9 replies to this topic

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/2/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2573

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

as title say. cant decide myself, since i was told the 40% buff to nether tempest is live in pvp aswell, unlike bomb that was like 4.99999999999 % buff (5%) in pvp or something

and do you guys still preffer mastery over haste with bomb? or did i miss something (last time i played with bomb was 5.0) or all haste > mastery > crit now?

Edit: might just ask do you guys preffer blazing speed over pom as frost?, myself i love blazing :D soaking trap like a boss even easier now xD, since ring takes 2sec to activate you might just cast it anyways..

Edited by Zerlog, 15 March 2013 - 03:08 AM.

#2 Spinmove

Spinmove

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

I choose my talents based on what team I'm facing.

If it's a KFC or melee team that could potentially train me all game, I'm going to choose NT to avoid having to cast. If it's a spellcleave or a team with minimal ways of interrupting casts then I'll choose FB.

Same goes for POM or Speed. Speed is definitely nice against cleave teams that will train a mage though I'm still partial to having the ability to instantly polymorph the healer, I've started switching it up based on comp.

I've also started using Frostjaw vs. caster teams as another silence / way to stop dmg and set up dmg, and using ice ward vs melee teams (helps a lot when you can give a ranged nova to your teammate while you go do something else).
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

View PostSpinmove, on 15 March 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

I choose my talents based on what team I'm facing.

If it's a KFC or melee team that could potentially train me all game, I'm going to choose NT to avoid having to cast. If it's a spellcleave or a team with minimal ways of interrupting casts then I'll choose FB.

Same goes for POM or Speed. Speed is definitely nice against cleave teams that will train a mage though I'm still partial to having the ability to instantly polymorph the healer, I've started switching it up based on comp.

I've also started using Frostjaw vs. caster teams as another silence / way to stop dmg and set up dmg, and using ice ward vs melee teams (helps a lot when you can give a ranged nova to your teammate while you go do something else).

yeah you got a point, and choosing nt/bomb of team is basic, but i meant in general?, and the frostjaw might actually be good & also tried it in a few games, seems to break of anything asap and since i dont have pom anyways (blazing so sick!) but ofc if its a caster only team where i have no need for a sprint, pom is better i give you that and is iceward really that good? i thought it shared DR with novas? might actually be good, but what when it comes to reforge? i guess Haste is better if your having a bad day with melee teams training you, but if you dont meet one then mastery is gna be more valuable

ps extremly helpful post +rep! :)

Edited by Zerlog, 15 March 2013 - 04:00 AM.

#4 Spinmove

Spinmove

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

If you're looking for which bomb would be overall better, I think at this point (with the current buffs) that you can't go wrong with Nether Tempest.

Ice Ward does share DR I believe, but I've found it useful if not only for your teammates. I can give Ice Ward to my healer while I'm across the map doing something else giving him his own nova to kite away from whoever is training him. It's definitely worked out well so far. I think RoF could still become useful but I've just been playing with some of the other talents since the nerf.

Also, I think mastery is better in every situation. Haste may make it feel better for you when casting but mastery will always come out on top when it comes to pure damage.
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:13 AM

View PostSpinmove, on 15 March 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

If you're looking for which bomb would be overall better, I think at this point (with the current buffs) that you can't go wrong with Nether Tempest.

Ice Ward does share DR I believe, but I've found it useful if not only for your teammates. I can give Ice Ward to my healer while I'm across the map doing something else giving him his own nova to kite away from whoever is training him. It's definitely worked out well so far. I think RoF could still become useful but I've just been playing with some of the other talents since the nerf.

Also, I think mastery is better in every situation. Haste may make it feel better for you when casting but mastery will always come out on top when it comes to pure damage.

I see, will def try out ice ward!

uhm i thought haste was better with all those melee comps, since faster nt ticks faster procs? on ptr as troll using icy viens + berserk nether tempest gave a frostfire almost of global sometimes, but will def try out mastery with nethertempest, cheers once again for the awesome post :D

#6 affix

affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

ice ward is great and does not share DR with frost nova/freeze.  I'm using Frostjaw more and more though.  I don't see a huge reason to use frost bomb when you can Frostjaw->Frostbolt->DF->Frostbolt for huge burst, on top of massive NT spread pressure.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

View Postaffix, on 15 March 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

ice ward is great and does not share DR with frost nova/freeze.  I'm using Frostjaw more and more though.  I don't see a huge reason to use frost bomb when you can Frostjaw->Frostbolt->DF->Frostbolt for huge burst, on top of massive NT spread pressure.

yeah was testing it today as Destro MLS, its insane, just put it up on your healer when the rogue steps him, or put it on yourself if you used nova on something stupid or somthing else

#8 Moosex

Moosex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/0/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

View Postaffix, on 15 March 2013 - 09:38 PM, said:

I'd Like to get off 3 casts in arena too

Too bad we are playing World of EveryClassHas20000InterruptsCraft

Edited by Moosex, 15 March 2013 - 11:17 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Scudy22

Scudy22
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/2/2/0/.
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

nah moose, i dont need to cast, since shaman has an instant cast heal every minute and an eartshield that takes ages to purge and so much cover. i find it fine how it is.
Giving free private lessons for every signup on http://www.skill-capped.com/#1076!

#10 Moosex

Moosex
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/2/2/0/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:51 AM

View PostScudy22, on 16 March 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

nah moose, i dont need to cast, since shaman has an instant cast heal every minute and an eartshield that takes ages to purge and so much cover. i find it fine how it is.

big fatty :3
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<