• Curse Sites
Help

Boomkin Secondary Stat Priority Confusion 2 part Question.

balance druid Boomkin Stat Priority Crit Mastery

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 irishmouse77

irishmouse77
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1591
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Part One-I just started playing my Druid, and decided to go boomie. Since doing so, I have found lots of conflicting info on stat priority for 5.2. I Noxxic has it as Haste>Mastery>Crit. I have read a couple of posts here and on other sites making an argument for Crit due to starsurge being a big part of burst.

Part Two-I guess I am confused (I have yet to play my boomkin in arena), but I am under the impression that Starfire dies not get cast often in arena due to the cast time. I understand the vortex beam all cds starsurge concept, but thats not what I am looking for. What are you guys doing outside of CDs beside CCing. (obviously DoT management ect.), but how much hard casting is going on?

Sorry if that was confusing, I cant articulate the idea the way I want.
Yes, Those are baby heads on my shoulders :)

#2 Nodge

Nodge
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2018
  • 3v3: 2148
  • 5v5: 576

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

1)There's no real consensus here and it mainly comes down to personal preference; haste allows you to cast cyclones and keep dots up slightly easier and at various breakpoints will give you an extra tick on your DoTs (http://wowcalculator.../#druid_balance to see the breakpoints). I would recommend crit if you're unsure as it is good for burst.

2)Outside of CDs I pretty much just maintain DoTs on everything I can (including pets), keep rejuvenation on whatever the opposing team is targeting, use starsurge procs, cyclone when the other team is gaining pressure/popping CDs and channel astral communion or cast wrath/starfires to get into eclipses whenever possible. Generally I barely hard cast anything except cyclones and astral communion. If you have CDs up and full DoTs up on everything but have no starsurge procs then it can be worth it to try casting a starfire if it has a good chance of landing. Outside of CDs our hardcasted damage is just too low to be worth using generally.

Edited by Nodge, 26 March 2013 - 06:18 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: balance, druid, Boomkin, Stat, Priority, Crit, Mastery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<