• US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1507
  • 3v3: 2002
  • RBG: 384

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostBraindance, on 10 March 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

Anything else but avatar on the final tier is subpar - bolt is very situational and bloodbath is trash for PvP. Bladestorm damage is too low for its cooldown and shockwave is much more needed since outside of that we have 0  utility.

I don't agree with this at all. Warriors final tier is not that cut and dry. Bloodbath has it's uses, and does something semi unique(though, no that big of a deal). But the passive snare that can last for ~18sec is quite amazing. And I wouldn't say that storm bolt is "very situational" at all.

And if you take warbringer, it opens up the option of using something other than shockwave. Bladestorm+Warbringer+Bolt is actually a decent combination of talents depending on the MU. And Bladestorm's CD is a little too high, but the damage/utility it offers isn't bad.

In any case, we have more viable talent options than just Juggernaut+Shockwave+Avatar.

Edited by Deonto, 11 March 2013 - 12:13 AM.

Posted Image
All credit goes to Beldam for this (amazing) meme.

#62 Duncan

Duncan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2511

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

It's funny how the video, and huge forum about 5.2 warriors I made at the very beginning of ptr about warriors having rage problems and if we have to stance dance with the way the stances currently are we would become useless in 5.2 is still true to now.

Option 1 Stance Dance
Battle Stance instantly taking too much damage to stay in.
Defensive Stance once your rage is gone it isn't coming back in this stance.

Overall Summary WARRIORS you just suck learn to stance dance, but reality if your in battle your dead, or using a defensive cd to stay alive. Defensive stance you use up your rage then if you don't go battle you do nothing, you have no utility, or damage. Your a 5.2 warrior.

Edited by Duncan, 11 March 2013 - 12:19 AM.

#63 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

View PostDeonto, on 11 March 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

I don't agree with this at all. Warriors final tier is not that cut and dry. Bloodbath has it's uses, and does something semi unique(though, no that big of a deal). But the passive snare that can last for ~18sec is quite amazing. And I wouldn't say that storm bolt is "very situational" at all.

And if you take warbringer, it opens up the option of using something other than shockwave. Bladestorm+Warbringer+Bolt is actually a decent combination of talents depending on the MU. And Bladestorm's CD is a little too high, but the damage/utility it offers isn't bad.

In any case, our talent options are not as cut and dry as Juggernaut+Shockwave+Avatar.
Bloodbath gives you the illusion that it does damage, but it's nothing compared to avatar because you simply cannot do a whole pve rotation to get the stack high+a snare breaker is better than a 18 second slow. Warbringer dr's with everything now making it a really bad choice unless you play with something that has no stuns (like an aff lock) - I never liked the talent and 12 second charge is far more important for me.

Bladestorm is simply trash, just using overpowers does more damage. The damage is semi decent when u have reck and avatar up. Without those it does nothing (and a shockwave can do as much damage as 3 bs ticks).

Anything other than avatar+shockwave is simply subpar - try anything else and you will see that's it's not worth it.

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#64 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

warriors are completely fine, i love playing my warrior right now.  i've played a lot of wargames and if you actually play right its not bad at all,and damage during cd's is absolutely insane.  If you want to camp d stance all game, play fury, as you are constantly overflowing in rage as fury.

Warriors are going to be really good in cleaves, especially as fury (rogue/warrior [ dance bomb on someone with no trinket with a fury storm on top of that with cd's up and they are dead 100%])

The problem about taking too much damage isn't a warrior problem, its a game problem.  In this patch there are crits going out for 150k+ from multiple classes (including warriors), and 150k+ crits aren't a good thing at all.

Also bladestorm is worthless as arms, the only reason its good as fury is because of the extra weapon, you get an extra 30-40k off-hand hit as fury where as arms its doing shit damage.  Bloodbath ticks for like   5k or less, its never a good option unless they fix disrupting shout (bloodbath bladestorm disrupting shout during storm)

Also, as a defensive note for warriors, with the new overpower mechanics, die by the sword glyph becomes amazing, you can prolong the buff for quite some time.

#65 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

View PostBraindance, on 11 March 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

Bloodbath gives you the illusion that it does damage, but it's nothing compared to avatar because you simply cannot do a whole pve rotation to get the stack high+a snare breaker is better than a 18 second slow. Warbringer dr's with everything now making it a really bad choice unless you play with something that has no stuns (like an aff lock) - I never liked the talent and 12 second charge is far more important for me.

Bladestorm is simply trash, just using overpowers does more damage. The damage is semi decent when u have reck and avatar up. Without those it does nothing (and a shockwave can do as much damage as 3 bs ticks).

Anything other than avatar+shockwave is simply subpar - try anything else and you will see that's it's not worth it.

I'v used all these talent options on the ptr at 2-2.2kmmr.. I wouldn't say "x" is decent if I hadn't tried it at all.

Edited by Deonto, 11 March 2013 - 02:04 AM.

Posted Image

#66 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:06 AM

View PostDeonto, on 11 March 2013 - 01:59 AM, said:

I'v used all these talent options on the ptr at 2-2.2kmmr.. I wouldn't say "x" is decent if I hadn't tried it at all.

Like saying anything other than avatar+shockwave is subpar is just not true. It's just an opinion of yours. That's all.
subpar=/=viable. And regarding bloodbath and avatar it's not an opinion - go duel a healer (ideal case) and just spam damage over a 3 minute period - avatar is miles ahead and it's also a free escape artist

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

#67 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

View PostBraindance, on 11 March 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

subpar=/=viable. And regarding bloodbath and avatar it's not an opinion - go duel a healer (ideal case) and just spam damage over a 3 minute period - avatar is miles ahead and it's also a free escape artist

Bloodbath does more overall damage when compared to avatar over a a decent period of time(it's why it is the better option in pve). Obviously pve is not the same as pvp. As well, the root/snare break isn't really that useful on avatar(not that it's useless...but you know). I wouldn't even really bring it into the discussion. As when you want to pop avatar, you will. You don't save for a root break. Bloodbath on the other hand always offers something that is useful... As it allows you to go balls out.

Edited by Deonto, 11 March 2013 - 02:30 AM.

Posted Image

#68 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

View PostDeonto, on 11 March 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

Bloodbath does more overall damage when compared to avatar over a a decent period of time(it's why it is the better option in pve). Obviously pve is not the same as pvp. As well, the root/snare break isn't really that useful on avatar(not that it's useless...but you know). I wouldn't even really bring it into the discussion. As when you want to pop avatar, you will. You don't save for a root break. Bloodbath on the other hand always offers something that is useful... As it allows you to go balls out.
Ok let's accept that bath does more damage over a long period - what is better; damage over the long period or enormous damage every 3 minutes that lines up perfectly with reck (and lasts twice as long)

#69 Deonto

Deonto
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

View PostBraindance, on 11 March 2013 - 02:37 AM, said:

Ok let's accept that bath does more damage over a long period - what is better; damage over the long period or enormous damage every 3 minutes that lines up perfectly with reck (and lasts twice as long)

Well, I would say that depends on the MU. Bloodbath is fairly decent in a comp like.. WPS. Where you swap a lot based around a silence/stun setup. The extra pressure on just about every swap is quite nice.

Edited by Deonto, 11 March 2013 - 02:57 AM.

Posted Image

#70 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1850
  • 3v3: 2505
  • 5v5: 2388
  • RBG: 2455

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

Bloodbath also removes the need to global hamstrings in. Leaving more space for slams = more dmg. But rlly.
What is this discussion about? As if comps want a warrior for it's damage. They just take a DK, Rogue, Monk or random caster instead. They bring more control aswell.

Also what has been said earlier. Mass spell reflect is unique. But once again. An Aoe reflect with a 1 min cd is barely gonna win you games as it is too easly countered. Other then JK ring of cockmancing with just a 45 sec cd. Ring of frost or psyfiend. Intervening out of roots outshines it. And i can hardly call it an unique utility when there is melee that can do it basicly every gcd.
Skull banner? Ever heard someone say. "We need a warrior cause they bring Skull Banner!" It's just a way to weave extra crit dmg into reck rlly nothing else. Wile it is prob a strong offensive team cooldown. People undervalue it greatly. Cause classes are purely being taken for the control and quality of life for a arena / rbg team. They cba to babysit a warrior and get the same effect out of that then a unattended other class.

Just spamming single target dmg wile not having control is not cutting it in current gameplay. So i just see a dark season inc. Let's hope your friends just like you for the way you are. If not you get replaced by a pve dk with honour gear cause he can do more pressure then you by spamming pve rotations.

Edited by Pinka, 11 March 2013 - 03:45 AM.

Posted Image

#71 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

No melee dps is better for druid lock/mage comps (enough peels to stay in battle forever). We have way more damage than any other melee if we are left in battle stance.

Edited by Braindance, 11 March 2013 - 04:45 AM.

#72 Durial

Durial
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:
  • LocationEngland, London

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

But tha

View PostBraindance, on 11 March 2013 - 03:51 AM, said:

No dps is better for mage lock/mage comps. We have way more damage than any other melee if we are left in battle stance.

And where can we find opponents who will let us sit in battle stance?

#73 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

View PostDurial, on 11 March 2013 - 04:42 AM, said:

But tha

And where can we find opponents who will let us sit in battle stance?
That's why I said druid lock/mage - my initial post had bad wording. With enough peels from druid and mage/lock you can easily stay in battle.

#74 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fire
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:52 AM

Repost but

insert Dear Warrior. ^_^

Edited by kannetixx, 11 March 2013 - 04:54 AM.

US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

http://www.anook.com/kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#75 Tuskx

Tuskx
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Windrunner
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/1/1/0/0
  • LocationNJ

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

The last time I did any PvP was S11.  I just came back 2 days ago, geared up, and did wargames as WLD vs 2250 thugcleave.

If our current state is "bad", then I'm going to murder myself for missing S12.

P.S: Does anyone know if Zarys really quit? D:

Edited by Tuskx, 11 March 2013 - 06:33 AM.

#76 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostTuskx, on 11 March 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

The last time I did any PvP was S11.  I just came back 2 days ago, geared up, and did wargames as WLD vs 2250 thugcleave.

If our current state is "bad", then I'm going to murder myself for missing S12.

P.S: Does anyone know if Zarys really quit? D:

i fucking love this guy

whoever you are, you go glen cocoa, you're fucking fabulous.
US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

www.twitch.tv/kannetix - Gladiator Mage Stream follow me and see when i go live!

#77 Tuskx

Tuskx
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Windrunner
  • Reckoning
  • LocationNJ

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

View Postkannetixx, on 11 March 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

i fucking love this guy

whoever you are, you go glen cocoa, you're fucking fabulous.

In all seriousness though, QQ about boltstorm warriors in T-minus 3 days and counting

#78 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

View PostTuskx, on 11 March 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

In all seriousness though, QQ about boltstorm warriors in T-minus 3 days and counting

sounds like you need to teach some people how to dougie.

btw  - dada life avatar, fucking awesome.

Edited by kannetixx, 11 March 2013 - 08:40 AM.

US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

#79 Tuskx

Tuskx
  • Junkies
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Windrunner
  • Reckoning
  • LocationNJ

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

View Postkannetixx, on 11 March 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

sounds like you need to teach some people how to dougie.

btw  - dada life avatar, fucking awesome.

UNLEASH THE DADA

and this is where i learnt my dougie

Edited by Tuskx, 11 March 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#80 kannetixx

kannetixx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • LocationFlorida yee

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

View PostTuskx, on 11 March 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

UNLEASH THE DADA

and this is where i learnt my dougie

@1:05

same dance i do every time i win a game and dont cast shit.

Edited by kannetixx, 11 March 2013 - 09:09 AM.

US-Kel'Thuzad - Kannetix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<