Xsv
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2298

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

I want to start out by saying that switching stances is one of the things that I loved most about the warrior class. We all know last season was a joke with this as everyone sat in defensive because you can still do damage with it and never die. This was stupid and I disliked playing my warrior because of it. I also feel that switching stances to perform abilities is an outdated mechanic. wtf is up with serking stance? what's it's purpose anymore? remove that shit.

I am making this post because I want to see how others are doing when playing their warrior in the current state. I know it's early but I have already found that with the few new changes to warriors this patch that they are behind in arenas, and basically as useless as a ret in RBGs.

I am fully aware that warriors were retarded overpowered last season and needed a huge nerf. That being said, they made all the right changes, except with the rage added to overpower. I know they added the rage to overpower for PVE, but as it stands, warriors in battlestance fall over faster than any other class at the moment. If they changed it so overpower didn't cost any rage, i think warriors would be in a prime spot.

Don't come in here saying "you deserved it hahahaha suck it warrior" yea you are right, they needed a huge nerf. I want to know how other warriors feel and are dealing with the change.

What are the good comps for warriors at this point? I guess WMP is viable again.

TL;DR make overpower cost no rage and warriors are in a prime spot.

#2 Durial

Durial
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationEngland, London

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

I feel okay with rage and what not, my only problem is dying in stuns, or just in general taking too much passive damage, our defensive cool downs are our problem

#3 Xsv

Xsv
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2298

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

yea, second wind was so godly before because our passive damage reduction was extremely high. now it's just bleh. I'm afraid to go battle stance vs any rogue/mage/ dot teams because i'll just get destroyed. at this point in the game, warriors need that passive damage reduction to even compete. as it is now, train the warrior 100% of the game and you have a really good chance of winning just like before. not to mention it reduces their damage by quite a bit

#4 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

Or simply add some dmg  reduction in battle. Spamming abilities without any regard to resources is a thing for mages not warriors.

And second wind baseline

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#5 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

if you still have berserker stance bound you're doing it wrong

i came back to warrior in mop after quitting in wotlk, so i missed the cata experience.  what i really hate now is the cooldown on stances, yeah you keep rage now, but its just.... i dunno, feels clunky.  1 stun in battlestance with a blanket cs on a healer and its forcing a cd or i might actually just die.

#6 Saregar

Saregar
  • Junkies

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

warrior damage is fucking sick, just nobody knows how to do it and than cryes on aj. just use Glyph of Bull Rush and Glyph of Hamstring and you can sit agian whole match in defensive stance (because you kinda have to), and have sick damage.
warriors are fine.

#7 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

i dont play a warrior for my main class, but when i play that's what i feel

if i have to sit defensive, i would only do CS > MS > Overpower when im doing pressure to create something
once we go for a kill, i start to dumb all rage i have into slams, and maybe HS when someone is really low
idk if this is what i should do, but is working well i guess.

also for glyphs im a little confused now, bull rush and leap are still the 2 best ones, but what can i use for the third now?

also i still feel like ShockWave is still the best at his talent tree, but i cant decide clearly what to go on the last talent tree, what are you guys using at this tree?

#8 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

Reduce rage cost on heroic strike and reduce its damage too, i wouldnt mind that either. Just let us be able to slow with it so we're not stuck in a fucking global all day long , running after people trying to slow them but infact the just break the slow or run faster with freedom etc. (using every global to slow them to be able to melee swing them and never get a chance to actually do damage).

example: have you faced a resto druid in 2vs2 as warrior? close to impossible to score a kill, barskin every stun , drop them to 50% hp with cds if you are lucky then they are gone forever.

how I feel about state of warrior atm:
run around in circles trying to hit people, do decent damage if you connect, but thats all you can do, basically never any stuns available, you charge someone and use your 40 sec stun after that they are gone. Warrior can be played to higher ratings if you can be arsed playing this boring class with good people at their classes to carry you when you kiting around in def stance / shield wall.

Im rerolling mage or dk until fixed, i've never been this bored playing warrior before, even s10 / s11 was alot more fun!
Posted Image
-------------------------------forever---------------duelist-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube....h?v=GLNJfWpIHLA

#9 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

Reduce rage cost on heroic strike and reduce its damage too, i wouldnt mind that either. Just let us be able to slow with it so we're not stuck in a fucking global all day long , running after people trying to slow them but infact the just break the slow or run faster with freedom etc. (using every global to slow them to be able to melee swing them and never get a chance to actually do damage).

example: have you faced a resto druid in 2vs2 as warrior? close to impossible to score a kill, barskin every stun , drop them to 50% hp with cds if you are lucky then they are gone forever.

run around in circles trying to hit people, do decent damage if you connect, but thats all you can do, basically never any stuns available, you charge someone and use your 40 sec stun after that they are gone. Warrior can be played to higher ratings if you can be arsed playing this boring class with good people at their classes to carry you when you kiting around in def stance / shield wall.

Im rerolling mage or dk until fixed, i've never been this bored playing warrior before, even s10 / s11 was alot more fun!
Posted Image
-------------------------------forever---------------duelist-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube....h?v=GLNJfWpIHLA

#10 Saregar

Saregar
  • Junkies

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

View PostHäxantutto, on 19 March 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

hahaha so cute. warriors are actually now the most fun they have been since s8.

Edited by Saregar, 19 March 2013 - 12:08 PM.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2055
  • 3v3: 2436

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostXsv, on 19 March 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

Don't come in here saying "you deserved it hahahaha suck it warrior"
you deserved it hahahaha suck it warrior

#12 Angelce

Angelce
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1994
  • 3v3: 2329
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationMacedonia.

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostHäxantutto, on 19 March 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

We indeed have lost the status as a class.Warrior is just an all-in class and nothing else.I'd compare them to s12 rets,where they were only useful while in their cds,while not having any good off-heals for their team mates.

Outside of CDs,we are just like training dummies.No danger for the opposing team,and the only thing we can do is just wait 3 minutes with kiting and popping wall/dbts etc.The only real thing that we have is the chance to 1 shot someone (GL with that vs caster cleaves btw) and NOTHING else.

Brb rerolling hpaladin.

Edited by Angelce, 19 March 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#13 Thugjitsu

Thugjitsu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/0/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2222

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Lower Overpower rage cost to 5 and add 10% damage reduction in arms and warriors would be perfect in my opinion.

Maybe one more thing, I think the Shockwave CD should reset to 20 seconds if it hits 2 or more players in PVP, 3 or more NPC's for PVE.
Posted Image

#14 Eazymothafukne

Eazymothafukne
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1988
  • 3v3: 2604
  • 5v5: 1152
  • RBG: 957

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Has anyone tried haste since the 50% buff? I've noticed you go from 3.60 white swing speed to 3.06 with offsets and feels good tbh most of time above 50+ rage and deep wounds ticks faster. but the problem for some people it seems is they sit in D stance most of the time because they get trained too hard because of how much burst is in this game right now.
http://i.imgur.com/L60huZm.png
150k Shield slam avatar crit. ^

Real gamers unite

#15 AcerMVP

AcerMVP
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/0/0/0/2
  • RBG: 764

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostDurial, on 19 March 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

I feel okay with rage and what not, my only problem is dying in stuns, or just in general taking too much passive damage, our defensive cool downs are our problem

How does it feel to die in a stun? It fucking sucks huh? Still happens to rogues, so stop QQing.

#16 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 2468
  • 3v3: 2768
  • 5v5: 2233
  • RBG: 2243
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

View PostSaregar, on 19 March 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

warrior damage is fucking sick, just nobody knows how to do it and than cryes on aj. just use Glyph of Bull Rush and Glyph of Hamstring and you can sit agian whole match in defensive stance (because you kinda have to), and have sick damage.
warriors are fine.

100% agree here fought a lot of good warriors this season who do unhealable damage

#17 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

Ran KFC This week still looked good along with Thug I tried out. I give my warrior my Roar of sac and freedoms to keep him going and exp trap knock out the rogue during smoke bombs peel etc when he needs it. Warrior dmg deff seems fine though for sure.

Edited by Dagin, 19 March 2013 - 02:54 PM.

Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#18 foxfighter

foxfighter

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Get a 4 stack op And unleash hell

Also slam with cds hits for 100ks
http://www.twitch.tv/fawxfighter - punch monk/warrior stream

#19 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

View Postfoxfighter, on 19 March 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

Get a 4 stack op And unleash hell

Also slam with cds hits for 100ks
Yeah my warrior was talking about slam alot.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#20 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm