lawlpwned
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Assassination 1/0/2/0/1/0

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:41 AM

Hey guys,

In the last couple of months I returned to wow since pre lich king, and I rolled a rogue because I always enjoyed the play style.

I've been having a lot of fun in arenas, mostly 2's atm, and i'm running with a disc priest.

The most trouble we have is with pretty much any heals class.

I'm having a really hard time keeping them locked down long enough to get the kill, i'm currently sub spec.

Any experienced rogues that can shed some light here?

Thanks!

#2 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

It's almost impossible to just straight up train a healer to death as a rogue, you need to catch the healer without any kind of shields or hots then have your disc priest fear him when he's kind of low while you restealth and sap him -> get full energybar, then reopen on him with cc on the dps (disc should help dmg him ofc).

Or you can kill the dps with cc chain on the healer.

#3 lawlpwned

lawlpwned
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for the response Hyuru, it was a bit easier when ST procced crippling poison :(
I hadn't thought of using a fear to resap for a full opener, that's awesome.

I'm currently playing sub, but I'm wondering if assassination would be good for 2s with the ability to keep pressure on both the heals and dps while trying to take the heals down?

#4 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Sub is better mainly because of the ability to put out more CCs and the likes (dance provides a window in which you can dish out a lot of CCs after one another.)
Posted Image

#5 NiNLeX

NiNLeX
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/2/0/0/0

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

Assasination can do good pressure with shuriken spam + rupture on both targets + assasination does pretty good burst with vendetta, trinket & blades so it's worth a shot if you want to change a bit from subs playstyle.

#6 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

mut is horse shit

2v2 with healer gonna be long matches either way, i usually use the first dance w/o blades with cheap shot into garrote into DRd kidney to burn some of their CDs, once dance is up again same story with shb and since it is 2s ask your healer to help you dps, disc dmg isn't that bad really

if the healer just refuses to die  and runs all day like mw monks do you can always burn them oom, that if you killed dps already of course which you probably should

i usually use 2/2/3/1/1/1 spec and wound/mind numb for teams in 2s with healer

as much as i like running double dps, my GM has 4 heals that he wants to cap in 2s every week ~_~
shut up pvp guy

#7 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

Healer/rogue will teach you to do damage and cc well. You can't land kills vs. equally geared players if you cannot combine your burst with cc chains. Frustrating at first but once you learned it, it's a lot of fun.

#8 lawlpwned

lawlpwned
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for the responses.

@Irrwisch, i'm guessing by your mut is horse shit comment, you're saying I should stick to Sub?
The most trouble I have is with druids, with they're constant get out of root/slow's, in a comp like resto druid / warr, would you try to take the warrior out first while keeping the druid cc'd as much as possible?

@Hildegard, i'm definitely getting to know the class a lot better by doing 2's with a priest, i still have a long way to go. Right now i'm just trying to learn everything I can and slowly apply stuff, still working on my keybinds atm haha, i find myself panicing in arenas and ending up clicking here and there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rogue, arena, pvp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<