• Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:29 AM

View PostTosan, on 17 March 2013 - 02:52 AM, said:

I dunno about that though Nada, games like SC2 don't have anything to motivate people besides gameplay + rating.  

One could argue that games like SC2 attract a different type of player whereas an MMO would attract those who like character progression, but that can't really be proven until tested imo.

2 points:

1. HotS added levelling and stuff, fake progression to make people want to play it more.
2. SC2 ladder isn't that popular.

#82 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

View PostNadagast, on 17 March 2013 - 03:29 AM, said:

2 points:

1. HotS added levelling and stuff, fake progression to make people want to play it more.
2. SC2 ladder isn't that popular.

1. Didn't know about those.
2. But if the game itself is popular what does ladder matter?  That just means they play the game off the ladder which means they don't even care about the rating incentive, ya?

#83 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

People who use gear progression in World of Warcraft PvP should really just be raiding.

#84 Dakkrothy

Dakkrothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2484

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

I like the way gear works, but for the love of god and everything else that is made up - A new season should be a NEW start, and the gear SHOULD have a full reset.

Especially weapons :mad:

Having 2 alts atm that wont touch 3s/5s before the 27k points gearpoint

At least we have rbgs to carry alts ;D

Edited by Dakkrothy, 17 March 2013 - 04:00 AM.

#85 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

View PostTosan, on 17 March 2013 - 03:37 AM, said:

1. Didn't know about those.
2. But if the game itself is popular what does ladder matter?  That just means they play the game off the ladder which means they don't even care about the rating incentive, ya?

@ #2: the game is popular because of single player, watching pros, and custom games, not because everyone plays ladder.

Again, I'm not saying I like the fact that the honor gear is so low ilvl, I'm only arguing against the idea that there should be no gear at all in arenas.

Edited by Nadagast, 17 March 2013 - 04:16 AM.

#86 Tist

Tist

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

i'm so pumped to play rbgs all season so i can be competitive in arena

said no one ever

#87 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

I really agree with what Nadagast is saying.  I really like the whole MMO and progression aspect of my character.  I like to feel like I'm getting meaningful upgrades and that my character will remain strong relevant to the content I'm doing.  I really don't think the arena gameplay by itself is very compelling.  I certainly wouldn't sub just to play only arena.

I've been doing PvP on one character very consistently since mid/late December and that character is still considered behind in gear, even after the season ended.  If I would have played the 4 months leading up to that point instead of these past 4 months, I would be current in gear.

Basically if you didn't get ahead of the ballgame or get an insane RBG cap, you aren't allowed to have equal gear to anybody over 1700 for another 3 months.  And lord knows you had better repent for your grave mistake of ignoring RBG's, or else you are doomed to an eternity of being undergeared.

The first few months of the expansion were a very holy and sacred few months.  If you began playing after those months had past, I am sorry but you are unworthy.  That's the message Blizzard is sending.  My time investment now is worth less than someone else's time investment at the start of the expansion.  No matter what I do, no matter how much time I spend playing, I am not allowed to be equal with somebody that played during the first few sacred holy months.

Praise be to those who played during those first few months.  May they always be the best geared in the game.

#88 Ragingsteer

Ragingsteer
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

The system they used in TBC, while certainly not perfect, was undeniably popular.  That would be an easy place to start.

I still think they need to bring back the 2s bracket with some form of rewards and titles.  If they want to get people interested in pvp again, 2s is the place it all starts.
wtb D3

#89 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

i guess i was pretty vague in my post but this game is a MMO... if they just handed gear out to players and told them have at it then the same would have to be done in PvE .. give everyone the best gear possible and let them go try heroics day in and day out.. that will never ever happen.

edit : how exactly am i retarded lol the only gear advantage i have over anyone is the person who bots their fresh 90 with greens ... anyone doing arena right now at a decent mmr has the same gear equivalent.

Edited by kannetixx, 17 March 2013 - 11:08 AM.

US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#90 Dylon187

Dylon187
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

View Postkannetixx, on 17 March 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

i guess i was pretty vague in my post but this game is a MMO... if they just handed gear out to players and told them have at it then the same would have to be done in PvE .. give everyone the best gear possible and let them go try heroics day in and day out.. that will never ever happen.

edit : how exactly am i retarded lol the only gear advantage i have over anyone is the person who bots their fresh 90 with greens ... anyone doing arena right now at a decent mmr has the same gear equivalent.

Seriously dude cmon... This new season is fucking dumb. How the fuck is old season gear gonna be better then the new season gear? friend heard they were just gonna strip 2/2 off the malev. that way they make it more balanced.

Edited by Dylon187, 17 March 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#91 Snipin

Snipin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/0/0/1/1

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

View Postkannetixx, on 17 March 2013 - 11:04 AM, said:

You are not even fully geared.

Since I wasn't active in season 12, now everybody has (unobtainable) 390k health while I am stuck with 370k.
It wouldn't even bother me if I could catch up.

View PostDylon187, on 17 March 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

Seriously dude cmon... This new season is fucking dumb. How the fuck is old season gear gonna be better then the new season gear? friend heard they were just gonna strip 2/2 off the malev. that way they make it more balanced.

That would be nice.

Edited by Snipin, 17 March 2013 - 02:15 PM.

#92 Vexo

Vexo
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 2/2/2/0/0/2

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostRagingsteer, on 17 March 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

I still think they need to bring back the 2s

Or add a 4s bracket :)

#93 Keiret

Keiret
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostEvolute, on 17 March 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

Yeah, they've said time and time and time again that there needs to be some kind of incentive to get people to play. And believe it or not, there ARE PEOPLE who play ONLY TO GET GEAR in PVP. It's a shocking idea, to not care for competitive rewards, I know. I have a friend who is like this, who literally doesn't care for mounts or titles, and said he would hate it and would quit if they just made all gear available.

Pretty sure the vast majority in this player group only play RBGs. As of now, gear has almost nothing to do with a players incentive to play arena.

#94 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

i really miss TBC system

i know and i agree that losing games because of gear is sad.

but at bc, every piece of gear you get, you felt better like going chest > last season weap > last season shoulder > actual season shoulder and etc...

imo it should be back, because its a MMO you're proud of what you have, but i also think the diferente should be minimal, just like it was in tbc (s3 weap was still really good even against s4 weap) or more minimal diference, even like nothing just other name and visual, but there should be something that make you proud for having your toon.

i rather having a nice looking gear than a tittle

Edited by dionim, 17 March 2013 - 09:16 PM.

#95 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1775
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2415
  • RBG: 2376

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

seeing people running around in a mix of s1 s2 and s3 gear during s4 was silly... still, they were able to compete even in that gear

#96 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

View PostSmooviex, on 17 March 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

seeing people running around in a mix of s1 s2 and s3 gear during s4 was silly... still, they were able to compete even in that gear

People only wore that because they didnt know better.  At min most people were running around in full S2 gear because that was for honor in S4.

#97 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

i remember back then in tbc every time you would mention gear people call you noob and say that pvp is only about skill and not about gear at all.

i guess they wanted all kids to keep their bought t2 and have one more reason to play?

#98 hekumzx

hekumzx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1744
  • 3v3: 2718
  • 5v5: 576

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

View Postkannetixx, on 14 March 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

that is the entire point of this season they said it from the get go why are people honestly even surprised?

they rewarded players who stuck with the game despite it being worse and worse .. if you think that your honor gear should be better or even close to my 2/2 upgrades with the amount of conq / time i spent putting into it you should probably just go back to not playing anymore.

Cool you want to come back thats awesome - grind it like the rest of us until you get tyrannical.

good read would read again

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

Posted Image

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#99 Veev

Veev
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1928

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

I think gear progression is a good thing (and the arena/PvP community would be drastically smaller without it, despite what many people claim they want) -- but -- a periodic clean slate in terms of gear is also a very good method to revive interest.

Being just one weapon behind was, IMO, acceptable... you got a clean slate in terms of armor, so your gear was viable enough to be able to compete and tough it out for a month while you waited for a new weapon.  But now returning players and alts will be behind for months, and they're hopelessly unable to compete against the geared players.

#100 Snackumz

Snackumz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

i geared alts thinking i was going to have fun playing things aside from just warlock this season. jk you get like 15000 spellpower in full honor gear compared to ~22k with last season 2/2 heheh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<