• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/2/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2416

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:46 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 13 March 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

Depends what you're playing with/against I guess. If youre playing with a lock or spriest it's ridiculously strong.

Yeah it seems pretty stupid with a spriest, have yet to try shadowcleave

seems like there's a lot of variety atm which is nice, nothing is clearly too OP imo though Dks/Rogues/Mages/spriests all seem top tier

Fire mages seem to be doign a SHIt load of damage though, like 4 100k insta pyros in a row is kinda aids

Edited by Zaephyr, 14 March 2013 - 01:46 AM.

"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#42 Koshimo

Koshimo
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1513

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 13 March 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

This is pretty accurate, with the exception of healers being close and biased neglect of holy paladins having too strong instants / short cast divine light, having rep etc.
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol
xD

#43 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 14 March 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

Like I said, every one of them have their strengths and weaknesses, but do you honestly think Holy Paladins are significantly better then shaman/priests/druids? Doesn't seem like it to me. They'll never be perfectly balanced with each other, but they seem closer then they've been in a very long time.
I think there still is a huge gap, it is not possible to deal with comps that have spread pressure for some healers. It's auto-loss unless you can gib someone at the opener which requires small healer contribution anyway.

View PostMirionx, on 14 March 2013 - 12:27 AM, said:

Is that a bad thing? Shouldn't Paladins have any CC?
Exactly. Very defensive healer; plate wearer, two bops, two sacs, two freedoms, sprint, bubble, guardian, all heals instant etc should not have the offense of a cloth healer than has no mobility and basically no comparable defensives/healing cooldowns. It just doesn't make sense. And having a hoj and aoe blind is not having no cc. Rep is just excessive.

Edited by Djandawg, 14 March 2013 - 03:14 AM.

#44 Pawzz

Pawzz
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery
  • LocationAustria

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:19 AM

I find rogue control insanely annoying, cheap shot, garrot, then I can actually see him, boom paralytic, vanish, garrot and cheap shot, then kidney or something like that. The first 30 seconds of a match I cant see the rogue nor am I able to move, and the damage is huge.

The gear is a major problem, until you have your 20k conquest points for elite gear, I dont think you can even consider playing arena at a competitive level. Currently its like playing dota without any items in lategame, youre there, you just dont do anything.

Try to keep this thread clean and informative for blizzard to read, also keep the language to a minimum, thanks. We might even get fixes before 5.3 then.

#45 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

Damage just seems completely out of hand. There's just constantly people globalling others. Like, a match where my team is screwing up a lot and we shouldn't win, we just win because our mage randomly globalled something. Not because we actually buckled up and made up for our mistakes. Or a match where we play much better than the enemy team, one of us dying in a silencing shot from full hp. Does that mean that we or the enemy team got outplayed if someone randomly gets one shot?

Quite frankly, it actually seems about the same as last season 5.0.4.
Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/0/1/1

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

Being able to get combo points from shuriken toss and interrupt casts with deadly throw while spamming 25k+ every gcd is so wrong on so many levels.

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 384

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 14 March 2013 - 03:04 AM, said:

I think there still is a huge gap, it is not possible to deal with comps that have spread pressure for some healers. It's auto-loss unless you can gib someone at the opener which requires small healer contribution anyway.

[size=4]
Exactly. Very defensive healer; plate wearer, two bops, two sacs, two freedoms, sprint, bubble, guardian, all heals instant etc should not have the offense of a cloth healer than has no mobility and basically no comparable defensives/healing cooldowns. It just doesn't make sense. And having a hoj and aoe blind is not having no cc. Rep is just excessive.

Paladins still get destroyed by wizards, shaman do extremely well against wizards, priests are awful vs dks, they have their strengths and weaknesses but I really just dont see one healer being far and away above the other three.

#48 Nitric

Nitric
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2436

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

I wish PvP gear didn't count towards LFR requiremed iLvL. Perhaps then they could fix the balance between honor gear and last season's gear and we wouldn't be 15 ilvl behind and actually able to compete with people that played last season.

#49 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

View PostRadejjj, on 14 March 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

Paladins still get destroyed by wizards, shaman do extremely well against wizards, priests are awful vs dks, they have their strengths and weaknesses but I really just dont see one healer being far and away above the other three.
It's ok we'll wait 5 months and have another season with %40 paladin / %40 shaman representation, then you'll get a clearer picture but you are right, the difference  is not Ferrari vs bicycle anymore, other healers are like only %200 better nowadays.

Edited by Djandawg, 14 March 2013 - 05:04 AM.

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 14 March 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

It's ok we'll wait 5 months and have another season with %40 paladin / %40 shaman representation, then you'll get a clearer picture but you are right, the difference  is not Ferrari vs bicycle anymore, other healers are like only %200 better nowadays.

I really dont know what game youre playing that you think paladins and shaman are THAT much better then priests and druids. MLD/godcomp/rmp/Priestthug are all going to be top tier comps, and the only reason paladins had such overwhelming representation last season was KFC, which is okay now. Every healer has multiple top tier comps now.

• Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

Second day impressions. Ret and boomkin, and mage/rogue burst is dumb. This season seems exactly as stupid as last season just with more variety to the stupid. Instead of KFC and shaman/spriest/x there are are ton of different comps that are all ridiculous.

Edited by Radejjj, 14 March 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#52 Rhordizledog

Rhordizledog
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Discipline
  • LocationC-town

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:36 AM

Disc priests are fun, playing with a boomkin/mage is lolz.
"It needs to be purified by someone with evaporating skills or it will fester and putrify"
-The Cheshire Cat

#53 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

Subterfuge, the rogue talent, that makes you invisible after stealth breaks, did not get changed. Only a lot more rogues play with it. You lose quite some damage in the first seconds of the opener if you take it and only get ahead if you can stick to the target for about 8-9 seconds. The difference is having double Vanish and I sincerely hope that blowing double Vanish in the first 30 seconds of a match does not become a viable tactic.

#54 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

View PostPawzz, on 14 March 2013 - 03:19 AM, said:

Try to keep this thread clean and informative for blizzard to read, also keep the language to a minimum, thanks. We might even get fixes before 5.3 then.

Cool, I made a good thread for once.

Anyway I'm pretty happy with the balance of healers.  Disc priests really got the help they needed, they seem very strong at the moment. My biggest complaint about 5.2 so far is in line with what everyone else is saying - damage.  Maybe it's partially because most people I play with aren't S12 T2 weapon and have a lot of honor gear, but it seems like anyone can die in the duration of one full CC.

This feeling is stronger when I play my Paladin.  When I play my Resto Shaman I have things like earth shield, riptide, and healing stream totem to carry me when I make a mistake and get CC'd.  I feel comfortable sitting in a full sheep if I prepared for it on my Shaman.  If I get a full sheep on my Paladin I just start reading my team mates' last rites to them.

I would say maybe it's time to lower all damage in arena again, but there are still some comps that are very hard to kill (anything with a spriest) that would really rise to the top.  It might be time to start looking at some of the biggest offenders for PvP only nerfs such as the one Frost Bomb recently got.  I feel like if it's just a straight damage reduction from what it is in PvE, nobody would need to re-learn anything.  I don't think 2 different versions of spells is the final solution, but it would be a good place to start on some of the outliers.

#55 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 14 March 2013 - 03:04 AM, said:

Oh so we should be like in Cataclysm? Where we were barely viable because of other healers bringing better utility then us. Sounds great.

And plate doesn't mean shit. Other healers have equal / better healing CDs and our defensives are nonexistent.

None asked for the Blind, I'd rather have Blind as a talent instead of FoJ(baseline fist on 40 second CDs thanks). It was always useless outside of 2s anyway and now with a cast time it's not viable for offensive use so who cares.

#56 dionim

dionim
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 883

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

not saying it should be like BC, WRATH, CATA or MOP

but imo this game would be more fun if everyhealer had unique roles/habilitys, just like it was in BC/WRATH with a bit more balance.

chosing a class should be a choice of what playstile gives you more fun. like it was when i first chose priest.

#57 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostMirionx, on 14 March 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Oh so we should be like in Cataclysm? Where we were barely viable because of other healers bringing better utility then us. Sounds great.

And plate doesn't mean shit. Other healers have equal / better healing CDs and our defensives are nonexistent.

None asked for the Blind, I'd rather have Blind as a talent instead of FoJ(baseline fist on 40 second CDs thanks). It was always useless outside of 2s anyway and now with a cast time it's not viable for offensive use so who cares.
Are you saying that, disc has better or equal healing cooldowns and defensives to holy pala?
Being exempt from school locks due to instant healing, having amazing healing cooldowns/output + double blessings is too much when you have repentance. Lose some healing faceroll or cc, but you can't have everything,. otherwise, there is no need for other healers. i.e %80 representation by shaman + paladin healers in s12.
And you won't go back to cata, just look at what you gained this expansion, it's retarded good. Same principle applies to resto shamans.

Edited by Djandawg, 14 March 2013 - 02:30 PM.

#58 Mirionx

Mirionx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/2/2/2/0
  • RBG: 2662

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostDjandawg, on 14 March 2013 - 02:30 PM, said:

And you won't go back to cata, just look at what you gained this expansion, it's retarded good. Same principle applies to resto shamans.

Remove our CC and there you go, we're back to Cata with 2 bops & sacs, all our shit is dispelable aswell so it's not as good as you make it out to be.

#59 ohnoes

ohnoes
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Assassination 2/1/1/1/0/2
  • RBG: 2113

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

every comp needs a shadow priest, if you don't have one you are already at a huge disadvantage

#60 djp771133

djp771133
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

Ring of peace is absurd, so is fists of fury.  Monks are just the most annoying class ever, and most of their stuff is untrinketable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<