#21 Renn

Renn
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:57 AM

yes in wrath gear wasnt as big of a deal.  you could get like 2300-2400 naked in 2s if you wanted.

#22 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:00 AM

View PostSmooviex, on 14 March 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

it's actually impossible to even compete when you're in honor gear vs 2/2 malevolent gear/weap... you're not able to play if you're just coming back

that is the entire point of this season they said it from the get go why are people honestly even surprised?

they rewarded players who stuck with the game despite it being worse and worse .. if you think that your honor gear should be better or even close to my 2/2 upgrades with the amount of conq / time i spent putting into it you should probably just go back to not playing anymore.

Cool you want to come back thats awesome - grind it like the rest of us until you get tyrannical.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#23 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:04 AM

There is no gear disparity in Starcraft 2.

#24 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

The season is already fucked up for players with 476 honor gear, 491 players are gonna rush a rating easy mode by owning undergeared teams and they will camp on glad.
The first month of a season is really important, the glad/r1 ladder is already set for the season during this time. Queues are very active.

In 2/3 months (time required to have equivalent gear) there will be no one queuing like always and it's gonna be pretty hard to push a rating properly because of that.

So yeah, if you have 476 gear, you should stop the game til next season and see if they repeat the same misstake :)

enjoy

#25 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1775
  • 3v3: 2872
  • 5v5: 2415
  • RBG: 2376

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostSalutations, on 14 March 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

The season is already fucked up for players with 476 honor gear, 491 players are gonna rush a rating easy mode by owning undergeared teams and they will camp on glad.
The first month of a season is really important, the glad/r1 ladder is already set for the season during this time. Queues are very active.

In 2/3 months (time required to have equivalent gear) there will be no one queuing like always and it's gonna be pretty hard to push a rating properly because of that.

So yeah, if you have 476 gear, you should stop the game til next season and see if they repeat the same misstake :)

enjoy

isnt there some mmr change now to compensate against that?

#26 Shrunkex

Shrunkex
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2296

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:25 AM

View Postkannetixx, on 14 March 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

if you think that your honor gear should be better or even close to my 2/2 upgrades with the amount of conq / time i spent putting into it you should probably just go back to not playing anymore.

This !

#27 Vioz

Vioz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2215

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

if you think that your honor gear should be better or even close to my 2/2 upgrades with the amount of conq / time i spent putting into it you should probably just go back to not playing anymore.

Cool you want to come back thats awesome - grind it like the rest of us until you get tyrannical.

Asking for fairness in arena is blasphemy! It should always be gear > skill right? right guys?

#28 Conradical

Conradical
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/0/2/.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

I don't understand this argument. Why would you want to just dominate people that can't compete at near the same level? Do other competitive games force you to be stuck behind for months before you are finally able to do a fraction of the damage of the people that played in the previous season?

Your Tyrannical grind is going to be MUCH easier than those that started again this season.

#29 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

that is the entire point of this season they said it from the get go why are people honestly even surprised?

they rewarded players who stuck with the game despite it being worse and worse .. if you think that your honor gear should be better or even close to my 2/2 upgrades with the amount of conq / time i spent putting into it you should probably just go back to not playing anymore.

Do you really have so little confidence in yourself that you desire an item/stat advantage?  I never understood this mentality; stating you don't think people should start a season on an even playing field is almost exactly the same as saying "I want every unfair advantage I can get to compete because I'm not confident in my ability to play better than others to win".

Maybe that's just me.......

with the amount of conq / time i spent putting into it

My favorite part........as if it cost you something to get that.  Conq / time?  Conquest points are something you get from simply playing the game, which you are doing for fun in the first place; you'd do it without a reward as long as you can play arenas, right?  

And "time".......you'd be spending that regardless, it's not like you invested it specifically for an advantage, you spent the time playing arenas for fun anyway, the gear came along as a free additional prize.

You act like you bent over backwards to get 2/2 upgraded gear, when in reality you just got it for free for doing something you were already going to do.  

Always baffled when I read comments like this tbh.

#30 Ragingsteer

Ragingsteer
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostNitric, on 14 March 2013 - 04:25 AM, said:

you guys are idiots. the extra 700 resil and pvp power clearly make up for the loss of 30k health, 1k primary stat, and a bunch of secondary stats.

learn 2 play noobs

You mean the 700 pvp power doesn't make up for the ~5,500 spell power I'm missing?!?

Seriously, I can't believe they even tried to claim the stats were going to balance out.  They know most of us are beyond preschool math, right?
wtb D3

#31 Hyuru

Hyuru
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2237
  • LocationNOT EVEN EU

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

you're a retard

#32 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

They really have no clue what they're doing with pvp gear... can't we just have TBC/Woltk system back? Please?

#33 Coldizzle

Coldizzle
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1245
  • 3v3: 2285
  • RBG: 2003

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

lol you are really retard

Edited by Coldizzle, 14 March 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#34 Cyanne

Cyanne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination
  • RBG: 768

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostGrieverZ, on 14 March 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

They really have no clue what they're doing with pvp gear... can't we just have TBC/Woltk system back? Please?

You do realize that in tbc / wotlk the gear disparity was even bigger since wou could only get 2 season old gear for honor?

I think you mean cata.. when the honor gear was better than last season gear.

I'm not siding with their decision but i'm surprised how many ppl haven't realized they are playing a mmo even after 7 years.  Gear is always goin to mater since it is an important part of character progression after the level cap. You might like it or not but that's how it always was and i'm ready to bet that's how it will remain.

If you are into "super fair and competitive" games i suggest looking elsewhere because that tag will never suit a decent mmo.

#35 Ragingsteer

Ragingsteer
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Feral Combat

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

Except the stat point

View PostCyanne, on 14 March 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

You do realize that in tbc / wotlk the gear disparity was even bigger since wou could only get 2 season old gear for honor?

I think you mean cata.. when the honor gear was better than last season gear.

I'm not siding with their decision but i'm surprised how many ppl haven't realized they are playing a mmo even after 7 years.  Gear is always goin to mater since it is an important part of character progression after the level cap. You might like it or not but that's how it always was and i'm ready to bet that's how it will remain.

If you are into "super fair and competitive" games i suggest looking elsewhere because that tag will never suit a decent mmo.

Except the stat point amounts didn't have anywhere near the difference that we're seeing now.  The difference between honor gear and season gear wasn't nearly as dramatic as this.  You could get 2200 in fucking blues if you were good, never mind if you had actual honor gear.  Now it's like you aren't even playing the same game if you're using honor gear.
wtb D3

#36 Pitiless

Pitiless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2204

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

If you like the model of time invested = gear = skill you should probably just PVE

#37 Salutations

Salutations
  • Mugènleßoss
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Culte de la Rive noire
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

In MoP, gear is very important if you want to be competitive in arena compared to tbc/wotlk.
There is a 3500 spell/35k pv pool difference between honor gear and 491 upgrade, no matter how good you are, it changes everything

Edited by Salutations, 14 March 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#38 Vadren

Vadren
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skullcrusher
  • Ruin
  • Talents:

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

Also in TBC (and wrath maybe?) only the 5 set pieces and weapon came from arena. All the off pieces/trinket were honor gear and lower ilvl. I don't think they even upgraded trinket every season.
Vadren#1175

#39 Cres

Cres
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

I feel like I say this every expansion but once again gear has not mattered as much as it does now in MoP.

#40 Alpharion

Alpharion
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1617
  • 3v3: 1841
  • RBG: 1410

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

The point of competitive PvP is to showcase individual skill not to act as a gear check. Sure it's an mmo reward those that play from the start of a given season but it makes no sense to not reset the playing field at the beginning of each season. That is a PvE mentality (gear checks in raids etc.) being forced on the PvP community.

Sure the best players will eventually rise to the top but its not much fun feeling like every game is an uphill battle because you simply didn't play the previous season....it's no wonder participation is declining.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<