• Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 18 March 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

im pretty sure most everyone has been saying mages have been broken for quite some time now, same for spriests.
Compare the amount of whining for wars and hunters against sps and mages. Quadruple or even more the posts.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#22 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:20 AM

View PostTyph, on 18 March 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

because if you train a caster, you can reduce there dmg by a huge amount (most cases, not all cases) and that often shows the skilllevel of the class. a good caster can keep shit rolling when being trained, bad casters do fuckall when being trained.

wars/dks/hunters still have huge dmg even if your training them. let alone the fact that an npc is doing most of your dmg if your a hunter.
Wars should have huge damage because it's essentially the only thing they do. Of course, you can strip them of their damage and give them 50% of rogue tools and see what happens.

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

#23 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

most people were crying about warriors when they had the best control, the best surv, and the best damage.  I don't see any nerf warrior threads anymore.  KFC also cut down a lot of the mediocre mage teams last season, thus leading to less mage bitch threads.  People have been bitching about spriests since the beginning of the xpac.  After this patch, you will see just as many threads whining about mages as you did warriors in 5.0.

#24 Rohnx

Rohnx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1530

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:52 AM

Got hit for a 260k powershot on 9k resil while fighting thug cleave, sounds balanced.

Obviously trix of the trade was present, and pvp power gems.

Would love to hear justification for a single ability to chunk off 70% of an opponent's hp upon impact, which is not even easy to stop when fighting a team with the amount of control as thug cleave.

http://imgur.com/vSgUvkS

#25 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

i don't understand why powershot ends peoples days upon the planet when chaosbolt does nowhere near that damage even with ds on use up.

#26 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

View PostRohnx, on 18 March 2013 - 03:52 AM, said:

Got hit for a 260k powershot on 9k resil while fighting thug cleave, sounds balanced.

Would love to hear justification for a single ability to chunk off 70% of an opponent's hp upon impact, which is not even easy to stop when fighting a team with the amount of control as thug cleave.

I suspect foul play there, even with tricks on my fully geared hunter the highest I've hit so far was 157k on a mage. That's not a reasonable number without something else involved, ie. berserker hut in WSG.

To support my argument about the 2s thing, no one gives a fuck about 2's so there's no sense in whining about it. The game is not balanced around the two's bracket, if you had a third player they could/would've done something about the powershot. I'm not saying that powershot isn't overtuned or anything, I personally don't even like using it.. It's just that these situations can be easily prevented. It's like the low rated players complaining about chaos bolt in random bg's on the WoW forums.

#27 Rohnx

Rohnx
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1530

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:07 AM

View PostFilthpig, on 18 March 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

I suspect foul play there, even with tricks on my fully geared hunter the highest I've hit so far was 157k on a mage. That's not a reasonable number without something else involved, ie. berserker hut in WSG.

To support my argument about the 2s thing, no one gives a fuck about 2's so there's no sense in whining about it. The game is not balanced around the two's bracket, if you had a third player they could/would've done something about the powershot. I'm not saying that powershot isn't overtuned or anything, I personally don't even like using it.. It's just that these situations can be easily prevented. It's like the low rated players complaining about chaos bolt in random bg's on the WoW forums.

Hard to prove it was in arena, because I didn't screenshot until after I left the game. I was extremely surprised by the hit as well, since I'd previously never been hit for more than 150k by it.

The hunter was full pvp power gemmed, ignoring socket bonuses, which obviously would give a massive damage increase, and with thug cleave play style, they don't need much resil. Trix on hunter for 15% dmg increase, and then prey on the weak for another 10% dmg, and I can see it hitting those numbers, which no matter how you look at it, is not balanced.

#28 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

View PostRohnx, on 18 March 2013 - 03:52 AM, said:

Jeez that sounds like a mage shatter thats up from a deep freeze every 30s.  

Welcome to the life of a H Paladin.

#29 Bamflol

Bamflol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Holy 2/1/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 2493
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

View Postacushi, on 18 March 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

Jeez that sounds like a mage shatter thats up from a deep freeze every 30s.  

Welcome to the life of a H Paladin.
except take that 70% and make it 100%.

#30 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

View PostBraindance, on 18 March 2013 - 02:17 AM, said:

Gj whining about a 1 min cd 3 sec cast. 3 ppl in the team - no1 can stop it, neither can you los it. There are far more broken things than powershot. It's not like it's thirst for blood.

So TfB was fine, yeah? You could see the TfB stacks on the warrior. Simply CC them so they fall off. It was all fine, no?
Stampede was fine before, yeah? Root all the pets or simply AoE CC them. It was all fine, no?
Chaos wave was fine, yeah? Simply stun/LoS the lock and you could avoid the damage. It was all completely fine?

The same principle is with power shot. All the things you listed before were not 1 spell/ability doing all that dmg in 1 huge burst. That's not fine. 1 spell/ability being that powerful. If power shot is fine, then hell, insanity is fine too. When in reality, both are broken. Damage in general is broken, but abilities that actually do so much damage by themselves are broken the most. Power Shot is on the same level of Insanity when it comes to broken. If you're defending it, then you're simply as biased as mages were prior frost bomb nerf, warriors were prior TfB nerf, hunters were prior Stampede fix.

And just quoting this post because I found it extremely hilarious how it was directly above yours;

View PostSnuggli, on 18 March 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

You clearly got outplayed. Powershot is a long cast-time and is easy to predict and if you made no effort to stop it you deserved to lose.

- Ghostcrawler

Posted Image

#31 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

View PostVirent, on 19 March 2013 - 05:30 AM, said:

So TfB was fine, yeah? You could see the TfB stacks on the warrior. Simply CC them so they fall off. It was all fine, no?
Stampede was fine before, yeah? Root all the pets or simply AoE CC them. It was all fine, no?
Chaos wave was fine, yeah? Simply stun/LoS the lock and you could avoid the damage. It was all completely fine?

The same principle is with power shot. All the things you listed before were not 1 spell/ability doing all that dmg in 1 huge burst. That's not fine. 1 spell/ability being that powerful. If power shot is fine, then hell, insanity is fine too. When in reality, both are broken. Damage in general is broken, but abilities that actually do so much damage by themselves are broken the most. Power Shot is on the same level of Insanity when it comes to broken. If you're defending it, then you're simply as biased as mages were prior frost bomb nerf, warriors were prior TfB nerf, hunters were prior Stampede fix.

And just quoting this post because I found it extremely hilarious how it was directly above yours;
Did you read my post or you just went mental by seeing thirst for blood written in it

#32 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

View PostKhaoz11, on 18 March 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

Just got critted by an enormous amount and felt like we could QQ some about other classes then mages for a while.

http://imgur.com/Bb0CK6Z

and here is hunters armory: http://eu.battle.net...ebowjobs/simple

He doesn't even have t2 wepon, just that 478 shit. Just thought it was funny was my health dropped from 80-20% in a  global.

Bro that powershot did 40% of your health, not 60%. But continue inflating the damage it does by 50%, it really helps your argument.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#33 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:46 AM

View PostRohnx, on 18 March 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

The hunter was full pvp power gemmed, ignoring socket bonuses, which obviously would give a massive damage increase

No it doesn't. Full PVP power gems adds 5-10% damage.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#34 Redboww

Redboww
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/0/.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

They should just make powershot a marksman only ability. Hunter class: FIXED.

Then marksman would have a niche, and comparable burst to stampede bm bullfuck. And BM wouldn't have the excessive that is stampede AND power shot.

Edited by Redboww, 20 March 2013 - 04:08 AM.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:10 AM

Double post, sorry

Edited by Zerlog, 20 March 2013 - 04:12 AM.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

Thing is, even if they shot powershot, its not really a cd for casting it, so next time you get feared/dip out from a pillar hes casting it again, and in the end of the day, you cant kill anything pillar kiting, and thats bad play. that shit shud be MM only and nerfed like frostbomb, as its the exact damn thing, but frost bomb had 1.5sec cast + detonation timer so you could dispel it?

View PostSnuggli, on 18 March 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

You clearly got outplayed. Powershot is a long cast-time and is easy to predict and if you made no effort to stop it you deserved to lose.

- Ghostcrawler
Thats like saying, HEY if you get deep'd and die by the damage, L2P because its a 30sec cd and clearly could have been peeled if the enemy mage decided to burst.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<