#1 Bula

Bula
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/2/0

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

Hey guys I'm new to warlock (playing since s11) and I've got a couple idea's I think would make the warlock experience more enjoyable.  

curse of exhaustion glyph removed : curse of exhaustion spell now becomes improved curse of exhaustion baseline with the same effects as the glyph currently.

howl of terror : moved to be a baseline spell in affliction spellbook.

shadowflame : added to tier2 talents in place of howl of terror (if taken it replaces imp coex to be the usual 30% no cooldown coex).

mortal coil : this ability now deals shadow damage based on spell power.

soulburn soulswap : this ability has been removed.

soulburn unstable affliction : if the UA is removed before running it's full duration the caster will be returned a shard

haunt : remove shard cost, 15 second cd, returned the healing effects of haunt to baseline from soul leech.  

soulburn haunt : 60% damage debuff, 4 second duration, haunt becomes instant cast

dot damage : increased damage done to players in pvp up by approx. 50% adjusted by pvp power dot scaler.  this should result in pvp power always resulting in more dps and pve trinkets being undesirable.

malefic grasp : reduce damage done to players in pvp down to appropriate levels to compensate for new dot damage.

new talent : blood sacrifice: sacrifice 40% of the warlock's maximum health to instantly restore 4 soulshards, x embers, 700 demonic fury, etc to the warlock.  Instant, off gcd.  2 minute cooldown.  - This replaces Blood Horror in talent tier 4.

new warlock pvp glove bonus : your fear casts will ignore your effects of kil'jaeden's cunning; your archimonde's vengeance returns an additional 1% passive and 5% damage when activated; your mannoroth's fury area covers 600% now.

glyph of demonic circle : now reduces the cooldown of demonic circle by 8 seconds (up from 4)

glyph of dark soul : now gives dark soul a 1 minute cooldown but reduces it's effect by 50%

demonic gateway : cast time reduced to 3 seconds (reduced by haste), gateway is targetable and has 4 million hp in a shared hp pool so killing either side will destroy it or multi-doting would be ideal, gateway begins with 0 charges and gains 1 charge every 30 seconds - gateway gains charges 50% faster while the warlock is out of combat.  New gateway mechanic: Only the warlock may use the gateway and upon clicking it will teleport all friendly teammates instantly to the end gateway.  Gateway is usable only once per 90 seconds.

(Shut the fuck up PVE guy)

Any thoughts, flames, etc?  

I really love this class, hope it can become really fun and dominant again...

ps - conrad you're a fish stick

#2 Polygonzz

Polygonzz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1467
  • 3v3: 2192
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1994

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:20 AM

ya everyone has been saying stuff like this for weeks / months but you basically just redesigned the class and they aren't going to make changes like that until the next expansion like has also already been said in 100 different topics all about the same thing 100 times

#3 Regent

Regent

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

Plus they recently fired the person who was in charge of designing Warlocks.

#4 Bula

Bula
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

View PostPolygonzz, on 20 March 2013 - 03:20 AM, said:

ya everyone has been saying stuff like this for weeks / months but you basically just redesigned the class and they aren't going to make changes like that until the next expansion like has also already been said in 100 different topics all about the same thing 100 times

I'm not stupid enough to think getting changes made to the class is a realistic goal.  I'm simply trying to engage the some-what dead community, and learn what people think some of the biggest problems and potential solutions are.  It's easy to complain.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

new warlock pvp glove bonus : your fear casts will ignore your effects of kil'jaeden's cunning; your archimonde's vengeance returns an additional 1% passive and 5% damage when activated; your mannoroth's fury area covers 600% now.

NO. just no. and the teleport is bad aswell, also your asking your class to be more op then an entire 3v3 kfc s12 team?

i agree on Damage and that 40% sac thingy, but that will promote pre healing and omg burst, but def needs dmg in affli

#6 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2776

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Wow is seven years old, the changes that players suggest that are taken seriously by blizzard are ones that make a huge impact with little change AND often do not make an impact on PVE.

For example, suggesting the coex, howl and shadowflame changes would make a huge impact on arena play and have very little impact on raiding.  Suggesting an overhaul on the class after an expansion is released, especially in the middle of one, is something that would never be considered by a company in any situation, nor has it ever happened.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostBula, on 20 March 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

soulburn unstable affliction : if the UA is removed before running it's full duration the caster will be returned a shard

dot damage : increased damage done to players in pvp up by approx. 50% adjusted by pvp power dot scaler.  this should result in pvp power always resulting in more dps and pve trinkets being undesirable.

If dot damage is buffed demon soul needs to be nerfed significantly. Demon soul damage is actually really really high, its just not too much outside of that. And Unstable Affliction doesnt need MORE dispel protection, it hits for 90k and silences for 5 seconds, it doesnt need to refund a shard on top of that, jesus.

Gateway definitely needs a change, I'm not sure if that's the right way though. Does it currently have a cd? I'm not sure. Four million health seems like a lot, and a 3 second cast is really easy to get off if youre playing any kind of control heavy comp. I duno, I think it shouldn't be usable in arena at all.

Edited by Radejjj, 20 March 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#8 Vizour

Vizour
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/1/0/0/1
  • RBG: 1579

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

U just swap some numbers but the outcome will still be the same if we dont get a dmg increase on dots AND malefic grasp

#9 Oldog

Oldog
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2335

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostBula, on 20 March 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

glyph of dark soul : now gives dark soul a 1 minute cooldown but reduces it's effect by 50%

Some nice changes but wtf is the point in these ones?

#10 Bula

Bula
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostOldog, on 20 March 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

Some nice changes but wtf is the point in these ones?

that might not be the best implementation for a soulburn UA but i believe one should exist, perhaps something like "soulburn UA: if your UA is removed before running it's full duration your next UA will be applied with 30% more haste", what's your idea?

nerfed demonic teleport slightly but returned most of the old functionality with a glyph.  the glove bonus thing is pretty much just a buff imo.

1 min dark soul lets the warlock contribute damage more often (syncs with on use trinket), remember it will be more difficult to spread dots without soulburn soulswap.  (blizzard has stated in the past they are looking for more glyphs and abilities that change play styles by creating trade-offs, i think this fits their idea.  )

Edited by Bula, 20 March 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#11 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2219

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

We were broken the second that soul burn soul swap went live. Haunt costing a shard with thrown in to make sure that we don't get up from the the stomp to the head.

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostBula, on 20 March 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

that might not be the best implementation for a soulburn UA but i believe one should exist, perhaps something like "soulburn UA: if your UA is removed before running it's full duration your next UA will be applied with 30% more haste", what's your idea?

nerfed demonic teleport slightly but returned most of the old functionality with a glyph.  the glove bonus thing is pretty much just a buff imo.

1 min dark soul lets the warlock contribute damage more often (syncs with on use trinket), remember it will be more difficult to spread dots without soulburn soulswap.  (blizzard has stated in the past they are looking for more glyphs and abilities that change play styles by creating trade-offs, i think this fits their idea.  )

Please explain to me why Unstable affliction needs more protection when it already hits for 80k and silences for 5 seconds, and dispel has an 8 second cd, so no one can spam dispel UA's since that would mean being unable to dispel fears/anything from the mage you're probably playing with

Edited by Radejjj, 20 March 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#13 Bula

Bula
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostRadejjj, on 20 March 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Please explain to me why Unstable affliction needs more protection when it already hits for 80k and silences for 5 seconds

Im talking about the dot component which ticks for ... 4k?

It's not a protection for UA it's a way for a warlock to contribute more significant damage in short burst windows, remember without soulswap a dispel from a druid or shaman will require 3 gcds+potential to be locked out just to replace what the healer removed with 1 gcd.

Also UA silence is 4 seconds.

Edited by Bula, 20 March 2013 - 05:48 PM.

#14 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 2/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2643
  • 3v3: 3261
  • 5v5: 2737
  • RBG: 2654

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

don't buff warlocks just nerf the fuck out of disgusting warrior and dk scum
edit: and hunters

Edited by Wallirik, 20 March 2013 - 05:50 PM.

#15 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 2/1/2/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2233
  • 3v3: 2970
  • 5v5: 1248
  • RBG: 2289

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

although i would like dots outside of demon soul to be good, i would really like to see hunters nerfed both in CC and dmg.

#16 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostWallirik, on 20 March 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

don't buff warlocks just nerf the fuck out of disgusting warrior and dk scum
edit: and hunters

and feral
and rogue
and sp
and mage

#17 elorahnahimi

elorahnahimi
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction
  • RBG: 2469

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

honestly i'd be happy with a pvp set bonus giving haunt a cool down and making it cost no shard, maybe make howl a baseline ability and buffing dots with pvp power scaling.. i have no idea why blizzard hasn't at least reverted the corruption nerf, they've shown they have the ability to reduce the damage an ability does to players by doing it to NT.. do they actually think corruption was doing too much in pvp?
What this game really needs is a Duelist mount. It can be the same model as the Gladiator mount, but maybe have a gimpy leg and only be able to fly around in circles. I'd still ride it.

#18 Thasta

Thasta
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 1/2/0/2/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 1442
  • 3v3: 2955

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

Remove soulburn: soul swap or give it a 1 minute cooldown
buff casted dots
nerf malefic grasp
nerf demon soul
maybe give us death coil baseline on a 2-3 minute cooldown
fixed

#19 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

Official Blizzard Quote:

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)

Demonic Gateway should no longer despawn when the casting Warlock moves far away.

Great !!!! :)

Edited by Salutations, 22 March 2013 - 06:47 AM.

#20 Chanimal

Chanimal

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

The list of changes that would be amazing, so essential LK/Cata affliction. RIP :(

- a damage reduction to dots applied by SB SS only
- dots to all do slightly more damage than now when applied manually - enough so that casting them manually actually has a worthy incentive
- corruption change reverted
- old soul link back: whilst the cooldowns we have now are great for rushdown comps i miss the passive tanking/healing that locks used to have - perhaps tone down the cooldowns effects but add in SL?
- haunt returning hp for ^, no shard and on a cd - casting haunt pretty much requires you to use MG to maximise its effects. retarded for pvp.
- siphon life passive
- demon soul effects less powerful but perhaps grants a % of the effect passively at all times
- and most importantly, I feel locks will never be amazing unless shadow priests are toned down. In nearly every situation a shadow priest is better than a lock, their utility / damage is way too strong.

also whilst the running man spell is useful i don't like the playstyle with it at all

Edited by Poobandit, 22 March 2013 - 03:51 PM.

twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<