#41 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

Just play a comp where they can't train the priest . Mage lock priest or Mage boom kin priest comes to mind. Might not be top tier but we cares when you can have fun.

@happypie  Stop the qq, disc is  a lot better than last season. Find a shaman and go play some 5s and relax dude
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#42 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1744
  • 3v3: 2718
  • 5v5: 576

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:42 AM

Nature's guardian buff + battlemaster + heal or stoneform if ally.  That's a lot considering you can rotate trinket and stoneform if you're ally.  I don't think nor see how rsham can be considered weak.  

Three insanely good mobility talents root/frost root/freedom.  Two insane totem talents restore vs fear prep for double freedom or even double root totem.  Not to mention vs a spell cleave when you prep freedom you have another healing stream with 10% resist or another healing stream vs cleave when you prep root (if).

Healing tide being one shot is still insanely fucking stupid considering the duration of the cooldown.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#43 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • 2v2: 1744
  • 3v3: 2718
  • 5v5: 576

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

View PostSnuggli, on 17 March 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

Good post, I agree with nearly every single break down of the healers. I think Shamans should get totems back while being silenced and be nerfed elsewhere (maybe lose aura mastery?).

Your Paladin placement was amazing. It's horrible being stuck on 2 HP with Shock on CD, when 2-3 interrupts on the team are available.

Losing AM would be donkey.  Nerfing mastery when pvp power is active (nerfs arena, saves the pve) is the best balance for allowing shaman to cast totems whilst blanket silenced.

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#44 pripripriest

pripripriest
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/.
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

View PostDeeklol, on 18 March 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

Just play a comp where they can't train the priest . Mage lock priest or Mage boom kin priest comes to mind. Might not be top tier but we cares when you can have fun.

@happypie  Stop the qq, disc is  a lot better than last season. Find a shaman and go play some 5s and relax dude

you miss the point : nobody with a tiny bit of brain who want to play to compete at decent ratings wanna play with a disc priest. everyone and their mothers are lookin for a shammy or a pala. as a result you end up playin around 2.2k mmr with boring players and loose lot of games to bads who can't even chain ccs or get outplayed and still win. this is what i complain about: they simply ruined the game for disc priests players.

btw, probably a good buff to disc priests would be a massive nerf to shadow ones. fuck knows why shadows havent got nerfed .. but actually buffed. misteries
----------------
Hàppypiè©

"
The future... seems to me no unified dream but a mince pie, long in the baking, never quite done."
E. Young

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#45 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

View PostEvolute, on 16 March 2013 - 05:41 AM, said:

:priest: :priest: :priest:

They bring so much offensive utility to the table

no

Edited by Seu, 18 March 2013 - 05:39 AM.

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

View Postpripripriest, on 18 March 2013 - 04:06 AM, said:

you miss the point : nobody with a tiny bit of brain who want to play to compete at decent ratings wanna play with a disc priest. everyone and their mothers are lookin for a shammy or a pala. as a result you end up playin around 2.2k mmr with boring players and loose lot of games to bads who can't even chain ccs or get outplayed and still win. this is what i complain about: they simply ruined the game for disc priests players.

btw, probably a good buff to disc priests would be a massive nerf to shadow ones. fuck knows why shadows havent got nerfed .. but actually buffed. misteries

Stop saying everyone wants a paladin right now because they don't. Everything outside of PHDK is better with a shaman/priest/druid, then a paladin. I dont think paladins are bad, the things that counter us are just too good. Wizards being dominant means shaman are amazing and paladins not so much.

There are only like 3 holy paladins on the top 50 teams on bg9 right now, clearly we're SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER then priests.

And like someone pointed out earlier, shaman and druids are honestly being carried by shadowpriests right now, and too a lesser extent warlocks. Shadowpriest utility or demonic gateway seem almost mandatory for druids and shaman, but those are two classes Disc cant play with, but disc is still doing well right now. Overall, shaman are the best healers right now, but I think disc is a close second because what they do they generally do as the sole healer on the comp right now. Rmp/thug/ are both top tier comps, and there a quite a few other disc comps doing very well right now.

But you're a retard and you're going to break your keyboard and tell me how terrible priests are, that everything else is better, that you're an amazing player held back by your class, exc exc.

Edited by Radejjj, 18 March 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#47 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

Shaman > Priest > Pally/Druid > Monk

Aside shamans all are really close to each other, if you compare the class and not the comps.

And no guys, shaman dont need to cast totems when silenced...

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

View Postdionim, on 18 March 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Aside shamans all are really close to each other, if you compare the class and not the comps.

This is exactly what I think

#49 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

View Postdionim, on 18 March 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Agreed, but don't forget that Disc Priests are forever underdog and never a viable spec.

#50 Cyanne

Cyanne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination
  • RBG: 768

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

Paladins have to be the most RNG healers ever. Depending on procs you can be god mode and top someone 4 times in 10 seconds while using 20k mana or you can just watch them die while you try to fake cast...

Like somebody already mentioned: you get out of a cc with 1 hopo > HS crits > DL > 3 hopo > wog > add as many DP procs as u wish for = op healer that never casts.

Or get out of a cc and do a HS non crit > 2 hopo > start fake casting. Or you can do a 2hopo wog and pray to the rng gods for a DP proc.

This is also true with other healers seeing how crit works. You either top someone in 3 seconds or you can't handle the pressure and shit dies. For paladins it's just a double rng: crit + retarded procs.

Imo they should just reduce crit multiplier to 150% and buff sustained healing to make up for it. Maybe they could do the same thing with dmg because getting lucky and topping / killing someone in 3 globals isn't fun neither for the healer nor for the dpser,

(sorry for the off-topic rant)

On topic: around 2.2-2.4k mmr i've met mostly shamans, with some paladins and priests in between. Surprisingly few druids and i think i've only met 1 monk.

Disc seems strong-ish, and if their healing hasn't improved a lot it seems they have pretty solid mana now.

Shamans ...well nothing really changed, if you let them get 2 globals off someone gets topped, if you zerg them they just... flop.

Monks imo are sleeper op and tbh i see some mongoloid monk+rogue+dk/war/ret/hunter inc. Being stuck in a rop+smoke bomb and being unable to use you def cds or escapes.. ouch.

But you have to see the larger picture. A healer isn't powerful or weak in a vacuum. With the raise of spell cleaves priests will prolly take 2nd place from paladins while druids (and even shamans) will prolly grow in popularity.

#51 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

I wonder if giving paladins something like a inner focus mechanic would be good. They don't need more instants but they need something (beyond a 3m cooldown) to be able to actually get a FoL off (that will probably only heal for 40k : [ )

Posted Image

#52 Contrololold

Contrololold
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Priest is easily most OP healer

-Life swap some 0-100 np
-Mass dispel all CC / defensives from a mile away
-100k absorbs on everything that moves
-Life grip z-axis
-Psyfiend
-Not to mention disperse and crazy burst with DP

twitch.tv/xrags  -- streaming boomkin PoV:  dk/boom/rsham, mage/boom/rsham, rogue/boom/rsham, etc.

Sometimes resto / Mistweaver

#53 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2567
  • 3v3: 3226
  • 5v5: 2495
  • RBG: 2592

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

View Postpripripriest, on 18 March 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

a caster cleave is better with a pala cause auramastery u give others (+20% dmg)
do you know something i don't?

#54 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostContrololold, on 18 March 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

-Life swap some 0-100 np
-Life grip z-axis
-Psyfiend

Whoa didn't know disc priest can disperse and do crazy burst with DP. Going to trainer brb

#55 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

View PostContrololold, on 18 March 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

-Life swap some 0-100 np
-Life grip z-axis
-Psyfiend

:D

#56 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

View PostWallirik, on 18 March 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

do you know something i don't?

Nop he just has no clue about other classes =/

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

View Postpripripriest, on 18 March 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

i don't see anything but RMP being better with a priest. Take KFC. A melee cleave is just better with a pala for freedom, a caster cleave is better with a pala cause auramastery u give others (+20% dmg) and the fact you can team up with a shadow priest. If anything you just proved being  a massive retard. Who gives a fuck about yankee bg9 ? is it all ? I play in europe and we can't see arcane mages in cataclysm dominating 3v3 like Abni did over there. Now earn a fine Darwin Award and kill yourself. thanks

Why are you talking about KFC like it matters this season, Kittycleave/tsg are probably best with paladins too but all these of three are shit now. RMP and thug are both top tier comps and best with a priest. In before you say they're better with a shaman/druid/paladin because priests are terrible and Fuzionn and Hydra are hacking/carried by their partners

Edited by Radejjj, 18 March 2013 - 05:38 PM.

#58 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

Get em

#59 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

-Best healer damage: Gone
-Best defensive dispeller: Gone
-Offensive dispeller: Offensive dispel given to every dps class one by one
-Mana burn: Gone

The disc problem is that  the class became something completely dumb and boring, something with the complexity of an s2 holy paladin. It is a legit concern that there is no reason to bring a disc priest over another healer because the class doesn't offer anything special, if massdispel is not applicable and the other team is above 2.1k, one shotting psyfiend, there is no unique priest contribution to the game. Also being unable to play with a shadowpriest and losing to dk comps by default is huge. That's why I believe on the long run, priests will have tiny glad representation.

To help people process the situation: Imagine s11 shaman, logs into mop, grounding, shock and tremor are removed, hex has been given to all other healers and they can all decurse now, but shaman healing/regen is not properly adjusted so you have to skip s12. Now it's s13, they fixed healing and regen, you still miss tools that made you play the class, in exchange you can put feathers in arena.

Edited by Djandawg, 19 March 2013 - 01:43 AM.

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 19 March 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

-Best healer damage: Gone
-Best defensive dispeller: Gone
-Offensive dispeller: Offensive dispel given to every dps class one by one
-Mana burn: Gone

The disc problem is that  the class became something completely dumb and boring, something with the complexity of an s2 holy paladin. It is a legit concern that there is no reason to bring a disc priest over another healer because the class doesn't offer anything special, if massdispel is not applicable and the other team is above 2.1k, one shotting psyfiend, there is no unique priest contribution to the game. Also being unable to play with a shadowpriest and losing to dk comps by default is huge. That's why I believe on the long run, priests will have tiny glad representation.

To help people process the situation: Imagine s11 shaman, logs into mop, grounding, shock and tremor are removed, hex has been given to all other healers and they can all decurse now, but shaman healing/regen is not properly adjusted so you have to skip s12. Now it's s13, they fixed healing and regen, you still miss tools that made you play the class, in exchange you can put feathers in arena.

Except plenty of people are taking a priest because they're good?

Edited by Radejjj, 19 March 2013 - 02:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<