• Curse Sites
Help

Anyone ever thought about haste for MM in MoP?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

My general rule since I started playing Hunter was that haste is worthless, but I feel like I might be outdated in that thinking.

Mastery and Crit both increase the number of times win at RNG. But they don't actually increase the numbers that I do when I do roll high. Haste can at least make me get in more hits/second, and if you do that and just wait until you win the crit lottery, you'll do more overall damage in that window of "winning."

Crit seemed a lot better in Wrath tbh, when we were rolling with 50%. That's something you can rely on. I don't feel like this 15-20% crit BS is high enough to feel a good return on your investment.

I searched here but I've found almost no actual discussion on stats or gearing/traits in this expansion. Maybe one or two threads when MoP launched but nothing recent at all. You guys are pretty much the only people that I trust to know what you're talking about

tl;dr: Has anyone tried stacking haste? If so, did it work?
Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#2 rageTG

rageTG

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

View Postfant0m8, on 06 March 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

My general rule since I started playing Hunter was that haste is worthless, but I feel like I might be outdated in that thinking.

Mastery and Crit both increase the number of times win at RNG. But they don't actually increase the numbers that I do when I do roll high. Haste can at least make me get in more hits/second, and if you do that and just wait until you win the crit lottery, you'll do more overall damage in that window of "winning."

Crit seemed a lot better in Wrath tbh, when we were rolling with 50%. That's something you can rely on. I don't feel like this 15-20% crit BS is high enough to feel a good return on your investment.

I searched here but I've found almost no actual discussion on stats or gearing/traits in this expansion. Maybe one or two threads when MoP launched but nothing recent at all. You guys are pretty much the only people that I trust to know what you're talking about

tl;dr: Has anyone tried stacking haste? If so, did it work?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't resilience in WotLK also reduce the chance to be CRIT by around 20-25%?  And now it does not hence the reason crit is around 15-20% in the end it is effectively the same true %.

#3 lobster

lobster
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

sadly i still feel haste is worthless, but you make interesting points.

that being said, i've never done the math

at the beginning of wrath and cata we also had 15-20%crit... and in both expansions by the end we were in the 50-60 range.  I dont see that changing this expansion.

same reason survival/bm started out better than both, and MM gradually got better both times.

nothings changed

Edited by lobster, 06 March 2013 - 08:04 PM.

Posted Image
[18:31:47][W:From] [Shinyz]: say: "my cat died i gotta leave to burn it" then come to my cnanel and ill protect u  
[18:31:50][W:From] [Shinyz]: aight qt?

#4 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/2/2/2/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 2336
  • 3v3: 2754
  • 5v5: 1913
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

tbh so many games this xpac end in 1-2 mins  for the majority of the burst you want you have rapid fire up, be careful of going down the road of a self-fulfilling prophecy "i hardly ever crit"  so you reforge to even less crit  mm dmg is very average and never critting isn't fun

critting is huge as mm because it procs the bleeds

that being said gold is easy so try reforging all haste and see how it goes

with focus regen'ing so quickly and so many haste buffs in the game already i'd stick with pushing as much crit as possible but try it out!
Posted Image

#5 Jayxx

Jayxx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Survival 1/0/2/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2057

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Haste stacking with aimed glyph is good, I promise.

#6 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2027
  • 3v3: 2831
  • 5v5: 1534
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

I've been toying with full haste reforge and serpent haste buff as MM with aimed shot glyph to cast it while moving and trying out fervor instead of thrill of the hunt.

In bgs it's pretty fun just throwing out 1.8 sec cast aimed shots back to back and using only chimera aimed and steady but in arena I don't know how effective it would be.

Haste is fun in bgs nonetheless though
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#7 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:33 AM

View PostrageTG, on 06 March 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't resilience in WotLK also reduce the chance to be CRIT by around 20-25%?  And now it does not hence the reason crit is around 15-20% in the end it is effectively the same true %.

The crit chance reduction was 10-12%. Crit damage reduction was more (exactly twice as much, iirc).

I had ~40% real crit chance in Wrath iirc. That's WAY more.

Edited by fant0m8, 07 March 2013 - 05:57 AM.

Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

#8 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

Did a haste build on ptr as marks loved it. Hit me up on real id when u log on for starcraft again.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#9 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

edit: nm

Edited by fant0m8, 07 March 2013 - 08:38 AM.

#10 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

View PostDagin, on 07 March 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

Did a haste build on ptr as marks loved it. Hit me up on real id when u log on for starcraft again.

Don't see it really work in arenas since Hunters are train targets 99% of the time. Would be worth a try i guess but i did some Wargames and had a blast as MM with a Crit>Master>Haste build, but i mostly played with Arcane shot as my dump.

#11 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

View PostGrieverZ, on 07 March 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

Don't see it really work in arenas since Hunters are train targets 99% of the time. Would be worth a try i guess but i did some Wargames and had a blast as MM with a Crit>Master>Haste build, but i mostly played with Arcane shot as my dump.
I would not get any haste at all as bm but as marks I have to do more testing but I liked it on the ptr when I tried it.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#12 GrieverZ

GrieverZ
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Thaurissan
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1698
  • 3v3: 2495
  • 5v5: 1335

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

View PostDagin, on 08 March 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

I would not get any haste at all as bm but as marks I have to do more testing but I liked it on the ptr when I tried it.

My comment was for Marks >.>, just can't see how you can constantly get AiS off while getting constantly stunned/gripped/gouged/rooted/whatever that comes with being trained.

Edited by GrieverZ, 08 March 2013 - 12:51 AM.

#13 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

View PostGrieverZ, on 08 March 2013 - 12:49 AM, said:

My comment was for Marks >.>, just can't see how you can constantly get AiS off while getting constantly stunned/gripped/gouged/rooted/whatever that comes with being trained.

That's what the DK/Rogue are for.^^

BTW on PTR I was able to get just about 25% haste with the 10% pet buff up, 40 something with imp steady shot up.

This is with 19% crit and 22.5% mastery.

Edited by fant0m8, 08 March 2013 - 05:35 AM.

#14 Zong

Zong
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

This is definitely viable in my opinion, and your best option as MM. You really don't give up that much by going for haste, it's better than Mastery for marks, and you only give up a marginal amount of crit.

If you were gearing primarily to play Marks this season I think you would definitely be gearing Haste > Crit > Mastery. (which I am) I'm currently running 22% haste with serpent buff, 40% with steady focus gives me 1.79 Aimed Shots(1.27 during RF). Burst during Rapid Fire is pretty impressive.

and I don't really think that Aimed Shot glyph is worth it though, with haste it's pretty easy to stop and cast an aimed shot if you need.

Edited by Zong, 09 March 2013 - 09:21 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

Tested MM with haste and it seemed like a pretty fun way to play.

Did a bit of research on whether it's actually any good or not. This is what I got:

Posted Image

Did ~10 tests with slightly different rotations with close to ideal pvp settings and this seemed to be the average stat weightings. Not going to say this is 100% accurate, but it should give a pretty clear indication of haste not being worth it.

Haste has never been a good stat for hunters in pvp, why would it suddenly become good when not much of anything has changed? @ those saying haste = best

#16 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

Russet you're playing again?

#17 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:56 AM

View Postacushi, on 09 March 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

Russet you're playing again?

Sort of. Trying to get a friend their first Glad this season. Just doing arena on an alt account atm.

#18 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2027
  • 3v3: 2831
  • 5v5: 1534
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

So who has actually tried out Haste this season and liked it so far? And how are you guys doing as MM vs BM?
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#19 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

Hey Pounced!! Havent seen you around for a while!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<