• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:00 PM

View Postxvee, on 14 March 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

i felt like personally in wrath gear wasn't as huge as a deal as it is now. literally you cannot compete with honor gear, you just get trucked..

You're wrong... remember rmp, tsg and beastcleave?
Posted Image

#42 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:12 PM

so tired of brain damaged bliz.
why should the performance of a last season affect new season at all
fucking joke

#43 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostConradical, on 14 March 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

I don't understand this argument. Why would you want to just dominate people that can't compete at near the same level? Do other competitive games force you to be stuck behind for months before you are finally able to do a fraction of the damage of the people that played in the previous season?

Your Tyrannical grind is going to be MUCH easier than those that started again this season.

View PostZaephyr, on 11 March 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

Honestly who cares if people spent a season gearing up - they geared up for that season.

Do the people in full t2 honestly want to fight people in shit gear and just stomp them for a few weeks to get high rated? Where's the fun in that, i'd want to fight people in equal gear.

where's my 11 rep??
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#44 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

i do not agree with it, actually i dont agree with having to get points to get gear (you should just buy with gold or free) and be full gear in couple minutes (not 2 months, and you should not buy enchants/gems too, it should be free)

but you guys gotta understand that the point of this game (or any other MMORPG) is that you will have to earn what you want, this game isnt a e-sport mostly because its a mmorpg, they make blizzcon with a tournament realm for a reason, because it will not be competitive in live. (at tournaments you should win because of your skills, not because of your time spend) but class have influence at your performance so even at TR the game being an mmorpg fucks the balance.

you guys can cry a river, they will not change that, having to earn you stuff, its the core and main reason of an mmorpg

the mistake blizzard did, was those fucking upgrades, at wrath the diference between wrath > furious was 1600 arena points (shoulder for example) now is 3100 arenapoints, they reward people twice as much they did at previous season, because of the bad ideia of upgrades.

they will always reward people that spend more time in the game, but im glad they are making you spend less time to get your stuff, so next season that diference wont be huge as it is now.

Edited by dionim, 14 March 2013 - 02:20 PM.

• Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2214

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostApplejackxD, on 14 March 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

You're wrong... remember rmp, tsg and beastcleave?

I don't understand where you are going with this. In Wrath, you could easily get decent/good ratings with gear from prior seasons because the stat difference wasn't such an absurd amount it put you at a disadvantage like now. You could still win games against high rated teams, and that's the point.

#46 Askin

Askin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 2233

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Even though i don't like the gear disparity at the start of a season, especially for new players, I like the concept of being rewarded if you are consistent. If I want my alts to be geared next season, I will do a few 2s games every week this season, so I don't have to moan about the disparity in 5 months. It's no secret that the game works like this and it seems to be ok, as long as the majority of players have fun playing the game.

Edited by Askin, 14 March 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#47 Alemecia

Alemecia
  • Junkies

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

View Postkannetixx, on 14 March 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

that is the entire point of this season they said it from the get go why are people honestly even surprised?

they rewarded players who stuck with the game despite it being worse and worse .. if you think that your honor gear should be better or even close to my 2/2 upgrades with the amount of conq / time i spent putting into it you should probably just go back to not playing anymore.

Cool you want to come back thats awesome - grind it like the rest of us until you get tyrannical.

You're missing the point - the point of PvP in WoW is not to acquire gear by playing a lot, it is to win by playing well. The time you put into "grinding" your 2/2 Malev gear was not to acquire gear, it was to climb the ladder in arenas (or RBGs if that's your thing, whatever) and get better.

#48 snackbacon

snackbacon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2437

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Since I quit early in s12 and didn't get all the gear/upgrades, I guess I'll get to compete in s13 in about.... 3-4 months! Fun!

#49 Omglockzorx

Omglockzorx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 2284

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

View Postkannetixx, on 14 March 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

that is the entire point of this season they said it from the get go why are people honestly even surprised?

they rewarded players who stuck with the game despite it being worse and worse .. if you think that your honor gear should be better or even close to my 2/2 upgrades with the amount of conq / time i spent putting into it you should probably just go back to not playing anymore.

Cool you want to come back thats awesome - grind it like the rest of us until you get tyrannical.
So you're saying you enjoy playing the game when you have an advantage? that's just retarded. Why wouldn't you want the season to be as balanced as possible from the begining? Besides, i remember seasons where the honor gear that was avaiable were better than the arena gear from the previous season. Ofc this is dumb.

#50 Alpharion

Alpharion
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1617
  • 3v3: 1841
  • RBG: 1410

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

The solution seems obvious...new season honor gear equals last seasons fully upgraded conquest gear. The reward for playing last season is not mindlessly having to grind an entire set of honor gear. Then everyone is happy, new people are not at an ilvl disadvantage and people that played previous season get to enjoy a week of war games or whatever they find fun in game.

Also Blizz should just use an ilvl penalty for pvp gear in LFR to force pve folks to gear up in pve content.

#51 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

as i said before,dont cry that much, they will never give you the same gear as people have for playing the previous season...

i just hope they never introduce upgrades again, it was what really ruined the gear.

#52 snackbacon

snackbacon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2437

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

View Postdionim, on 14 March 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

as i said before,dont cry that much, they will never give you the same gear as people have for playing the previous season...

i just hope they never introduce upgrades again, it was what really ruined the gear.

Except being able to upgrade gear last season is what made the disparity so large. As someone previously stated, the gear available for honor should equal last season's gear.

#53 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

View Postsnackbacon, on 14 March 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

Except being able to upgrade gear last season is what made the disparity so large. As someone previously stated, the gear available for honor should equal last season's gear.

View Postdionim, on 14 March 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

i do not agree with it, actually i dont agree with having to get points to get gear (you should just buy with gold or free) and be full gear in couple minutes (not 2 months, and you should not buy enchants/gems too, it should be free)

but you guys gotta understand that the point of this game (or any other MMORPG) is that you will have to earn what you want, this game isnt a e-sport mostly because its a mmorpg, they make blizzcon with a tournament realm for a reason, because it will not be competitive in live. (at tournaments you should win because of your skills, not because of your time spend) but class have influence at your performance so even at TR the game being an mmorpg fucks the balance.

you guys can cry a river, they will not change that, having to earn you stuff, its the core and main reason of an mmorpg

the mistake blizzard did, was those fucking upgrades, at wrath the diference between wrath > furious was 1600 arena points (shoulder for example) now is 3100 arenapoints, they reward people twice as much they did at previous season, because of the bad ideia of upgrades.

they will always reward people that spend more time in the game, but im glad they are making you spend less time to get your stuff, so next season that diference wont be huge as it is now.

#54 ripprape93

ripprape93
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 576

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

the new honor gear has more pvp power and resil then tyrannical....

#55 Alemecia

Alemecia
  • Junkies

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

View Postripprape93, on 14 March 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

the new honor gear has more pvp power and resil then tyrannical....

1. *than
2. which amounts to jack shit because of the way pvp power and resil scale.

#56 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Blizzard needs to get the "we dont wanna have different abilities and such between pve and pvp" idea out of their head. The game is never going to work for both pvp and pve at the same time because they are vastly different games.

Big example: Nether tempest buff by 40% to increase pve effectiveness results in a retarded pvp buff making any mage similar to an affliction lock with retard strength burst.

If they don't want people to bring honor gear into LFR just don't let them que for it and grey it out inside the instance. They are so liberal with making things have different effects for pvp it makes me sick.

Upgrades should've never happened and they would be no problem here, they need to hotfix the new honor gear up to like 489 or something so the people who did waste their time grinding upgrades get something out of it.

Edited by Filthpig, 14 March 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#57 Sania

Sania
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2154
  • 3v3: 2203
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1852
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

View PostConradical, on 14 March 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

I don't understand this argument. Why would you want to just dominate people that can't compete at near the same level? Do other competitive games force you to be stuck behind for months before you are finally able to do a fraction of the damage of the people that played in the previous season?

Your Tyrannical grind is going to be MUCH easier than those that started again this season.
GET CONRAD'D ON!
Posted Image
I may know of a secret picture of Bigmorans ass, okay maybe not secret.

#58 Toitles

Toitles
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Wyrmrest Accord
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1748
  • 3v3: 2115
  • 5v5: 864
  • RBG: 1754
  • LocationOAKLAND CITY REPRESENT

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

I feel like not having to grind honor would be a pretty good reward for having played through the last season.  And like, having had a chance to compete last season for the titles that only exist for the next season--those seem like a pretty good reward too!

But no, you need a long term gear advantage, I guess.

affix said:

The #1 sign that your thread was unnecessary is if the you can copy+paste the thread title in to google, hit 'I'm feeling lucky', and get your answer

#59 Affect

Affect
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostPitiless, on 14 March 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

If you like the model of time invested = gear = skill you should probably just PVE

well said!

#60 Ayume

Ayume
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/1
  • RBG: 2316

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

I know people have been saying this since BC, but why is it again we can't all just have a set of pvp gear that's equivalent for every class, that just you automatically get when you zone into arena. Naturally you can still transmog, gem, and reforge it, but this eliminates the kannetixx's running around frostbombing people for their entire life because they happened to play the previous season.

I understand that they want people to strive for gear to keep subs, but I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say that we don't give a shit about gear, not only would this make balancing classes easier since damage wouldn't fluctuate every season, but I'm fairly certain they would gain more/retain more subs by letting more people do arena with full gear easily. Rather than new pve players joining an arena match and dying instantly to some dumb bm hunter who did literally his entire life in one hit(see below for dumb bm hunter globaling pve noob).

tldr gear shouldn't exist in arena

Posted Image
www.twitch.tv/ayumus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<