5.2 spriest question

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Stickyrolls

Stickyrolls
  • Members

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

With the changes to DP and mindflay should we be one orbing after dots into mindflay?

#2 Hazzah

Hazzah
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/1/0/1/2
  • RBG: 2347

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Mind flaying after doing a 3-orb DP with all dots up is almost outhealable damage for most healers, granted you're well-geared.
Posted Image

#3 Stickyrolls

Stickyrolls
  • Members

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

Yea, was just thinking that assuming a free cast (i know thats not realistic) and the new mind flay mechanic seems like 1 orb mind flays could be some pretty good constant preasure. Guess it depends on comp though I see your point.

#4 Stickyrolls

Stickyrolls
  • Members

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Btw what are my fellow spriests getting talent/glyph wise for 5.2?

#5 endocytotic

endocytotic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1944
  • 3v3: 1854
  • 5v5: 2207
  • RBG: 959

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

you could go power infusion 3 orb dp into mind flay for real good burst. but you most likely will get locked out if not that im sticking with divine insight, and md, innerfire/ pom, dark binding for glyphs.

#6 Stickyrolls

Stickyrolls
  • Members

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

I've had a few thought of what to replace mind spike with. Honestly, against all the rogues im sure to see and with the change to halo I might pick up holy nova vs rogue teams, idk if they can sap me out of its radius or not but something to think about. Vampyric emprace glyph seems like it has potential to make it into a really good defensive cd. Inner fire is an obvious choice against some comps.

What are you guy thoughts on glyph of mind blast, glyph of fear ward vs comps with fear and glyph of psychic horror?

#7 Rydub

Rydub
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

To the OP, I would say no.  Spriests have a fairly long ramp-up for burst right now, and while constant pressure is good spending orbs one at a time will deprive you of burst ability.  I view Insanity as a PvE oriented change, you aren't guaranteed the uptime to channel in PvP, especially arenas.

On glyphing- with the MS glyph nerf, I'm now really torn about crit vs. mastery.  There doesn't seem to be an answer yet for 5.2

#8 Stickyrolls

Stickyrolls
  • Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:16 AM

+rep and really good points but I'm still gonna take crit just b/c our mastery is garbage as is the returns for rating we put into it. It's just not efficeint. Idk though It would be great to see some good posts (math nerds!) on this subject before new season is on. Don't wanna make bad gear choices!

Still though what are you guys replacing MS glyph with (refer to my previous post for my opinions)

#9 endocytotic

endocytotic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

View PostStickyrolls, on 07 March 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

+rep and really good points but I'm still gonna take crit just b/c our mastery is garbage as is the returns for rating we put into it. It's just not efficeint. Idk though It would be great to see some good posts (math nerds!) on this subject before new season is on. Don't wanna make bad gear choices!

Still though what are you guys replacing MS glyph with (refer to my previous post for my opinions)

Really, I believe the only valuable options for glyphs are ones I listed and vampiric embrace. they're all good, inner fire more towards melee cleaves.

#10 Stickyrolls

Stickyrolls
  • Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

Seems like this 3rd spot isnt so set in stone for our glyphs, maybe something that will change vs every comp. I was already changing mindspike for innerfire against cleaves before or MD for it if they didnt have a paly healer.

I don't see what makes glyph of PoM so attractive, tbh i rarely cast it. Is this somethign you guys are spending a global on often? Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I normaly only precast it before combat.

Glyph of fear ward vs shadowplay and other fear heavy comps.

Glyph of fade: 10 perc damage reduction for 10seconds. Fade cd:30 seconds. Thats a potential 33% uptime on 10perc damage reduction. Could be attractive if you are running a comp where you are often the focus target.

Glyph of psychic horror: cd from 45 to 35 seconds.

Holy Nova: maybe against rogue teams if your team lacks aoe that break stealth.

Vampiric Embrace: huge defencive boost every 3 minutes.

Realisticly the more I think about it, inner fire, fear ward (rarely) and maybe fade will probably be my replacements for MS.

#11 Stickyrolls

Stickyrolls
  • Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

Talent wise: after many bgs and just using what feels right....
Psyfiend though i do think the others have their place and time.
Phantasm still the best option imo.
Mindbender, now using this over From Darkness. It gives us back some well needed burst after DP nerf and I dont expect to be casting mind flays.
Optional, prefer spectral guise myself.
Divine insight. Only way I could see going infusion is if you took solace and then you macro infusion into say your dp so you are getting multiple fast mindflays off.
Still halo.

#12 Jacquelol

Jacquelol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1053
  • 3v3: 192
  • LocationNORSWE

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

Ive been testing some 3 orb DP->flay (with PI+Trinket) this damage is very very high!
Jacquel "The Druid" is currently not playing wow.

Shout out too Lunor for being the most amazing friend one can have.

Shout out too Hyuru the most amazing, friendly and nice person ive met on AJ
Shout out too Ardnut the second most amazing and friendly person ive met on AJ
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#13 endocytotic

endocytotic
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

View PostJacquelol, on 07 March 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

Ive been testing some 3 orb DP->flay (with PI+Trinket) this damage is very very high!
I agree even as undergeared as myself with that it's really hard for a healer to heal through this if you add a silence in.. So much damage, especially if you are bursting, if they don't die just unlucky.

You can even add shadowfiend on top of all that to maximize your damage.

#14 Stickyrolls

Stickyrolls
  • Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Yea but I really dont think you are going to get mind flays off vs good opponents, Asking to be spell locked.

#15 Monkoli

Monkoli
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/2/2/2/2
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationAzeroth

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

View PostStickyrolls, on 12 March 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

Yea but I really dont think you are going to get mind flays off vs good opponents, Asking to be spell locked.

Truth is that with a melee training you mind flays will be hard to channel. Its all situational imo. If you think/know you are going to be trained go with Mindbender for some 'cheap' pressure otherwise id run with Insanity and PI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<