#21 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:38 AM

Being able to dodge ranged attacks is one of the stupidest things Blizzard has every done. It's literally free damage reduction with no skill required.

Every other kind of RNG avoidance can be avoided or easily capped. But suddenly Hunters are the only class to have a 15%+ hit cap? Wtf?

Hunters don't even stun except for intimidate (which is spec specific), which is how most melee avoid big dodge chance. That and you can't dodge melee from behind.

It's fucking stupid and requires no skill because it's completely passive.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#22 methodman2

methodman2
  • Mèthøðmåñ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostJokerplex, on 12 March 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Hi all,

So i thought id keep this to one post.

First off, expertise?
I really dont understand it. Random classes are dodging my scatter shots. AND ITS FUCKING ANNOYING. Like. REALLY ANNOYING. Im way over cap.

Also, Rogues with new shruiken toss.

Has any1 else dueled any (or world pvp)? It literally seems impossible to beat.
They stealth 3 seconds opener (ok cool, fine)
Then use evasion so u literally cant hit them at all and it lasts a long time, during this they are spamming the shit out of shruiken toss, while u have kited away.

Then you die.

Help pls

spec bm

#23 Kriff

Kriff
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2105

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

View PostGrieverZ, on 15 March 2013 - 06:20 AM, said:

Being a rogue doesn't change much,  with dance and shadow blades + trinkets and other procs you can gib someone just as much too if left unpeeled. At least my rogue friend sure do.

Persoanlly i'm a fan of burst/controle playstyles so its hard for me to agree with you that it shouldn't be viable. Bad teams will also let the other team setup their damage/burst windows and lose to it. I guess for the game to be fun for you everything should be LSD or Shadowplay mirrors?

You do realize that he said he went from 100-0 in a 3 second stun, right? Do you think it is fair that somebody could die in say, a scatter shot? Or does that constitute as 'setting up their burst'?

I agree that burst comps where you have to setup your burst are fun and should be rewarding/challenging, but in some cases (such as this one) it is a bit too much when somebody can die in such a short time span. These types of comps should consist of chaining a couple CCs together to land kills, not gibbing someone during the shortest CCs in the game.

Anyway, to get on topic, I do not think anyone should be able to passively dodge hunters, but I do think evasion is fair against hunters in an arena setting.

#24 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

View PostRaphner, on 13 March 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

So basicly, youre doing this vs good rogues and you havent lost to one yet. But good rogues know how to counter youre strat.
There is no 100% step by step way to beat a rogue in a duel, hence I added the "improvise" part into it which you clearly missed.

A rogue should win every duel if he isnt completly retarded or having tons of cooldowns no matter what you do.
And "Dont fail with flare". What kind of rogue vanishes close to you? The flare has travel time if he vanishes far away you cant catch his vanish and hes gone and reopens.
You are implying every rogue who loses to a hunter in a duel is completely retarded? wtf man?? Rogues do you agree with this guy?

If you don't manage to get the rogue out of stealth with flare, you've failed. Simple as that. Keep telling yourself that you're supposed to fail with flare every time because it has a travel time : )

And every rogue with brain opens with cloak of shadow(to counter the sleep) into evasion so you've lost already when he pops evasion.
You are implying that there are rogues who don't have brains? wtf again man??

Here's a tip, you can use monkey pet to counter the cloak of shadows, which every rogue with a brain uses in opener : P

You really think the rogue who died in 3sec pet stun - which was proved by screenshot - is completely retarded ?? Logically thinking, if someone who has more titles than you (in this case, a rogue) - and therefore is better than you - is completely retarded, what does that make you?  m8 plz answer??

#25 Snipin

Snipin
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/0/0/1/1

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

You can cloak Bad Manner :/

#26 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostSnipin, on 16 March 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

You can cloak Bad Manner :/
You are right.

#27 Ruddx

Ruddx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1922
  • 3v3: 2263
  • RBG: 2152

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

Clearly a L2P issue.

#28 Jayxx

Jayxx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Survival 1/0/2/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2057

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostRuddx, on 16 March 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

Clearly a L2P issue.
Jah Bless

#29 Mitoo

Mitoo
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/1/1/0/2
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationZagreb

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostZabrz, on 14 March 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

The last 5 attacks of the hunter and his pet were critical hits and 6 of his list 9 attacks between himself and the pet were crits.  That's some pretty ridiculous luck there.  This is going to be a pretty consistent occurrence for rogues, it happened all the time last season too.  Without getting any passive survival buffs, rogues are stupidly vulnerable during stuns.  It seems like if you ever get caught in a stun without feint up you have a really good chance of dying.  The feint mechanic is clunky and not fun at all.  Would love turning it into a passive during stuns and reducing rogues offensive powers a little to compensate.

very good post

#30 toheja88

toheja88
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

just for the record, you can feint powershot making it 50% less dmg before other 30% step in as it is counted as some aoe attack or smt, it hits you for like 20k!Gratz, now you know how to play.

#31 Lieto

Lieto
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arthas
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety
  • LocationKyiv. Ukraine.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

I ll just point out few things — disengage with net and flare on it is a major fk up for rogue, double deter with pet hitting you from behind for 60k and stampede as well. Things like trinket-scatter-trap is sometimes hard to pre-cloak. Pet stun rogue opener or dance too. Sacrifice will usually mean that hunter can easily survive dance.
Shadowmelding since 2007.

#32 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1951
  • LocationCold North

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

Will rogues still be able to pull 400k on a 65% resilience target in less than seven seconds in 5.3?

#33 mimmick

mimmick
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1315
  • 3v3: 1949
  • RBG: 192

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

View PostAnsi, on 14 May 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

Will rogues still be able to pull 400k on a 65% resilience target in less than seven seconds in 5.3?
No warriors will though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<