Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

Arena participation since MoP compared to other seasons


  • Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#61 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Posts: 1011
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:39 AM

Put titles back in 2s, so people stop deboosting to get fast caps OR link 2s / 3s mmr somehow

Award same cap for Arena/RBG rating so people can choose what they want to play

Put games played back on armoury

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#62 Antitaleon

Antitaleon
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 386
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/2/1/0

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostSnuggli, on 22 March 2013 - 03:39 AM, said:

Put titles back in 2s, so people stop deboosting to get fast caps OR link 2s / 3s mmr somehow

Award same cap for Arena/RBG rating so people can choose what they want to play

Put games played back on armoury


can we get an access wipe over here
Posted Image

3x glad 1x r1 logics

Spoiler

Spoiler

#63 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 3168
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostAntitaleon, on 23 March 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

can we get an access wipe over here
you know most good players actually preferred 2s yeah?

they need to definitely bring back 2v2 in a way. casuals would probably start out with 2v2 and then during the season decide to try out 3v3 with one more. i am positive that bringing back 2v2 incentives would boost 3v3 participation.

#64 Antitaleon

Antitaleon
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 386
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/2/1/0

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostHyrmine, on 23 March 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

you know most good players actually preferred 2s yeah?

they need to definitely bring back 2v2 in a way. casuals would probably start out with 2v2 and then during the season decide to try out 3v3 with one more. i am positive that bringing back 2v2 incentives would boost 3v3 participation.

refer to my post above

figures a dk would want that 2's bracket back
Posted Image

3x glad 1x r1 logics

Spoiler

Spoiler

#65 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 3168
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostAntitaleon, on 23 March 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

refer to my post above

figures a dk would want that 2's bracket back
i didnt say they need to give 2v2 titles you fucking piece of shit. i said incentives but you would know that if you actually knew how to read. i havent even played dk at all in wotlk.

what i wrote is completely right and would boost participation, anyone with half a brain cell would know that, aka not you.

#66 Nmplol

Nmplol
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 481
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • RBG: 959

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

RBGS killed arena. If you cant see that you have a problem. RBGS eliminated the whole "Upper Duelist class" if  you will. Those people who try hard and hard to get high in arena and couldn't, saw there opportunity to do so in RBGS and stopped playing arena. Why play arena and sit sub 2.2k when you can go play RBGS, get more points, and get higher rating still being just as unskilled? my IRL friend dinged 90, full blues, found a good  RBG team, hit 2.3k with 90% blue gear. Just not possible to do in arena.

TLDR: RBGS are too easy arena is to hard for shitters. And the world needs shitters to function.

#67 Capstone

Capstone

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

View PostHyrmine, on 23 March 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

you know most good players actually preferred 2s yeah?
stop

#68 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 776
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

can i just play 5 twos games for cap again

#69 Cakesz

Cakesz
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 267
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/0/.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

3s is largely as aids as 2s was these days.

#70 Antitaleon

Antitaleon
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 386
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/2/1/0

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostHyrmine, on 23 March 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

i didnt say they need to give 2v2 titles you fucking piece of shit. i said incentives but you would know that if you actually knew how to read. i havent even played dk at all in wotlk.

what i wrote is completely right and would boost participation, anyone with half a brain cell would know that, aka not you.


boost 2's participation, that's exactly what pvp needs right now

please stop before you make yourself look like a complete mongloid
Posted Image

3x glad 1x r1 logics

Spoiler

Spoiler

#71 Capstone

Capstone

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostCakesz, on 23 March 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

3s is largely as aids as 2s was these days.
no

#72 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 504
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1744
  • 3v3: 2718
  • 5v5: 576

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostNmplol, on 23 March 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

RBGS killed arena. If you cant see that you have a problem. RBGS eliminated the whole "Upper Duelist class" if  you will. Those people who try hard and hard to get high in arena and couldn't, saw there opportunity to do so in RBGS and stopped playing arena. Why play arena and sit sub 2.2k when you can go play RBGS, get more points, and get higher rating still being just as unskilled? my IRL friend dinged 90, full blues, found a good  RBG team, hit 2.3k with 90% blue gear. Just not possible to do in arena.

TLDR: RBGS are too easy arena is to hard for shitters. And the world needs shitters to function.

ALWAYS A GOOD READ.

would take part in reading again.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#73 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 504
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1744
  • 3v3: 2718
  • 5v5: 576

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostGrieverZ, on 21 March 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

Also this, as much as the jaded players with 600 days /played on their character love to say WoW takes no skill, getting into arena as a new player is an insanely steep learning curve, 2s being worthless makes it worse because those new players end up getting stomp by much higher rated people just capping points. I started arena seriously in S7 and i wasn't even close to be competitive until S8, and i was playing a LOT, also constantly watching videos. Not everyone has that kind of patience or dedication.

There's very little that can help you improve your gameplay inside the game itself too, you pretty much have to look for the information yourself and subscribe to things like Skill Capped, its another thing this community love making fun of but its borderline required for new players nowadays, otherwise how are new players suposed to even hope catching up with people that have been playing arena for 5-6 years?

Fixing 2s, maybe making 2s and 3s MMR tied or something would help a lot so new players can fight each other without getting stomped 12 times by rival+ players (wich are a lot better than new players) capping their points would help. Skirmishes also need to come back, its the only form of non-rated arena practice you can ever get, i know i used to spam them all the time specially when i tried to learn to game or learned a new class/spec.  2v2 being the way it is is definitely negative for new players though.

Disagree, taught my friend how to be decent in arena in 2 months a couple hours a week, very intelligent businessman but sucked ass at WOW, had to go from clicking keyboard turning and backpeddling, ended up getting over 2200 in 3s last season.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#74 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Posts: 2637
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostHektiik, on 23 March 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Disagree, taught my friend how to be decent in arena in 2 months a couple hours a week, very intelligent businessman but sucked ass at WOW, had to go from clicking keyboard turning and backpeddling, ended up getting over 2200 in 3s last season.

Not everyone has a high rated friend to teach them how to play.  2s and random bgs are where the majority of new players learn to pvp, and right now I would assume that isn't a pleasant process for them.

#75 Tpokez

Tpokez
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Ysera
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 53
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

View PostBlur, on 22 March 2013 - 02:34 AM, said:

I think it has something to do with the fact that the game got competition.

Arena's can very much be compared with League of Legends in a way that both are arena type of games where positioning and how you manage your cooldowns are huge factors in victory, that aswell as team composition and stratergy.

To me, WoW Arena has been the most fun and intense gaming experience I've ever played, and to be frank, I don't even think League of Legends is as fun as arena was back in WotlK or TBC, but arenas and game balance has just become worse and worse over the times, and it has been casualized and alot less fun to play. So even tho I like the model of arenas much more than how league of legends work, I've chosen to play League of Legends now instead. And I know a TON of ex-multiglads / rank1's who has done the same.

Sure, arenas are awesome, but why play something the developers of the game doesn't give a rats ass about? Tbh if someone managed to release an arena game (or better yet) if wow managed to fix theirs, and make it competetive, i'd much prefer it to league of legends. But right now, the game just isn't as fun, and people are starting to see options, so we're no longer stuck with the less fun alternate.

edit: tired, middle of the night and i can't sleep, so its probably shit formulated, anyway as to why i lurk these forums when i'm not playing the game, is to occasionally check if it has changed anything towards the better on the arena side since i quit (which might make me wanna play again) but it doesnt seem like it

+rep
LoL In-Game names: Tplol/Tpokez (both NA)

#76 Doomed the Dog

Doomed the Dog
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Posts: 328
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2292
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

View Postflannelsoff, on 23 March 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

can i just play 5 twos games for cap again

This !!!! bring back s9 capping
Posted Image

#77 lysolabuser

lysolabuser
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 87
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1626
  • 3v3: 288
  • LocationWeston, FL

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:52 AM

bring back titles in 2s and you will see arena participation rise

Edited by lysolabuser, 27 March 2013 - 05:28 PM.


#78 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1097
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

Make RBGs give equal rewards to Arena (in terms of conq pt cap) and you will see a lot more arena participation.

#79 ichor

ichor
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 109
  • Talents: Affliction 1/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

View Postlysolabuser, on 27 March 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

bring back titles in 2s and you will see arena participation sky rocket

This, for alot of players, available time is what keeps them out of the game. 2v2 is easily arranged, it allows more freedom regarding when it can be done. Besides, finding 10 people I enjoy spending time with for RBG is a hassle, finding time for it is another.


#80 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 1301
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostHektiik, on 23 March 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

Disagree, taught my friend how to be decent in arena in 2 months a couple hours a week, very intelligent businessman but sucked ass at WOW, had to go from clicking keyboard turning and backpeddling, ended up getting over 2200 in 3s last season.

Because everyone has a 2200+ coach to teach them how to play when they start.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<