fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 19 March 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

Also, to the one hunter above who mentioned that wizards do so much damage along with "all their cc",  with blood fear gone, hunters are pretty much the best cc class considering its all instant, you can readiness it if need be, and good hunters can stop people from eating traps (scatter healer disengage web dps).

Go play Hunter then. Mages that think Hunters have better CC are fucking retarded. Just because it's instant doesn't mean it's uncounterable.

And just because you have a cast time on a zero second cooldown 8 second CC spell doesn't mean it's impossible to get off. Hint: do the same shit that you are telling Hunters to do to get their CC off. Only difference is if yours fails you can try again right away and your DPS isn't even in the same spell school as it.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#42 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

View Postfant0m8, on 20 March 2013 - 03:58 AM, said:

Go play Hunter then. Mages that think Hunters have better CC are fucking retarded. Just because it's instant doesn't mean it's uncounterable.

And just because you have a cast time on a zero second cooldown 8 second CC spell doesn't mean it's impossible to get off. Hint: do the same shit that you are telling Hunters to do to get their CC off. Only difference is if yours fails you can try again right away and your DPS isn't even in the same spell school as it.

people who think that just because my aj character says mage and assume that i'm a biased mage player who thinks mages suck and every other class is better are just retarded.  

good hunters will get off their cc, no matter if its counterable or not, just like good mages will, the only difference is, yours is instant cast, which is exactly what i said.  In a world of interrupts, instant cc is the strongest, which is one of the reasons mages were so dumb last season, and one of the reasons pom mages will be so dumb this season.

Hint:  I have a hunter alt and its ridiculously easy to cc people, its all about that cross cc that everyone talks about,and its really easy to do if you have a brain.

Ex: facing a warrior, instead of scatter trapping on cd, wait for him to safeguard, then disengage web scatter trap healer, or web stun warrior trap healer, etc etc etc.  

Also in my post, i never stated it was "uncounterable".

#43 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 19 March 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

my first sentence

Powershot is just as bad, everything in this game can be peeled, mage and spriest damage included, just like powershot.  However, the other team is playing TO GET THAT ABILITY OFF.

Good teams are like lets set up a cc here so i can get this powershot off and global them, lets set up cc so i can solo them in a deep, 3 orb them, etc.

I play with a hunter in 2s on my alt pally and he can stun someone and powershot them from 50-60% to dead, there is no skull banner, nor tricks there.  Powershot is too good of damage, and way over the top when combined with tricks or banner.

And as I said before, mage damage is even worse than powershot.

Everyone is a hunter expert here on the internet.

#44 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2315
  • RBG: 1333
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

So how did blink strike do that much damage? I've never seen mine hit that high.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#45 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostPouncedd, on 20 March 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

So how did blink strike do that much damage? I've never seen mine hit that high.
You are implying that 90k blink strike crit is a lot?
Nice joke

Here's some proper crits from arena:
Posted Image

Posted Image

On topic,

View PostLapeane, on 19 March 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

Hunter's powershot is fine.
Powershot is not fine. Its damage needs to get reduced by 30-40%.

Edited by Kettu, 20 March 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#46 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

View Postfant0m8, on 20 March 2013 - 03:58 AM, said:

0 second cooldown that you have to sit there and juke for days .. some teams its nearly impossible to cast as any caster.. if it was instant  and had no cooldown well then thats just broken but it takes a little more effort than "oh you failed try again"

try playing a caster vs  hunter monk shaman or monk war shaman and tell me how many times you can honestly say you are free casting if at all and yes im aware that is two comps out of many but tons of comps right now have interrupts to stop casters from doing what they see fit in terms of casted cc / damage

there are just way too many instants / interrupts currently but the thing is if you nerf  one without the other then one part of the game becomes extremely skewed and you have insane unbalance like in s8 when every caster was haste and it was damn near impossible to catch a mage casting anything with that much haste / icy up.

on topic though - got powershot the other night and i think it cracked my screen  :mellow:

edit : has anyone tried hunter mage =o?! powershot + shatter oh lawdddddd

Edited by kannetixx, 20 March 2013 - 04:51 PM.

US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#47 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

traps were hard to get once a time, and then blizzard made pet cc and the hunters rainbow was bright again.

#48 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

View Posthairpiece, on 20 March 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

people who think that just because my aj character says mage and assume that i'm a biased mage player who thinks mages suck and every other class is better are just retarded.  

good hunters will get off their cc, no matter if its counterable or not, just like good mages will, the only difference is, yours is instant cast, which is exactly what i said.  In a world of interrupts, instant cc is the strongest, which is one of the reasons mages were so dumb last season, and one of the reasons pom mages will be so dumb this season.

Hint:  I have a hunter alt and its ridiculously easy to cc people, its all about that cross cc that everyone talks about,and its really easy to do if you have a brain.

Ex: facing a warrior, instead of scatter trapping on cd, wait for him to safeguard, then disengage web scatter trap healer, or web stun warrior trap healer, etc etc etc.  

The better the enemy team gets the harder it gets to cc, everybody on the enemy team is just waiting to eat a trap. Also there are so many random stuns and instant ccs, it happens too often you get stunned right after you scatter and obv not hit your trap.
Tbh Id rather have an 8 second castable cc with no cd.

#49 Gimotqt

Gimotqt
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

View Posthairpiece, on 20 March 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

wait him to safeguard sounds legit

so is it op to get a 8s cc every 30s if u waste all ur other ccs to prevent countering? its like a mage deep someone with no trinket and misses poly oh snap i can cast it again (im playing 1vs3)

why arent top of the ladders full of hunters?
why is there 2x more mages?
do u still think kfc was so good cuz of hunters(not wars) and hunter was able to trap everyone cuz of his cc( shockwave warbringer stormbolt hoj yea hunters)

#50 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

View PostGimotqt, on 20 March 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

wait him to safeguard sounds legit

so is it op to get a 8s cc every 30s if u waste all ur other ccs to prevent countering? its like a mage deep someone with no trinket and misses poly oh snap i can cast it again (im playing 1vs3)

do u still think kfc was so good cuz of hunters(not wars) and hunter was able to trap everyone cuz of his cc( shockwave warbringer stormbolt hoj yea hunters)

i remember the last time when someone used the argument that hunters sucked

then a hunter won blizzcon

:/
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#51 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:43 AM

because the mage class is broken and soloing people in deeps.

that doesn't make powershot any less broken.

And also, I would assume there aren't a lot of hunters because people simply don't like playing pet classes.  Did you not see the blizzard statistics on the warlocks who were taking pet sac vs those who weren't (not only in pvp but in the entire game)?  For most of the people, the answer was that they did not like having to control a pet.

#52 Broxxy

Broxxy
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1706
  • 3v3: 2134

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 21 March 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

because the mage class is broken and soloing people in deeps.

that doesn't make powershot any less broken.

And also, I would assume there aren't a lot of hunters because people simply don't like playing pet classes.  Did you not see the blizzard statistics on the warlocks who were taking pet sac vs those who weren't (not only in pvp but in the entire game)?  For most of the people, the answer was that they did not like having to control a pet.

You would assume wrong. The class is the second most popular class after pallys. In the general population.of course. That is ..as you stated the entire game. People like the class. Havent liked to pvp with it as much till they made BM the go to spec. Also whatever fix to Powershot should be unlinking it  from BW. The additional damage from BW to all damage done is dumb and has been broken op since this xpac released. A straight up nerf would only hurt the few marks hunters that have waited since mop came out to actually play the spec.

Edited by Broxxy, 21 March 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#53 joaq

joaq
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Chromaggus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Assassination
  • Locationthe pits of hell

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

over 2200 in 3v3:
mage representation is 10,46%
hunters 9,13%

source http://www.arenamate.net/
if you post, at least post accurate info and no gut feelings

world's top 10: 5 teams have a hunter in them, i see 2 mages in top 10, you probably more?

#54 Thugonomics8

Thugonomics8
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

View PostLapeane, on 19 March 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

Hunter's powershot is fine. As a caster it's really easy to los it. 25% crit, without crit it hits for 70k. And you need to have all cds on (3 min on RF). Also 2+ sec cast. Is it op? Ok. vs stunners you won't even cast it. Mages doing 400k dmg on 1 deep every 30 sec is ok?

Powershot should be able to be kicked/spell locked, they it would be fine xD
Posted Image

#55 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostThugonomics8, on 21 March 2013 - 07:59 AM, said:

Powershot should be able to be kicked/spell locked, they it would be fine xD

Its called disarming the Hunter.

#56 Jokerplex

Jokerplex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/0/2/1/1

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

Ive been using powershot since it was released and its really unreliable. Damage wise.

Sometimes it hits completly reatrded and you dont even see the numbers show up, shit just dies, others it hits 40k. cool.

#57 Typh

Typh
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

most funniest thing is before mop (not sure about cata as i didnt play much ). they had 2 choices:

BM - no high crits, just a higher sustained damage as it was harder to avoid by LOS.
marks - more bursty, more control, able to LOS huge amounts of damage.

I mean if you look back from past seasons, hunters litreally had nothing.... deadzones, no silencing shot as bm, hard to setup traps ect...

they was going in the right direction by adding abit of control to hunters just because it was impossible to drop anything... then later on removing the deadzones so they can actually dps and then.......mop happened.

stampede...powershot... retarded pvp power bonuses ... blinkstike, retardedly high pet damage in general if your los of the hunter or not.( which in my opinion is huge, if your pet runs los behind a piller to try finish someone its fine because its just a pet and your not punished for bad positioning. If your any other class, running behind that piller could mean a fast switch to you and you could be globaled )

i mean what did blizzard expect? they gave them all that utility from past seasons creating a balence between there damage and control and then in mop they decide to give them the highest sustained damage in the game via NPC units, highest burst in the game, even more amazing peel from melee with webs. From my view it just seems completely retarded.

imo its ruined the skill cap of hunter comps completely. i can barely tell the difference between a bad hunter and a good hunter now days. when i used to play phd ages ago you used to actually have to think because of LOS/mass peels at the start on cooldowns. now you can litreally just pop every cooldown under the sun, be immune to every cc in the game at the start and generate unhealable amounts of damage regardless if the healer is cc'd or not.

but yeah that pretty much sums up mop in general. more cc and unhealable amounts of pressure

Edited by Typh, 21 March 2013 - 04:40 PM.

Posted Image

#58 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:40 AM

View PostJokerplex, on 21 March 2013 - 09:27 AM, said:

Ive been using powershot since it was released and its really unreliable. Damage wise.

Sometimes it hits completly reatrded and you dont even see the numbers show up, shit just dies, others it hits 40k. cool.

Yeah, i feel the same about it. Wouldn't mind nerfing the upper hand damage for more consistency.

#59 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostGrieverZ, on 21 March 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

Its called disarming the Hunter.
or stunning the hunter. or losing the hunter. or gripping the hunter or using any means besides a kick to stop a casted ability which are quite numerous  in this game. The list is quite long. And since we are not wizards and the only thing you can kick which I will not mention it is rarley ever used cause any player with a brain can avoid it. However, a mage who doesnt have to cast to much of anything silencing them is really all you have....
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#60 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

View Postdionim, on 20 March 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

traps were hard to get once a time, and then blizzard made pet cc and the hunters rainbow was bright again.

against a team with a brain and based off of composition of the teamyou have no ungodly idea what you have to do to get a trap off. Theres a reason we get pets with stuns roots disengage with webs etc.... Holy shit

Edited by Dagin, 21 March 2013 - 04:13 PM.

Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<