• Curse Sites
Help

Rip multiboxing

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 foxfighter

foxfighter

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

We disabled /follow from use in battlegrounds to curb some of the most basic types of bots that use the command. We chose not to communicate it beforehand in attempts to catch as many bots unaware as possible. Removing /follow in battlegrounds is one small change we can make immediately to stop a number of bots, and those that choose to transition to more overt botting methods will have a much higher chance of being caught and banned.
http://www.twitch.tv/fawxfighter - punch monk/warrior stream

#2 Ansi

Ansi
  • Premium Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • RBG: 1951
  • LocationCold North

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

Clever Blizz

#3 Saru93

Saru93
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/0/1/1/1

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:39 PM

gj x

#4 Improve

Improve
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Elemental 2/1/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

how the hell am i going to get all my alts to 90 with full gear now?

Posted Image

#5 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostImprove, on 07 March 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

how the hell am i going to get all my alts to 90 with full gear now?

Play the game. :eek:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#6 Stormshiftx

Stormshiftx
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/1/2
  • RBG: 2356

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

Are there any anti BG botting advocates out there?  I can understand where people come from with hating on gatherbuddy, but BG buddy?  BG buddy = more people getting to try more classes at max level pvp, and more choice = happier players

#7 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostStormshiftx, on 07 March 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

Are there any anti BG botting advocates out there?  I can understand where people come from with hating on gatherbuddy, but BG buddy?  BG buddy = more people getting to try more classes at max level pvp, and more choice = happier players
Yes really happy when you join a bg with 70% of your team being bots and losing.

View PostZerstiren, on 14 August 2011 - 01:21 AM, said:

If you haven't +repped this guy, you are part of the problem.

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#8 Stormshiftx

Stormshiftx
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostBraindance, on 07 March 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

Yes really happy when you join a bg with 70% of your team being bots and losing.

I've seen honor buddy top dmg and top heal a lot of random bgs while competing against human players.  Unlike 90% of human players, bots go for objectives and don't leave nodes undefended and screw around.  Honor Buddy/BG buddy users contribute more to random BGs than 90% of the actual people I see queing randoms

#9 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

View PostStormshiftx, on 07 March 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

I've seen honor buddy top dmg and top heal a lot of random bgs while competing against human players.  Unlike 90% of human players, bots go for objectives and don't leave nodes undefended and screw around.  Honor Buddy/BG buddy users contribute more to random BGs than 90% of the actual people I see queing randoms
Yes.

When they are facing other bots.

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

#10 Daawarlock

Daawarlock
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Frostwhisper
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents:
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

http://en.twitch.tv/preparedwow
I bet he mad as fuck.

Edited by Daawarlock, 07 March 2013 - 05:14 PM.

(>'_')># I was going to give you this waffle.
#<('_'<) But then I was like.
(>'#'<) I'm hungry.
(>'-'<) So I ate it.

#11 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

View PostBraindance, on 07 March 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

I don't understand why we're forced to do BGs in the first place.

The problem isn't bots, it's that people are forced to participate in an activity that they don't care about. If you removed the grind required to participate in arena (or at least let us earn the honor by playing arena), bots would vastly decrease.
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#12 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:35 AM

View Postfant0m8, on 08 March 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

I don't understand why we're forced to do BGs in the first place.

The problem isn't bots, it's that people are forced to participate in an activity that they don't care about. If you removed the grind required to participate in arena (or at least let us earn the honor by playing arena), bots would vastly decrease.
I think you forget the time where you had to win 10 bgs to get a single piece of gear and honor was updated only once a day. Then you were forced. Now with like 3 wins you can buy an item.

This nihilistic logic of easy gear let me play my game, is bad and hurts the game. It's easy enough to gear now it doesn't have to be completely trivial.

#13 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/2/1/1
  • RBG: 1910

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

Good riddance, both boths and Multi-boxer.

JK only time before people find a work around, people try really hard to NOT play the game.

#14 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1682
  • 3v3: 2047
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1149

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

That poor dude paying for 50 accounts. World pvp forever I guess.

#15 Stormshiftx

Stormshiftx
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

View PostBraindance, on 07 March 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Yes.

When they are facing other bots.

Again,
unlike 90% of human players, bots go for objectives and don't leave nodes undefended and screw around.  Honor Buddy/BG buddy users contribute more to random BGs than 90% of the actual people I see queing randoms, including myself. I don't que random bgs to go do the objectives.  If I'm in a random bg I'm just having a good time killing people having fun, going for objectives in a random bg isn't fun for me and other people at all.  If you want to compete in random bgs to win, I say go do Rated BGs and compete to win, randoms are just screw around time for the people I know that play this game, who wants to take that shit seriously?

#16 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:03 AM

View PostStormshiftx, on 08 March 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

Again,
unlike 90% of human players, bots go for objectives and don't leave nodes undefended and screw around. Honor Buddy/BG buddy users contribute more to random BGs than 90% of the actual people I see queing randoms, including myself. I don't que random bgs to go do the objectives.  If I'm in a random bg I'm just having a good time killing people having fun, going for objectives in a random bg isn't fun for me and other people at all.  If you want to compete in random bgs to win, I say go do Rated BGs and compete to win, randoms are just screw around time for the people I know that play this game, who wants to take that shit seriously?
a) If they contribute less they lose - if they lose they have to play again
B)"Randoms are screw around for the people I know that play this game". You were a random once (not so long ago) - and what is a random in the end? People in this site think that being good in pvp is somekind of gift that makes you a superior human being. I got news - it doesn't. If those "randoms" didn't play wow would be more derelict than hellgate london. Randoms are the soul of the game and most of the time they look up to "good players".

At the end, as a "better player" help them win and tutor them.

#17 Stormshiftx

Stormshiftx
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:04 AM

View PostBraindance, on 08 March 2013 - 04:03 AM, said:

a) If they contribute less they lose - if they lose they have to play again
:duckers:"Randoms are screw around for the people I know that play this game". You were a random once (not so long ago) - and what is a random in the end? People in this site think that being good in pvp is somekind of gift that makes you a superior human being. I got news - it doesn't. If those "randoms" didn't play wow would be more derelict than hellgate london. Randoms are the soul of the game and most of the time they look up to "good players".

At the end, as a "better player" help them win and tutor them.

By "randoms" I didn't mean random people, I am in no way trying to put myself on a different level than every other person who plays this game no matter what skill level.  I meant Random bgs, and idk maybe I'm different than the majority here, but even when I started playing (and still to this day), I just like going in and getting some combat in, winning and objectives don't really make a difference to me.  And if there is something I can help someone with or someone asks for some advice I am always down to help if they think I can help them lol.  I try and make sure to never act elitist, unless randoms want to come rbg with us lol, then I turn people down quite often for obvious reasons.

#18 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

View PostStormshiftx, on 08 March 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

By "randoms" I didn't mean random people, I am in no way trying to put myself on a different level than every other person who plays this game no matter what skill level.  I meant Random bgs, and idk maybe I'm different than the majority here, but even when I started playing (and still to this day), I just like going in and getting some combat in, winning and objectives don't really make a difference to me.  And if there is something I can help someone with or someone asks for some advice I am always down to help if they think I can help them lol.  I try and make sure to never act elitist, unless randoms want to come rbg with us lol, then I turn people down quite often for obvious reasons.
Nonetheless. bging is fun - been doing it for years, I got many, many days played in bgs and I never get bored. Win or lose it matters not - grab 2-3 friends and you need no bots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<