• Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2106
  • LocationGA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

I hope the base resil is added when dueling! I will be super sad if it doesn't :(.

#102 Wbushlol

Wbushlol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2381

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

View PostChristymarie, on 23 March 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

This fixes nothing.

1. Classes still way to many spammable and instant cast CC's / interrupts not to mention the amount of aoe CC. when they go through and make classes work for CC again then we can talk about Blizz fixing arena.

2. They need to do what they did for mage bombs and made the % of damage different in PVE than against a player.  i love how after 8 years they finally do it for 1 class on 3 abilities. + the one warriors have that is different.  How hard would it be to do this for the other 9 classes?  

3. Stop making stupid fucking exceptions for classes. IE Warlocks, Paladins, Priest and Druids,  where major CDs have become undispelable. Barkskin, Pain suppression, Avenging Wrath and Dark soul.  Look at mage, all of the major buffs and CDs with the exception of fingers of frost can be purged/dispelled.

4. Offensive Dispels need to go on a CD.

5. Defensive Dispels need to work as they did pre-cata. Yes i know it sounds terrible but if they overhaul the CC mechanics it would be fine.

6. Stop giving classes 2,  3 and 4 trinkets.   DKs have  Trinket - Will of the Forsaken - Lichbourne (10 sec of no cc) - Desecrated ground (another trinket and 8 sec immunity)   AMS 5 sec immunity to Caster CC. THAT IS A FUCKING PROBLEM

7. Take away no skill passive abilities.  IE. Cauterize, Cheat Death, Natures Gaurdian and 2nd wind

8. DPS Classes have way to many random heals

9.  Symbiosis needs a complete reworking. (not gunna say how, because i have no idea how not to make it retarded)

All Melee with the Exception of Ret and Enhancement need their mobility toned down.

Iknow guys PVE Gear has been so broken all of MOP i know and i see how bad it has made arena, not the blatant stupidity of blizz designers giving out way top many COOL abilities...  yeah they SOUND super cool on paper but not in an arena when 8 of them can be strung together.

THIS IS THE OBAMA EFFECT IT PROMISES CHANGE AND REALLY DOES NOTHING.  

I guess yay for gearing my alts faster but this doesnt do anything in high rated arena.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#103 Dreamwalkerx

Dreamwalkerx
  • Junkies

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostRadejjj, on 23 March 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

@holinka any new cosmetics planned for PvP? e.g. Tabards, vanity items, mounts (ground mounts for arena), etc?

Holinka@holinka
1h
@Bellefroid it appears I need to get the patch notes updated

Fuck yeah, tabards, pets, and vanity shit inc
hell yeah i fuckin luv those tabards, make me feel pretty

#104 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

This fixes nothing.

1. Classes still way to many spammable and instant cast CC's / interrupts not to mention the amount of aoe CC. when they go through and make classes work for CC again then we can talk about Blizz fixing arena.

2. They need to do what they did for mage bombs and made the % of damage different in PVE than against a player.  i love how after 8 years they finally do it for 1 class on 3 abilities. + the one warriors have that is different.  How hard would it be to do this for the other 9 classes?  

3. Stop making stupid fucking exceptions for classes. IE Warlocks, Paladins, Priest and Druids,  where major CDs have become undispelable. Barkskin, Pain suppression, Avenging Wrath and Dark soul.  Look at mage, all of the major buffs and CDs with the exception of fingers of frost can be purged/dispelled.

5. Defensive Dispels need to work as they did pre-cata. Yes i know it sounds terrible but if they overhaul the CC mechanics it would be fine.

6. Stop giving classes 2,  3 and 4 trinkets.   DKs have  Trinket - Will of the Forsaken - Lichbourne (10 sec of no cc) - Desecrated ground (another trinket and 8 sec immunity)   AMS 5 sec immunity to Caster CC. THAT IS A FUCKING PROBLEM

7. Take away no skill passive abilities.  IE. Cauterize, Cheat Death, Natures Gaurdian and 2nd wind

9.  Symbiosis needs a complete reworking. (not gunna say how, because i have no idea how not to make it retarded)

All Melee with the Exception of Ret and Enhancement need their mobility toned down.

Iknow guys PVE Gear has been so broken all of MOP i know and i see how bad it has made arena, not the blatant stupidity of blizz designers giving out way top many COOL abilities...  yeah they SOUND super cool on paper but not in an arena when 8 of them can be strung together.

I guess yay for gearing my alts faster but this doesnt do anything in high rated arena.

Pretty much what I think this game needs before any other tuning happens.

#105 hotcowz

hotcowz
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

This all makes sense because I've been watching BMAH on about 15 servers, and elite tyrannical pieces stopped appearing shortly after the season start. They are removing the 2nd tier of pvp gear effectively reducing the total conquest points needed for the BiS set. Thank god for that.

#106 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Still wanting this to happen...on another note new tabards!

Arenas will give the same amount of conquest points as Rbgs.

Edited by Icekingx, 23 March 2013 - 09:01 PM.

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#107 ninadobrevx

ninadobrevx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Antonidas
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 766
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

View Posthairpiece, on 23 March 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

all the stats are going to scale down to 496, int will be the same on pve pieces as pvp pieces inside pvp areas

yes but pve gear has more sockets = more int

#108 Improve

Improve
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 1737
  • 3v3: 2315
  • 5v5: 2652
  • RBG: 768

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

so whats gonna happen with resil then? i have 68.45%, is it going to be higher since im stacking resil gems or will no one be going resilience?

Posted Image

#109 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 1769
  • 3v3: 2752
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 2268

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

View PostAthlete, on 23 March 2013 - 01:43 AM, said:

Posted Image
I don't care how many times Ive seen this... still laughed... you have that gif perfect timing all set... lmao

#110 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:22 AM

The downgrade of the raid gear is actually smart. The amount of sockets is the same on LFR as on heroic if I'm not mistaken. So anyone that wants non-Raden PvE gear can simply get it over LFR, which is probably ok in terms of amount of PvE needed. No idea how long it will take until Raden gear is common but the advantage looks small enough to not cause a major issue. Until 5.3 however things are different.

#111 Bailamosx

Bailamosx
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 1347
  • 5v5: 2645
  • RBG: 2526
  • LocationUnder the freeway.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostBula, on 23 March 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

i love how you think they can fix every single thing wrong with this game in 1 minor patch....

they started with removing t2 rating requirements, they moved on by removing elite gear, and have added gear scaling, these are things the community have all been asking for.  if they got every single thing with the game perfectly correct on the 1.0 live release people would still find things to complain about.  just give it more time.

And yet, none of those things will fix a shrinking player pool. What can change that? Why do the number of glad spots diminish at an alarming rate each season?

Edited by Bailamosx, 24 March 2013 - 07:56 PM.

Bailamos / World's R1 RBG Leader

http://rbgs.tv/

Posted Image Posted Image

#112 Rhetorical1

Rhetorical1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 2/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1403
  • 3v3: 2131
  • 5v5: 1056

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

maybe if you buy glad again more people will come back

#113 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • LocationRussia

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

It's because PvP doesn't attract any new players to it. It's the same group of people playing it for years. I mean, just because we couldn't gear alts, arena participation as a whole halved; we had to whine and complain for ages to reduce the gear grind for alts to be viable because we actually rely on alts for activity. Am I the only one who finds the entire situation funny? Participation is so low that we rely on alts!

I hang on IRC a lot, and this is how people reacted to these changes on #mmo-c (summarized, obviously):
- this changes nothing, you still need PvP power
- but it does change a lot, all characters have the same base defense now. Defense won't be tied to gear like it is now, so gear overall will matter less
- doesn't matter, I just don't have the time or motivation to grind out full pvp gear (takes ages) before I can compete. But I would probably try it if they made it more accessible

WoW PvP is just really brutal for new players. It doesn't have a very high skill ceiling compared to other competitive games, but it does have a very steep learning curve early on just due to the knowledge necessary to be competitive (tons of abilities, combinations, tactics, meta game, etc.). Add the whole gear progression thing and the mind numbingly boring honor grind for base gear, and it makes perfect sense why nobody wants to do PvP.

I honestly can't believe that anybody still enjoys the gear progression in PvP. MMORPG is based on character progression blah blah blah, but gear progression in PvP is basically "get X points per week for a few months till you're done".

There are systems in the game that only reward cosmetics or vanity. Look at Challenge Modes. The entire system doesn't reward any gear at all. It gives mounts and transmog sets. And people are interested! Tons of people are interested, probably more people than the entire PvP player base. Pet battles - same thing; okay, that's more of a game of its own. Achievement system doesn't give any gear rewards, but there's tons of people doing stuff just for the sake of achievements and nothing else.

Maybe it's about time that they consider removing PvP gear as a whole?
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#114 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

I honestly think the main reason for this 'alarming' decrease is that it's simply boring.
The majority of arena players are just random shitters who play when they feel like it. Those people try out for one season. Then can't be bothered to gear up again and go play another game or switch to PvE instead.
You guys don't possibly expect those players to actually actively play every single season? Arena in this game for years now and there aren't many people left who still have to try it out.

#115 Bula

Bula
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

View PostBailamosx, on 24 March 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

And yet, none of those things will fix a shrinking player pool. What can change that? Why do the number of glad spots diminish at an alarming rate each season?

because people move on, not everyone is going to play WoW (or any game) forever.

does that mean the game has to stay shitty and broken?

no.  

why are you posting?

#116 mimmick

mimmick
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1315
  • 3v3: 1949
  • RBG: 192

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

This fixes nothing.

#117 Razorx

Razorx
  • Content Editors
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2495

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

forgot icebound

Edited by Razorx, 25 March 2013 - 01:48 AM.

www.athenelive.com/bludz

www.skill-capped.com/#1050

Blud 1 - 2900+ Multi Comp : http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=196599

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bludtv

[20:54:44] Alexis Jagger: they'll just laugh at me in lfr
[20:54:45] Alexis Jagger: i don't even know

#118 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

View PostRazorx, on 25 March 2013 - 01:48 AM, said:

forgot icebound

Was actually talking about this with a friend yesterday, every classes having so many "secondary trinkets" just removes a lot of the mind game around the trinket itself, kind of getting annoying.

Tbh, if next expansion they don't trim some of the fat in abilities things will just keep going down, everyone has pretty much too much of everything  atm.

#119 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1951
  • LocationCold North

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

PvP Power is a "free stat" so to speak and not a part of the stat budget on an item

#120 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:45 AM

Complexity isn't bad for a game at all and it certainly isn't uncommon for other games. Talked with a friend about MH3 and got handed a 500 page strategy guide translated from Japanese. The problem is the entry level and a very hostile community.

Who actually takes along a new player and explains stuff to them? The experience is getting 90, survive the nerve-wrecking honor grind with mindless random groups and then entering trade-chat. You need more gear, more XP or no one will take you. Don't know you need Vortex & Beam as Owlkin for RBGs and you are kicked right away after hours of searching. What WoW PvP needs is people that are willing to hand-hold new players and explain the game to them.

AJ wanted to put up freely accesible guides but pretty much no one responded. Skill-Capped has decent videos but things are far from complete around there and basic stuff like setting up the interface or understanding what you need to do in RBGs and what a TC/FC is, what stacks are or how to set up a direct dispel macro for the other healers are missing. People stop because they try, get stomped, get laughed at, called names and get kicked out of groups with no easily accesible way to improve their play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<