Help

How Solarbeam should be

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

I bet many of u are pissed off this season when dieing in a vortex+beam from some rbg heroes that do 3s just like i did.I qued some 3v3 yday as rmp and i faced mage boomer disc and eventho we control the whole game the time comes where our priest gets beamed+ vortex and dies in it.
Even if we reset perfectly and avoid druids 1 shot we still manage to eventually die cuz of the beam.
So after the games ended, i thought of a good change they should do to beam to be how it should be, and not a 10 second silence.
Lets say a boomer beams u, u get a debuff that silences u for 4 seconds which u can trinket , and if u get hit on cast with it , u get csed to 8 seconds .This way it will be more like an aoe cs that u have to fake and trinket in order not to die.
I felt like posting this cuz i wanted to see the people's opinions about this.

#2 Cocakoala

Cocakoala
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2197
  • LocationOntario

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostYarmyxx, on 19 March 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

u get a debuff that silences u for 4 seconds which u can trinket , and if u get hit on cast with it , u get csed to 8 seconds .This way it will be more like an aoe cs that u have to fake and trinket in order not to die.

What does this even mean.... how do you fake an aoe cs? Dumb idea

#3 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:02 PM

probably a good idea, but blizzard will never do it.

#4 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/2/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2048
  • 3v3: 2776

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

It needs changed for sure, maybe rather fixed or tuned - not sure about "faking beam" although it's possible, it's more about having SOME counter to it.  For example, last season I played plastician and rooftrellen playing some gay shit, except they had a rdruid, ehtox maybe it was for sure gay shit for lawlz probably but it basically fucked resto shamans.

Dance cheap, vortex beam.  If I trinketed cheap I would get pulled back in.  Aight no worries.  JK it was cheap, vortex beam, AFTER I ran out the rdruid vortex'd.

So trinket cheap, run out, gripped back in, run out, gripped back in, lawlz kidney shot.

I realize this is a fucking retarded scenario but it was more an example of how stupid the mechanic is to basically put you in an 8 second hex that doesn't break on damage.  Even without two vortex you can be stunned, sit it, vortex beamed, run out pulled into DR'd stun.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#5 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

View PostCocakoala, on 19 March 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

What does this even mean.... how do you fake an aoe cs? Dumb idea
i believe u could actually get full locked once , or is it just me?

#6 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

Just make it trinketable and it will be fine... and ofc make it DR with silences but its annoying getting beam > full cs

#7 Feliclandelo

Feliclandelo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Shattered Hand
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/1

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

Remove vortex and we will be more than fine? Give us a few more escapes vs. melee's.

#8 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

View Postdionim, on 19 March 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

Just make it trinketable and it will be fine... and ofc make it DR with silences but its annoying getting beam > full cs
it doesnt make any sense if u say just be trinketable , its a beam that covers some space in arena that ur silenced if ur inside.

#9 Hakasa

Hakasa
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Turalyon
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Balance
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

I'm not sure if this is true still, but in Cata there was a "lock-out" portion that you could actually fake and then just run out of the Beam to cast. Of course now you can't just run out of it because of vortex, but I just wanted to point that out.

Edited by Hakasa, 19 March 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#10 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostYarmyxx, on 19 March 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

it doesnt make any sense if u say just be trinketable , its a beam that covers some space in arena that ur silenced if ur inside.

Trinket makes you immune to the beam effect for the duration of it.

Also it does require a target, making it a undispelable debuff that goes to target, so the target can trinket and clean that debuff

Edited by dionim, 19 March 2013 - 01:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<