• Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

These changes look great and I'm excited to see how things will play out.  My only concern is raiders trying to get two sets of pve gear, one for pvp and one for pve (anyone remember elemental shammys w/ that crazy lava burst set?  s6-s7)

Example:

Balance druid 2pc and 4pc pvp set bonuses are shit.  What do the pve set bonuses look like?

t14 2pc - 20% additional starfall damage
t14 4pc - 2 additional sec on moonfire and sunfire (shifting haste caps)

t15 2pc - 10% crit strike chance on starsurge
t15 4pc - 1000 crit and mastery during nature's grace

Yes please.

Edit:  Only thing keeping starsurge under control is low crit chance.

Edited by Hackattack3, 25 March 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#142 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

Doesn't this screw over world PvP? Does PvP Power make up for a 50 to 60 item level difference?

Not that world PvP is that big of a deal anymore. Just curious.

#143 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostBraindance, on 25 March 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

Ehm no. EJ guides are dead - theorycrafting is stil very much alive and it's up to date for every class.
That's exactly what I said
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#144 Shrouds

Shrouds
  • Junkies

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

The reason people were nice to each other was because it was beneficial. Clearly we all had moments where we needed a mob and let someone die, but in general people had to help each other. If you just think back to attunements for vanilla and BC, so many people helped each other. Even gearing up to do Karazhan everyone was helpful because if you didn't have healers or tanks with gear; it wasn't worth doing.
The reason servers are dead is because people don't have guilds to play with. People stayed because they enjoyed the experience they had with each other or at the very least had to play with others to progress. Now you're just one person in a guild of 900 people for perks. Also people are really right on when they talk about the complexity. Anyone of us who started in Vanilla prolly sucked horribly, we clicked, didn't know how to use our spells properly, wasted gold on crappy stuff, etc. People starting today are just like that, but now the community is more about instant gratification and themselves (simply cause it's more beneficial to be that way.)

#145 Nerfmytotems

Nerfmytotems
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2007

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 23 March 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

5.3 will take some weeks. Also off-spec gear is way easier to acquire with honor once you have 27k points.

I'm probably blind so excuse my ignorance but i haven't seen this posted anywhere...

If i am reading this correctly i get my full set of Tyrannical gear from conq points then i can just spam BGs to gear for my offspec tyrannical gear?

does anyone have a source for this?

Edited by Nerfmytotems, 25 March 2013 - 11:58 PM.

#146 clusky

clusky
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darkmoon Faire
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/0/2/1/0/.
  • RBG: 2473

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

View PostNerfmytotems, on 25 March 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

I'm probably blind so excuse my ignorance but i haven't seen this posted anywhere...

If i am reading this correctly i get my full set of Tyrannical gear from conq points then i can just spam BGs to gear for my offspec tyrannical gear?

does anyone have a source for this?

Once the 27,000 Conquest Point seasonal currency requirement is reached, players will be able to purchase Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear with Honor Points.

front page of mmo champ, so yeah you can.

Only thing im wondering is will there still be t2 weps? or are the elite versions just asthetic

Clustercluck said:

I'm sure your university doesn't appreciate you bloodlusting on their pianos

Kelarm said:

It's like trying to ride 3 horses with one ass.

#147 Nerfmytotems

Nerfmytotems
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2007

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

View Postclusky, on 26 March 2013 - 01:23 AM, said:

Once the 27,000 Conquest Point seasonal currency requirement is reached, players will be able to purchase Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear with Honor Points.

front page of mmo champ, so yeah you can.

Only thing im wondering is will there still be t2 weps? or are the elite versions just asthetic

Thanks,

Yeah i saw they posted that like 20mins or so after i asked the question....lol

t2 weaps will just be aesthetic (its item level will be reduced anyway) pretty sure i saw holinka tweet something about weapons

#148 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

They need to do something with battlegroups too, some are completly dead and pretty much serves only to sell glad spots, and queuing into the same team over and over just gets tiresome at some point. I queued for 4ish hours last night at 2k mmr, so nothing stellar, queues should be decent and varied... only played 3 different teams in total, we would face one 6-8 games in a row, then the other one 4-6 games then the other etc... and i play on a fairly active bgroup. I can't imagine what people at 2400+ atm deal with.

Not even sure its even rating related tough, i was capping my monk alt in 2s at 1500 and queued into the same team like 4-5 times in a row during prime hours.

They need to merge some battlegroups imo and make the crossline queue system kick in when you faced the same team 3 times in a row or something.

Edited by GrieverZ, 26 March 2013 - 04:51 AM.

#149 Pitiless

Pitiless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2204

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

View PostGLopez, on 25 March 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

Doesn't this screw over world PvP? Does PvP Power make up for a 50 to 60 item level difference?

Not that world PvP is that big of a deal anymore. Just curious.

I was wondering about this too.  On some servers like Emerald Dream, wpvp is still pretty active...

#150 Recursion

Recursion
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/0/2/1

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

Maybe we will see a rise to WW monks too har har har har

#151 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Guardian 2/1/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1558
  • 3v3: 959
  • RBG: 2322
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Blizzard keeps thinking of ways to incentivize PvP for the casual player to fix the diminishing player pool. Why not reward the hardcore, top-end players instead? Why not fix the ladders, purge the exploiters, and provide the top 0.5% of Arena and RBG players with even better gear?

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader

http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#152 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

View PostBailamosx, on 26 March 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

Blizzard keeps thinking of ways to incentivize PvP for the casual player to fix the diminishing player pool. Why not reward the hardcore, top-end players instead? Why not fix the ladders, purge the exploiters, and provide the top 0.5% of Arena and RBG players with even better gear?

Because if they purged the exploiters and the scum, a lot of the top half percent and people that are actually good at the game would be pushed out with that purge.  That's just the sad truth, now more than ever the people getting R1 and Glad are doing some really scumbag shit to get it because it isn't as accessible as it used to be.  I don't think that will ever change.  People know they can DDOS, wintrade, and exploit to get their rewards, so why bother doing it legit?

There's no reason somebody in the top half percent should have any actual gear advantage over the average player.  Giving those top people better gear will only make people more likely to scum their way to the top.

If it was easier to get the best achievements/vanity/etc then people might not be so inclined to scum for them, but it will make them less special.  There really isn't an easy fix, but lowering the barrier to entry for PvP isn't a bad thing.

All that said, I think prestige and vanity gear/mounts/flavor items should definitely be introduced for 2200+ arena.  RBGs already give some cool stuff like titles, mounts, and oldschool transmog gear, I feel like Arena should be more liberal about handing these things out in order to get more people participating.

#153 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostBraindance, on 23 March 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

What this means is that you can either pve or pvp and still have the same gear more or less.

Eg a heroic pve raider will have almost the same stats as a pvp geared player while in the arena. This means you can play pvp without rly worrying for gear even if you explicitly raid. Really neat.

Except for doing 30-40% less damage through pvp power more or less.
Pvp power is not on the items budget its a FREE stat. so ye.
Shadowmelding since 2007.

#154 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostBraindance, on 25 March 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

Ehm no. EJ guides are dead - theorycrafting is stil very much alive and it's up to date for every class.

this is true, for pveing on my monk I still check what they say on EJ, because you know those nerds are gonna be right

#155 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

View PostBailamosx, on 26 March 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

The top 0.5% are already getting a title. the casuals don't get anything and without casuals queuing we get less and less titles. Making sure casuals and low rated players keep playing is more important since gladiators barely ever quit arena.

#156 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostRecursion, on 26 March 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

Maybe we will see a rise to WW monks too har har har har

could be considering 5.3 notes on mmo list that your 10% stance is getting buffed to 30%

#157 Cakesz

Cakesz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/0/.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

View PostPitiless, on 26 March 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

I was wondering about this too.  On some servers like Emerald Dream, wpvp is still pretty active...

As they stated, ilvl will be scaled down inside BGs and Arena, this doesn't mean anything to outside of those places, the gear will almost certainly still have the correct item levels.

#158 GLopez

GLopez
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostCakesz, on 26 March 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

As they stated, ilvl will be scaled down inside BGs and Arena, this doesn't mean anything to outside of those places, the gear will almost certainly still have the correct item levels.

That's not what this says:
  • Season 13 Tyrannical gear had their item levels increased to ilevel 496, up from ilevel 493.
  • Season 13 Tyrannical Elite gear had their item levels decreased to ilevel 496, down from ilevel 512.

#159 Pitiless

Pitiless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2204

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostCakesz, on 26 March 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

The point is that people in heroic PVE gear will have 50+ ilvl difference in wpvp over PVPers.  Right now it wouldn't be THAT bad since the PVEers resil would suck, but once pvp and pve gear are both good for pvp it's going to be a huge imbalance.

Don't get me wrong though, overall these are AMAZING changes and great for pvp.  It just sucks for those few servers where wpvp is actually pretty active.  I don't know how a 496 ilvl pvper will take on a 549 (or whatever top ilvl is for pve) pve player once resil is made 65% baseline, in wpvp/daily areas.

#160 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

I wish people would stop banging on about world pvp... it's impossible to balance and sometimes developers won't balance things in arena because of people talking about world pvp.  Why not let them concentrate on arena and balance there without having to worry about stupid world pvp.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<