• Curse Sites
Help

Play fotm class or spend all your time frustrated.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostFuguFish, on 05 March 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

Rogues are definitely strong but I think monks and ferals are just better picks over all (if all the PTR changes go live).

Yes Rogues need old recup and passive +12% healing inc back and then we give them smoke on 1.5 min cd and back on prep so people will want to play with them again right?

If you're truly a good player people will want to play with you regardless of your class or spec.

And to go somewhat more relevant to your post: Rogues and Monks bring the same stuff but in different ways. Both have high damage. Rogues in the form of burst, Monks in the form of sustain. Both bring high CC, rogue bringing long-duration melee-range CCs, Monks bringing shorter duration ranged CCs (except for FoF). Ferals bring high damage overall, sick burst, and 1 cyclone every 20 seconds.

Each of them fits a different comp and playstyle. People will pick which works best for their comp.

Edited by Forumz, 05 March 2013 - 08:13 PM.

Posted Image

#22 FuguFish

FuguFish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1870

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

Monks have much much more damage and mobility with ring of peace (LOL). Monk offheals are pretty insane too even though you may not notice it. Also fists of fury can't be trinketed which I think is broken in itself but whatever, it's unique right?

Ferals have sick damage, run at light speed, have several gapclosers/displacerbeast and could cc if they wanted to but who the fuck maims when you can rip anyway. And I can't even remember when ferals were last a legitimate kill target.

I haven't played much mop outside of PTR and levelling toons atm but I have no idea why people think casters are fine with spammable ccs and dispel on a 8s cooldown. From a theorycrafting point of view this is massively retarded but I'm assuming there is a reason somewhere?

I don't see why rogues get 4% extra damage and 20 more max energy and people suddenly go crazy. Granted it wasn't exactly needed, but other classes have gotten more and people don't seem to care. CLOS and blind changes were deserved in my opinion, as was baseline prep.

Obviously I will be slightly biased as I play rogue a lot so I really would like to know other people's points of view because I pride myself in having good logic and theorycrafting abilities and obviously my opinions differ from some.

Your point stands though, skill > class for the majority of wow arena but imo you are heavily mistaken if rogues are going to be gods whilst everyone else sits on a dummy chair in the corner.

EDIT: While I'm at it I'd like to know why anyone can justify so many classes having random knockbacks with z-axis maps

#23 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

well i played on ptr and hour on live: here the thing, we scale well with gear, gear gets better each patch so our dmg increases by a lot w/o any visible buffs

add extra energy + 4% extra dmg to all on top of it, it is a lot actually

yes, they changed our utility a bit, yes they didn't fix our survival issues, yes they nerfed our moblity but with prep baseline and cloak on  1min + ST being brainless + some nerfs to other classes = we probably gonna see more rogues, althrough i predict now already in 1 month all this fotm rerolls will go monk/feral/etc.

people who played rogues whole season 12 will rape kids, people who decided to roll rogue again now will quit again

i am personally digging cloak & dagger as sub, but stealth dropping all the time (yay the bug is back) is annoying, it wasn't on ptr but made it live, wtf????

side note: i am glad they nerfed clone for ferals, about fking time
shut up pvp guy

#24 FuguFish

FuguFish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:53 AM

Yeah rogue damage is great but my main concern is that other classes just don't die whereas any stupid chain of crits can easily kill a rogue. Got a ele shaman that procc'd like 7 lava bursts on me in a row and I just died...

I also hate the current playstyle, especially with cloak and dagger. I think I'm always going to take step because otherwise you go for kills every 1 min and just sit around afking for the rest of the game. Swapping without step is the most obvious thing in the world and the game just generally feels clunky :(

Saying that, a decent opener is going to hurt. I have a feeling it's all about staying ahead in games rather than creating openings.

EDIT: while i'm at it, it sucks being kited by EVERY SINGLE CLASS IN THE GAME

#25 Reirei

Reirei
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 1952
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

true, our dmg comes from dance (for sub at least) but you don't have to dance to kill people, even last season i killed some hunter from KFC team with backstabs/ambushes from restealth and some help from my teammate o.o

if you let shamy get 7 lava burst on you, you did something wrong anyway

the way you ment to play rogue is to burst on dances and play like fag between them, aka pillar hump and CC opposite team to oblivion

i like cloak & dagger actually, together with subterfuge+pillar hump into restealth it is quite nice, still debating about shs since you can shs traps on teammates

as for kiting, yeah, idk what blizz was thinking but either deal with it or quit
on bright side, they put cloak on 1 min CD which allows us to dance w/o getting feared <_<

i am not gonna say that rogues are fine, it is indeed tough class to pvp as, but after s12 and 5.2 changes i wouldn't get my hopes up that blizz ever gonna fix our actual issues

personally, as long as i get decent team going, i am happy panda
shut up pvp guy

#26 FuguFish

FuguFish
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

I don't like having to dance for kills but meh, it works at least so I'm not gonna complain too much. But my uptime on targets is so low the games don't feel fun. Watching your friends die because you're stuck in some random cc is massively frustrating, and rogues seem to the be only class struggling from this. Honestly I'm thinking about playing my priest because on ptr disc looked strong and fun to play

#27 Anglian

Anglian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

Well, I'm only half geared so far on Monk but it already feels a lot nicer with Nimble Brew and Ring Of OP.

#28 hordesucks1

hordesucks1
  • Members
  • LocationGreenbay, Wisconsin

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

View PostFuguFish, on 05 March 2013 - 10:37 PM, said:

Monks have much much more damage and mobility with ring of peace (LOL). Monk offheals are pretty insane too even though you may not notice it. Also fists of fury can't be trinketed which I think is broken in itself but whatever, it's unique right?

Ferals have sick damage, run at light speed, have several gapclosers/displacerbeast and could cc if they wanted to but who the fuck maims when you can rip anyway. And I can't even remember when ferals were last a legitimate kill target.

I haven't played much mop outside of PTR and levelling toons atm but I have no idea why people think casters are fine with spammable ccs and dispel on a 8s cooldown. From a theorycrafting point of view this is massively retarded but I'm assuming there is a reason somewhere?

I don't see why rogues get 4% extra damage and 20 more max energy and people suddenly go crazy. Granted it wasn't exactly needed, but other classes have gotten more and people don't seem to care. CLOS and blind changes were deserved in my opinion, as was baseline prep.

Obviously I will be slightly biased as I play rogue a lot so I really would like to know other people's points of view because I pride myself in having good logic and theorycrafting abilities and obviously my opinions differ from some.

Your point stands though, skill > class for the majority of wow arena but imo you are heavily mistaken if rogues are going to be gods whilst everyone else sits on a dummy chair in the corner.

EDIT: While I'm at it I'd like to know why anyone can justify so many classes having random knockbacks with z-axis maps

+1

#29 Schweizer

Schweizer
  • Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

View Postgangstalicious, on 28 February 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

every class is glad viable atm

Even locks? O_O

#30 Twocat

Twocat
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

View PostSchweizer, on 14 March 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

Even locks? O_O
r1 shadowburn team is RLS, by a fair margin.
Posted Image

#31 Schweizer

Schweizer
  • Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

View PostForumz, on 01 March 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

Of course my post was relevant. I am not getting frustrated over FotM setups, I just improve until I can beat them. Then once they're no longer FotM, you will shit all over them. I don't see why it's not relevant.

this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<