Elisha
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Blackrock
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/0/2/2

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

Hello,

how about monk in 5.2? Is there now any chance of enjoying to play monk now? Which one is more viable?  How about new skill? Storm Earth Fire is there any use in pvp? Is RoP better than leg sweep?

thnx 4 your opinion :)

#2 Angelce

Angelce
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1994
  • 3v3: 2329
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationMacedonia.

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

Monk is definitly good now,buffs are looking excellent aswell.I'd say go check it out. :D

Edited by Angelce, 12 March 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#3 Blackdawn

Blackdawn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Der Rat von Dalaran
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

not after the dmg nurfs to WW
one life, one chance

#4 maarko

maarko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

WW was extremely good pre-dmg nerfs, now i'm not so sure. They won't be bad by any means, they still have great mobility, can dispel diseases, and lock things down pretty well. RoP is pretty ridiculous on a 45 second cd as well.

MW has the exact same problems as last season. In terms of RBGS it is probably the best healer now with RoP on such a short cd while having such high healing output. For 3s, cc is still the issue. MW can't shift or death polys, tremor/ground/shock casts, doesnt have sac to break cc. All it has is teleport and to a lesser extent roll to help avoid ccs. Paralyze can also be used to stop the casts on a 15 second cd. Chi Wave was our decent heal to use when getting cc'd but it got nerfed massively, which really hurts the spec. MW doesn't have any absorbs or powerful long lasting hots that can keep people up while you are perma ccd either. The only thing you have are the healing balls that you place and the ones that are left lying around due to the worst mastery in the game.

MW is not really as bad as I think I am making it out to be. Though it does have some glaring issues, with the right comp I think it will be pretty good. Will pretty much be required to play with either a Spriest or DK for MD and Unholy Frenzy (or just play with both so you are basically never ccd).
Spoiler

#5 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1682
  • 3v3: 2047
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1149

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:20 PM

Did some games on my WW yesterday. Damage wasn't too bad considering I was in full honor gear. WW should be decent still this season.

#6 StigmaticAscetic

StigmaticAscetic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2158

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

View Postmaarko, on 12 March 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

MW has the exact same problems as last season. In terms of RBGS it is probably the best healer now with RoP on such a short cd while having such high healing output. For 3s, cc is still the issue. MW can't shift or death polys, tremor/ground/shock casts, doesnt have sac to break cc. All it has is teleport and to a lesser extent roll to help avoid ccs. Paralyze can also be used to stop the casts on a 15 second cd. Chi Wave was our decent heal to use when getting cc'd but it got nerfed massively, which really hurts the spec. MW doesn't have any absorbs or powerful long lasting hots that can keep people up while you are perma ccd either. The only thing you have are the healing balls that you place and the ones that are left lying around due to the worst mastery in the game.

My thoughts exactly. cocoon is the only heal you can get out of CC and its 2min CD. its extremely strong now that it cant be dispelled but people will just change target. maybe make it half of the CD and half of the absorbs aswel? And i am annoyed by the fact that chi wave (our main heal) got nerffed so much only because it was OP on windwalkers..

#7 hid

hid
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1
  • RBG: 1934

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostStigmaticAscetic, on 13 March 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

[/size]
My thoughts exactly. cocoon is the only heal you can get out of CC and its 2min CD. its extremely strong now that it cant be dispelled but people will just change target. maybe make it half of the CD and half of the absorbs aswel? And i am annoyed by the fact that chi wave (our main heal) got nerffed so much only because it was OP on windwalkers..

No, Chi Wave got nerfed because it was OP on mistweavers in PvE, this nerf almost cripples WW's.

Edited by hid, 13 March 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#8 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335
  • RBG: 192

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Idk about MW but i feel WW is pretty decent, just hard to see what niche they can fill that a DK, a Warrior, a Rogue or a Ret can't fill already.

Def feels more like a defensive support class ala ret, without the burst or the offheal capabilities (Healing Sphere heals critting for 20k lol, and Chi Wave is pretty lackluster too), pretty much makes up for it with an absurd amount of peeling tools but still, idk if its going to be enough.

Ring of Peace is insanely powerful, specially because of the short cooldown. Can pretty much shutdown the other team's kill attempts very easily with it and even most basic offensive cds are on a longer cd.

Edited by GrieverZ, 13 March 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#9 StigmaticAscetic

StigmaticAscetic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormreaver
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2158

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

View Posthid, on 13 March 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

No, Chi Wave got nerfed because it was OP on mistweavers in PvE, this nerf almost cripples WW's.

Or that, my point being that it got nerffed for reasons other than it being too strong for MW in pvp.

#10 Claynz

Claynz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1344
  • LocationNorway

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

I got a fast question maybe a bit off topic: Will WW monks even use the PvP weapon enchant?

#11 WildeHilde

WildeHilde
  • Content Editors
  • Curse Premium
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/0
  • RBG: 2215
  • LocationSouthern Germany

Posted 14 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

Nauree uses the Weapon Chain currently, so he will probably get it. Working on an interview with him currently.

#12 Chardex

Chardex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 2113

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostWildeHilde, on 14 March 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

Nauree uses the Weapon Chain currently, so he will probably get it. Working on an interview with him currently.
5.1 you didn't need a weapon chain because SFB did a lot of damage, and would cover over half the loss we would suffer being disarmed. 5.2 they nerf SFB by a lot so now it's not worth using SFB. The new PvP enchant is far better anyway.

View PostClaynz, on 14 March 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

I got a fast question maybe a bit off topic: Will WW monks even use the PvP weapon enchant?
The pvp enchant is better than Dancing Steel. Best to use it on both weapons. base line pvp power and resil is better waiting for a proc which is easily wasted a lot.

Edited by Chardex, 14 March 2013 - 03:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<