UPDATE (26.04.2013) Version 0.3beta2:
- NEW FEATURE: A diminishing return tracker was added to arena enemy frames.
- NEW FEATURE: It is now possible to hide Blizzard's player cast bar.
- NEW FEATURE: Added Clique support.
- NEW FEATURE: Options menu can now be opened via slash commands: /aluf, /aliveuf, /arenaliveunitframes and /alive
- BUGFIX: Name colour should now reflect correctly if a NPC was tapped by another player, when set to reaction colour mode.
- BUGFIX: Arena enemy frames should now behave correctly (again).
- BUGFIX: Added several spells to the Spell Database for CC Overlay.
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug that prevented options from the "ArenaLiveUnitFrames" tab from being saved into the SavedVariables table.
- OTHER: Increased the size of the stealable debuff border to make it easier to spot dispellable debuffs.
- NEW FEATURE: Added arena enemy frames.
- NEW FEATURE: It is now possible to size buff/debuff icons seperately from unit frame scale.
- NEW FEATURE: It is now possible to size cast history icons seperately from unit frame scale.
- NEW FEATURE: Added a frame mover to each frame that will show the x and y coordinates of the frame.
- NEW FEATURE: Focus and target frame icons can now show trinket, racial, dispel and interrupt cooldowns.
- BUGFIX: Player names should now be shown correctly while using the russian game client.
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug that would cause the frames to shrink to 0.1 scale.
- BUGFIX: Unit frames that are unlocked should now show up correctly, even if their unit type currently doesn't exist.
- BUGFIX: Health bar colour should now set to green, when a NPC is targeted and healthbar is set to class colour.
- Additional Note: Although Diminishing Return tracking functions are already clickable in the options menu, the dr tracker is not yet implemented.
It seems that I still need to learn a lot about how WoW's SecureTemplate system works. That's the reason for this hotfix. I found a much easier way to create the UnitPopup dropdown menus, that now will also enable you to use their SetFocus button. Hopefully this will now also fix the UIDropDown taint spread to Blizz' raid frames. If you are updating from Version 0.1beta, please also read the red text of Version0.2beta update.
- BUGFIX: Fixed a bug that prevented the Set Focus option from being used in the UnitPopup DropDownMenus. This bugfix will probably also solve the RaidFrame taint ArenaLiveUnitFrames was causing sometimes, but further testing is needed on this.
IMPORTANT: You need to delete the old ArenaLiveUnitFrames-SavedVariables inside your WTF-Folder before updating from version 0.1beta to 0.2beta. To do so follow these steps:
- Close World of Warcraft.
- Open your World of Warcraft game directory.
- Go to the directory: ./WTF/<YourAccountName>/SavedVariables/
- There you have to delete the following files: ArenaLiveCore.lua, ArenaLiveCore.lua.bak, ArenaLiveUnitFrames.lua and ArenaLiveUnitFrames.lua.bak
- Added Target-of-Target frame
- Added Focus frame
- Added Target-of-Focus frame
- Added PetFrame
- All frames are now scaleable
- It is now possible to target units by clicking on their unit frame
- Added a new Absorbbar
- Added possibility to add absorb amount into the statusbar text with %ABSORB%
With this version I introduced the new absorb feature by Blizzard. I chose to alter Blizzard's version in such a way that if the combined amount of absorb and current HP is larger than the MaxHP, it will set the combination of both to the new max-HP Value. This way it always gives you a hint of how much absorb currently is on you, even if you're at full HP. Nevertheless it is important to see how many HP you lost: That's the role of the small dark blue line you see on the screenshot above. It shows you where the HP bar would end inside the frame, if you had full HP.
Changeable health- and powerbar text:
This was already available in the last version, but here you have a list with the used codes:
%CURR% -> The current value of the statusbar (e.g. current health: 300,000).
%CURR_SHORT% -> Abbreviated current value of the statusbar (e.g. current health: 300k).
%MAX% -> Total/Maximal value of the statusbar (e.g. current maxhealth: 400,000).
%MAX_SHORT% -> Abbreviated total/maximal value of the statusbar (e.g. current maxhealth: 400k).
%PERCENT% -> current value of the statusbar in percent with 2 decimal digits (e.g. current health: 75,32).
%PERCENT_SHORT% -> current value of the statusbar in percent without decimal digits (e.g. current health 75%).
%ABSORB% -> total amount of aborb on you (shown like this: (+ 200k) ).
I got asked a lot to create a normal unitframe version of my TournamentUI when I first released it and since I finally had some time over the last two weeks due to semester break, I coded the first beta of the AddOn.
It currently only includes Player and Target frame (no Petframe and Target-of-Target in the current state) and I hope you like the design. I tried to stay as close to the tournament UI as possible. The alternative PowerBar positioning below the PlayerFrame needs some testing at the moment, because I had to anchor them blind since I don't play every class in the game.
The User Menu is accessible through the interface options menu of Blizzard. It has some display bugs, due to the fact that it isn't completely finished yet. All available options should work though.
Currently the addon taints the Blizzard Raidframes, which is caused by UIDropDown taint spread. This is an blizzard-sided issue as far as I'm informed and it seems that most unitframe addons suffer from problems like that. This problem normally is fixed by typing /reload once after you logged in and are out of combat.
The portrait can either show a 3D-Portrait (as seen on the screenshot below) or the Class Icon.
The 2 icons next to the portrait are able to show the following things:
Reactioncolour (red=hostile, yellow=neutral, green/blue = friendly)
Talent Specialisation (deactivated for target frame due to code restrictions)
PvP-Trinket-CD (deactivated for target frame due to unreliability of cd tracking)
Racial-CD (deactivated for target frame due to unreliability of cd tracking)
Dispel/Interrupt CD (deactivated for target frame due to unreliability of cd tracking)
Castbar, CastHistory and Buffs/Debuffs can be placed above or below the frames and can also be disabled.
As you can see, there is still a lot more work to do, until it is fully finished. I just wanted to get some feedback and keep all interested people up to date, so that they know that I haven't forgotten about the idea of the normal unitframe version.
If you want to help improving the addOn try the current version in one or two BGs/Dungeons (I don't think that they are already completely usable for normal play due to the lack of the Pet- and TargetofTargetframes) and give me some feedback.