causes a horrible community.

No one really thinks about it, but humans do have a need to communicate no matter what they do. Even if in your mind your goal is to get the best gear in the game, you're having fun interacting with the same group of people. Males are more task-oriented and that's why they  love online video games (x-box, pc, whatever.) They like to do things and compete, but at the same time they're still human and have that need to connect.

I really wish they hadn't added flying mounts, that a lone would have made BC till now much better! (esp cause the flying mount was 60% to start...)

#93 sapnoob

sapnoob
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2335
  • 3v3: 2811
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 2027

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

@holinka any new cosmetics planned for PvP? e.g. Tabards, vanity items, mounts (ground mounts for arena), etc?

Holinka@holinka
1h

@Bellefroid it appears I need to get the patch notes updated

Fuck yeah, tabards, pets, and vanity shit inc

#95 Bula

Bula
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostShrouds, on 23 March 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

This change is REALLY good in terms of balance but...

I think the root of the problem is the lack of "social" aspect. Pretty much everyone loves WoW because of the memories they've made with other people.

This game has never been perfectly balanced and never will. In fact, it was pretty horribly balanced before. The reason people stick up for Pre-bc, BC, even Wotlk is not because the game had better balance, but because they had more fun.

When they added things like LFD, LFR, and made questing/dailies really boring people stopped interacting. This made servers pretty dead and how can you pvp if there's no one to pvp with? In addition, more people are rude because of this which causes a horrible community.

No one really thinks about it, but humans do have a need to communicate no matter what they do. Even if in your mind your goal is to get the best gear in the game, you're having fun interacting with the same group of people. Males are more task-oriented and that's why they  love online video games (x-box, pc, whatever.) They like to do things and compete, but at the same time they're still human and have that need to connect.

I really wish they hadn't added flying mounts, that a lone would have made BC till now much better! (esp cause the flying mount was 60% to start...)

i think you have the ordering mixed up, people stopped interacting because servers started to have a lot less people on them.  they added stuff like LFR and LFD because the player base was already dying, these additions didn't contribute to it.

#96 inhume

inhume
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

server transfers killed this game. no more community on most realms.

#97 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

This fixes nothing.

1. Classes still way to many spammable and instant cast CC's / interrupts not to mention the amount of aoe CC. when they go through and make classes work for CC again then we can talk about Blizz fixing arena.

2. They need to do what they did for mage bombs and made the % of damage different in PVE than against a player.  i love how after 8 years they finally do it for 1 class on 3 abilities. + the one warriors have that is different.  How hard would it be to do this for the other 9 classes?  

3. Stop making stupid fucking exceptions for classes. IE Warlocks, Paladins, Priest and Druids,  where major CDs have become undispelable. Barkskin, Pain suppression, Avenging Wrath and Dark soul.  Look at mage, all of the major buffs and CDs with the exception of fingers of frost can be purged/dispelled.

4. Offensive Dispels need to go on a CD.

5. Defensive Dispels need to work as they did pre-cata. Yes i know it sounds terrible but if they overhaul the CC mechanics it would be fine.

6. Stop giving classes 2,  3 and 4 trinkets.   DKs have  Trinket - Will of the Forsaken - Lichbourne (10 sec of no cc) - Desecrated ground (another trinket and 8 sec immunity)   AMS 5 sec immunity to Caster CC. Then Icebound Fortitude breaks a stun and a 10 sec immunity ti stuns.
BM Hunter have 3 trinkets with Beastial Wrath.
THAT IS A FUCKING PROBLEM

7. Take away no skill passive abilities.  IE. Cauterize, Cheat Death, Natures Gaurdian and 2nd wind

8. DPS Classes have way to many random heals

9.  Symbiosis needs a complete reworking. (not gunna say how, because i have no idea how not to make it retarded)

All Melee with the Exception of Ret and Enhancement need their mobility toned down.

Iknow guys PVE Gear has been so broken all of MOP i know and i see how bad it has made arena, not the blatant stupidity of blizz designers giving out way top many COOL abilities...  yeah they SOUND super cool on paper but not in an arena when 8 of them can be strung together.

THIS IS THE OBAMA EFFECT IT PROMISES CHANGE AND REALLY DOES NOTHING.  

I guess yay for gearing my alts faster but this doesnt do anything in high rated arena.

Edited by Christymarie, 25 March 2013 - 03:46 AM.

#98 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

View PostChristymarie, on 23 March 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

This fixes nothing.

1. Classes still way to many spammable and instant cast CC's / interrupts not to mention the amount of aoe CC. when they go through and make classes work for CC again then we can talk about Blizz fixing arena.

2. They need to do what they did for mage bombs and made the % of damage different in PVE than against a player.  i love how after 8 years they finally do it for 1 class on 3 abilities. + the one warriors have that is different.  How hard would it be to do this for the other 9 classes?  

3. Stop making stupid fucking exceptions for classes. IE Warlocks, Paladins, Priest and Druids,  where major CDs have become undispelable. Barkskin, Pain suppression, Avenging Wrath and Dark soul.  Look at mage, all of the major buffs and CDs with the exception of fingers of frost can be purged/dispelled.

4. Offensive Dispels need to go on a CD.

5. Defensive Dispels need to work as they did pre-cata. Yes i know it sounds terrible but if they overhaul the CC mechanics it would be fine.

6. Stop giving classes 2,  3 and 4 trinkets.   DKs have  Trinket - Will of the Forsaken - Lichbourne (10 sec of no cc) - Desecrated ground (another trinket and 8 sec immunity)   AMS 5 sec immunity to Caster CC. THAT IS A FUCKING PROBLEM

7. Take away no skill passive abilities.  IE. Cauterize, Cheat Death, Natures Gaurdian and 2nd wind

8. DPS Classes have way to many random heals

9.  Symbiosis needs a complete reworking. (not gunna say how, because i have no idea how not to make it retarded)

All Melee with the Exception of Ret and Enhancement need their mobility toned down.

Iknow guys PVE Gear has been so broken all of MOP i know and i see how bad it has made arena, not the blatant stupidity of blizz designers giving out way top many COOL abilities...  yeah they SOUND super cool on paper but not in an arena when 8 of them can be strung together.

THIS IS THE OBAMA EFFECT IT PROMISES CHANGE AND REALLY DOES NOTHING.  

I guess yay for gearing my alts faster but this doesnt do anything in high rated arena.

I'm sorry but are you blind folded or something?

You think fixing trinkets and dispell CDs will make players return to arena?  They are doing a big overhaul in the large picture trying to make arena more active again, this is a problem that needs to be fixed that benefits EVERYONE.

I agree with you that some instants and other spells needs to be removed/changed but those are minor changes, right now he is taking small steps at the time, you cant do too much changes at once because if it fails it will be hard to go back.

Your list is only your opinions if you fix one thing it will affect something else and you will have the domino effect thats why they don't do too much drastic changes.

I'm happy what Holinka is doing he actually tries to make it better for us and he is doing a huge step here so give the guy some breather before you gona request a change on every minor problem.

#99 Bula

Bula
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

i love how you think they can fix every single thing wrong with this game in 1 minor patch....

they started with removing t2 rating requirements, they moved on by removing elite gear, and have added gear scaling, these are things the community have all been asking for.  if they got every single thing with the game perfectly correct on the 1.0 live release people would still find things to complain about.  just give it more time.

#100 Deadscumlord

Deadscumlord
  • Drjakethomas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1954

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

i'm not saying make all these changes at once. but all of the issues I addressed need to be looked at and tweaked in some way shape or form.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<