• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#61 Dreamwalkerx

Dreamwalkerx
  • Junkies

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Dk's all over my face

Edit: aaaand getting kitet all day long, everyday of my life

Edited by Dreamwalkerx, 14 March 2013 - 06:40 PM.

#62 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 14 March 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

Are you saying that, disc has better or equal healing cooldowns and defensives to holy pala?
Being exempt from school locks due to instant healing, having amazing healing cooldowns/output + double blessings is too much when you have repentance. Lose some healing faceroll or cc, but you can't have everything,. otherwise, there is no need for other healers. i.e %80 representation by shaman + paladin healers in s12.
And you won't go back to cata, just look at what you gained this expansion, it's retarded good. Same principle applies to resto shamans.

Actually yes Disc does have equal or better tools compared to Paladins.  Tons of instant healing/absorbs, amazing cooldowns (45 second cd aura mastery anyone?), fantastic utility through life swap/mass dispel, offensive dispel, and two short cooldown instant CC's through Psyfiend/Psychic Scream.  Psychic scream is AoE even.

On top of that Disc Priest mana doesn't instantly run out like it used to.  There's a reason you are seeing a lot more Disc this season than you did last season.  Their throughput and mana efficiency is now on par with the other healers, so the rest of their utility can shine.

And you think Repentance/Blind is a problem?  Now that it has a cast time for holy, you will very rarely see it used in 3's.  The same thing goes for Repentance as well really, if you're getting Repented by a Holy Paladin you should either watch your positioning better or more likely just tell your team to switch to the Paladin.  After Trinket/Bubble they will die in a single stun if your DPS is any good.

I'm sure Disc has it's problems too, and I'm not saying they're vastly superior to Paladins, but you really don't have any room to complain about Holy Paladin CC or utility as a Disc Priest.

#63 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostNightmonkey, on 14 March 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

Actually yes Disc does have equal or better tools compared to Paladins.  Tons of instant healing/absorbs

You kinda lost me there. Discs have barely any at all instant healing. That's their problem. Topping people off as a disc is extremely difficult against any decent team while every other healer has tools to top up their teammates. All discs have are absorbs/damage reduction cds.

Edited by Virent, 14 March 2013 - 08:46 PM.

Posted Image

#64 kazuhmeer

kazuhmeer
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 2148
  • RBG: 1849

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostVirent, on 14 March 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

You kinda lost me there. Discs have barely any at all instant healing. That's their problem. Topping people off as a disc is extremely difficult against any decent team while every other healer has tools to top up their teammates. All discs have are absorbs/damage reduction cds.

Disc only falls behind once someone does actually get low, the thing is getting someone low against a disc.  Most games I've seen against disc priests are thug and someone dies in the opener before spirit shell falls, or the pressure is so insane that you are incredibly far ahead. The issue with disc is you don't have to cast in the open if you have a brain.

Say you're team overextends, throw shield/pom/renew, pom glyphed heals for insane amounts.  Still they are getting raped, tell them to fall behind a pillar so you can spirit shell LOS off any CS's or CC's in general.  If you still fucked that up somehow, use the 45s aura mastery to make sure they are fine.  

The reason paladins are so middle of the road is sac/freedom get dispelled almost instantly against any good players, and they have no worthwhile healing while cc'd.  Healing stream, disc instants, earthshield, shit like that.  With damage as insane as it is now, if you fall behind once the other team just throws every instant CC at a paladin, DR'd to .2s or not, just to keep from casting a heal.

#65 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 14 March 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

Are you saying that, disc has better or equal healing cooldowns and defensives to holy pala?
Being exempt from school locks due to instant healing, having amazing healing cooldowns/output + double blessings is too much when you have repentance. Lose some healing faceroll or cc, but you can't have everything,. otherwise, there is no need for other healers. i.e %80 representation by shaman + paladin healers in s12.
And you won't go back to cata, just look at what you gained this expansion, it's retarded good. Same principle applies to resto shamans.

Paladins have always had really strong throughput, and now we have really strong instants, but that's balanced by the fact that we have basically zero reactive healing, eternal flame ticks for 7k. When we're not cc'd, nothings going to die and thats how its always been, but someone dies in a blanket silence because every bit of our healing stops. And so far this season I've been being trained more by none rmp's then I can ever remember, anything with a mage is always looking to kill me, but now half the melee cleaves just tunnel me into the ground and eventually I get put into a full stun and die because, assuming it isn't purged, my eternal flame is ticking on myself for like 12k...wooo. Outside of bubble paladins have TERRIBLE survivability, and with mass dispels .3 second cast time its, unless you can blanket the priest its gone instantly. I can pre wall deep freezes, 40% less damage+70% resil, and STILL be taken from 100-0.

tldr: Stop bitching, every healer has strengths and weaknesses, but look at the ladders, all four are being represented at the top level already, all four have multiple viable comps. They are all viable, none of them are far and away better then the rest.

Three days of queuing at 2100-2300 and I see more shaman and disc priests then paladins, with about the same amount of druids and quite a few monks. Wizards are amazing, which makes paladins weak

Edited by Radejjj, 15 March 2013 - 04:55 AM.

#67 Braindeadly

Braindeadly
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Agamaggan
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Survival

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

i think shadowpriests are still godlike. they don't need MD, they still have it due to pve reasons as said by a blizzard dev

#68 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 1936
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

Posted Image

64099 damage from temptest (100% crit tate)

89368 frozen orb

183958 frostbolt (2)

70976 icelance

= 408401 damage

my honor gear shaman has 355871 health

now, he didn't actually need to cast two frostbolts there, only one, since the frozen orb granted him two FoF procs

for some reason my log doesn't show that I was nova'd or counterspelled, but the mage literally solo'd me in the counterspell duration. my bad for not trinketing the blanket.

now, 'why didn't your dps interrupt this yoloswaglife?'

meanwhile, we opened on a shaman as thugcleave, got him to 10% in the opener, forced lifeswap, priest to disperse, and got shaman back down to 10%

the game lasted about 15 seconds overall

moral of the story is that this game sucks ass

Posted Image

#69 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:20 AM

View PostVirent, on 14 March 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

You kinda lost me there. Discs have barely any at all instant healing.

When I said instant healing I meant things like PW:S, POM, Renew.  They're all instant cast and they all keep working if you get CC'd.  Paladins don't have that luxury.  Pretty much everything the Paladin above Braindeadly said is spot on.

For a Priest to complain about Paladin CC just seems silly to me.

#70 Filthpig

Filthpig
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1605
  • 3v3: 2448
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1945

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

Priests absorb is way too fucking high, any spriest/mage spriest/druid team is completely impossible to kill, asphyxiate cooldown is way too short, ring of peace cooldown too short. Nether tempest damage is completely absurd.

#71 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:35 AM

leave disc alone! or every disc will go shadow and will be much worse!

#72 Diasleramo

Diasleramo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/1/0/2
  • 3v3: 2327
  • RBG: 576

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

Ring of peace is ghey

#73 Lovemama

Lovemama
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/1/2

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostEvolute, on 15 March 2013 - 02:47 AM, said:

Posted Image

64099 damage from temptest (100% crit tate)

89368 frozen orb

183958 frostbolt (2)

70976 icelance

= 408401 damage

my honor gear shaman has 355871 health

now, he didn't actually need to cast two frostbolts there, only one, since the frozen orb granted him two FoF procs

for some reason my log doesn't show that I was nova'd or counterspelled, but the mage literally solo'd me in the counterspell duration. my bad for not trinketing the blanket.

now, 'why didn't your dps interrupt this yoloswaglife?'

meanwhile, we opened on a shaman as thugcleave, got him to 10% in the opener, forced lifeswap, priest to disperse, and got shaman back down to 10%

the game lasted about 15 seconds overall

moral of the story is that this game sucks ass

i cant wait for that RMP to open on me, resi will fix it <_<

#74 Ballerjones

Ballerjones
  • Ballerjones
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

Dog shit expansion in general,

Delete INCARNATION and revert feral back to bleed damage
Fix locks
Delete nether tempst mage
Fix Enhancement shamans
Fix warriors
FIX EVERYTHING

#75 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostBallerjones, on 15 March 2013 - 11:56 AM, said:

Dog shit expansion in general,

Delete INCARNATION and revert feral back to bleed damage
Fix locks
Delete nether tempst mage
Fix Enhancement shamans
Fix warriors
FIX EVERYTHING

#76 Icekingx

Icekingx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2351

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Thugcleave
Throw rogues
NT being so strong
ring of skill(peace)
pve trinkets

Rawrbertlol, on 14 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Best signatures on entire website.
Posted Image

#77 Crawthz

Crawthz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 576
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

First impressions?
Powershot is op - better than Chaos Bolt that can't be interrupted without stun ect...
Mage/SP does too much damage
Deadly Throw is broken - should require 5cp to interrupt or remove interrupt completely
Cloak of Shadows on 1min is kinda too low
Mind Numbing/Necrotic cast-time is retarded - needs to go
DK dot damage is way over the top

Fix these and yay we got better start of season

Edited by Crawthz, 15 March 2013 - 01:35 PM.

www.twitch.tv/crawthz - Gladiator Frostmage stream, please follow!

#78 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

dude mind numbling/ necrotic is a 50% casting increase, WHATAFUCK???

i dont think people gemming for it can get 25% with pvp gear,  why man... why 50%...

#79 Omglockzorx

Omglockzorx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship
  • RBG: 2284

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Still too much botting....

#80 Darthgnoe

Darthgnoe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2415
  • 3v3: 2523
  • 5v5: 2040
  • RBG: 1837

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

View Postdionim, on 15 March 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

dude mind numbling/ necrotic is a 50% casting increase, WHATAFUCK???

i dont think people gemming for it can get 25% with pvp gear,  why man... why 50%...

what are you on about lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<