affix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost
  • RBG: 2479

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

Some very obvious conclusions can be drawn here, and some surprises (like just as many Rogue Gladiators as Mage Glads on BG9!  Crazy.)

http://www.hildegard...-for-eu-and-us/

#2 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2049
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Oh it's this thread.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m-gVxKrzb4g
Posted Image

#3 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

View PostDagin, on 28 February 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

Oh it's this thread.
Oh first ranks in bg9 are sp/shaman/melee

View Postjustchecking, on 10 November 2014 - 11:58 PM, said:

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

View PostRenaissance_Man, on 31 July 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

View Postsimonfra1234, on 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#4 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

View Postaffix, on 28 February 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

Some very obvious conclusions can be drawn here, and some surprises (like just as many Rogue Gladiators as Mage Glads on BG9!  Crazy.)

http://www.hildegard...-for-eu-and-us/
I am pretty sure anyone who plays this game above 2.2k (which represents the whole aj community) knows that
- You queue above 2300 and you'll queue 9 out of 10 times into KFC and there is almost no way to reliably beat kfc regardless of experience difference. Actually there is a very good chance that you'll lose without making any mistake. (Cdew/Talb/Reckful dropping 50 points in 2 games to a 2200 kfc)
-The game is very unlikely to be fun for you if a) you aren't a warrior B) aren't playing with a warrior

I would like to see melee losing anticaster tools, 1 stun and 1 interrupt are enough, anything else is just overkill. I will check out the new patch for a few weeks if it looks like a repeat S12 where my arena experience was sitting there helplessly in silences, interrupts, stuns while taking unhealable damage, I will just cancel, my annual pass ends anyway.

#5 Tosan

Tosan
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostDjandawg, on 28 February 2013 - 04:25 AM, said:

I am pretty sure anyone who plays this game above 2.2k (which represents the whole aj community) knows that
- You queue above 2300 and you'll queue 9 out of 10 times into KFC and there is almost no way to reliably beat kfc regardless of experience difference. Actually there is a very good chance that you'll lose without making any mistake. (Cdew/Talb/Reckful dropping 50 points in 2 games to a 2200 kfc)
-The game is very unlikely to be fun for you if a) you aren't a warrior :duckers: aren't playing with a warrior

I would like to see melee losing anticaster tools, 1 stun and 1 interrupt are enough, anything else is just overkill. I will check out the new patch for a few weeks if it looks like a repeat S12 where my arena experience was sitting there helplessly in silences, interrupts, stuns while taking unhealable damage, I will just cancel, my annual pass ends anyway.

I agree there needs to be less anti caster utility, although it's really fickle and hard to balance.  Hypothetically speaking, say you remove 2 anti caster abilities (or nerf them),  then it's noticeably more balanced, but then you could nerf/remove 3 instead of 2, and that could easily cause a giant shift in metagame into wotlk style caster domination.

It's annoying how difficult it is to balance it, always seems to be so fickle, butterfly effect and shiiiet

#6 Oliaxz

Oliaxz
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

Here is a couple things that blizzard should never do in order to keep balance consistent season after season :

1. Giving any sort of instant CC to ranged class that are not stuns/disorient/root.

2. Giving more than 2 gap closer abilities to melee.

3. Giving more than 2 escape abilities to ranged, especially when that class has a lot of CCs (ex: mage with blazing speed + blink in 5.2... i feel like this is the wrong way to adress their "cant kite for shit when being trained" issue, combining molten + frost armor would have made much more sense, probably better and certainly more consistent).

4. Giving blanket silence to melee (except garrote i guess).

5. Giving undispellable "cant be snared" abilities to melee.

Then once they get those down they need to make stand still hard cast better than instant spam or move while casting spells (at the very least make it so you need to do 1 stand still hard cast to land a kill). And once hard cast is good again and mobility is somewhat balanced for every class, then you can put interrupts back on 10s for melee and fake casting will be worth doing once again. Also mind numbing is retarded and so is the non dr rng para stun. They should remove cloak and dagger, put crippling back at 70% and make it root people when u shiv.

Edited by Oliaxz, 28 February 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#7 Rhetorical1

Rhetorical1
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 2/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1403
  • 3v3: 2131
  • 5v5: 1056

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

holy shit we didnt know this already thanks for posting

#8 Eowynnz

Eowynnz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1778
  • 3v3: 2176
  • 5v5: 2242
  • RBG: 1655

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

itt: butthurt hunters

except tosan (aka reedwise)
twitch.tv/eowynnlol
2400+ rls/shadowplay

#9 Durial

Durial
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:
  • LocationEngland, London

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

Deleted my post, nevermind

Edited by Durial, 28 February 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#10 Djandawg

Djandawg
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Genjuros
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

aight bro, gl.

Edited by Djandawg, 28 February 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#11 Antitaleon

Antitaleon
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/1/2/1/0

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostBraindance, on 28 February 2013 - 12:25 AM, said:

Oh first ranks in bg9 are sp/shaman/melee

defending kfc, such a cherry on top
Posted Image

3x glad 1x r1 logics

Spoiler

Spoiler

#12 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostEowynnz, on 28 February 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

itt: butthurt hunters

except tosan (aka reedwise)

Every season no matter what is good this thread is made brah...
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
Posted Image

#13 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostAntitaleon, on 28 February 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

defending kfc, such a cherry on top
Man your high school teacher must be really ashamed of you.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

#14 diglett23

diglett23
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/0/1
  • RBG: 2212

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Although KFC is overpowered right now. I still feel a very good caster cleave can beat it easy. Casters can just control melee so well and I feel that if for example a Godcomp is top tier with top tier players, they wont lose to KFC very often. (Pally KFC) I am not sure how shaman KFC goes. Casters have so many resets and can dictate the way of the game. They want to sit behind the pillar, forces the melee to chase them, puts the healer in a bad spot to be cced etc. Warrior popping cooldowns, spam sheep him because you can only dispel once. I feel with caster comps you can set up a lot more as well. With KFC its just ok I landed a full trap, popping cool downs.

Edited by diglett23, 28 February 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#15 Snuggli

Snuggli
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Steamwheedle Cartel
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1925
  • 3v3: 2209
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

View Postdiglett23, on 28 February 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

Although KFC is overpowered right now. I still feel a very good caster cleave can beat it easy. Casters can just control melee so well and I feel that if for example a Godcomp is top tier with top tier players, they wont lose to KFC very often. (Pally KFC) I am not sure how shaman KFC goes. Casters have so many resets and can dictate the way of the game. They want to sit behind the pillar, forces the melee to chase them, puts the healer in a bad spot to be cced etc. Warrior popping cooldowns, spam sheep him because you can only dispel once. I feel with caster comps you can set up a lot more as well. With KFC its just ok I landed a full trap, popping cool downs.

Godcomp vs Pala KFC is 50/50 if they are equally skilled, if it's Shaman KFC it's a loss most the time.

Now compare the skill that KFC takes to every other comp that it shits on and you'll see why it's stupid.

View PostBraindance, on 11 October 2013 - 12:44 PM, said:

Go listen to some Bieber shit and leave me alone fucko.

#16 Durial

Durial
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Talnivarr
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents:
  • LocationEngland, London

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

View Postdiglett23, on 28 February 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

I wanted to write this, but 9/10 times when I feel to write soemthing on AJ I always decide not to as I can't be bothered with the hassle it will cause. KFC is, no doubt, very very strong, but like this guy says - a caster cleave (Especially god comp) can dominate everyone, including KFC. A mage who can spam sheep becomes very, very annoying. I myself played WLS this season with a demo warlock, as affi can't survive for shit, and the only comp which causes us major problems is a god comp, the damage they can do in a DF blanket silence is absurd and completely puts a downer on my mood (1shot despite how the game is flowing, DF me, silence my healer, frozen orb + instants and it's impossible to survive if repeated enough times), where as when we queue into KFC it's almost (almost!) free points for a WLS demo team. Casters' despite being easy to kill when their healer is in a CC are in fact dictators' of the game, if played correctly. But yeah KFC vs. a team which can't take most traps is most definitely going to lose to them.

Edited by Durial, 28 February 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#17 Dagin

Dagin
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Lightninghoof
  • Shadowburn
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

View PostSnuggli, on 28 February 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Godcomp vs Pala KFC is 50/50 if they are equally skilled, if it's Shaman KFC it's a loss most the time.

Now compare the skill that KFC takes to every other comp that it shits on and you'll see why it's stupid.
Never fought resto druid frost mage ua lock back in the day obviously. It didn't even have to line up cc nothing shared dr 3 spammable ccs and dots rollin hard.
Signature removed
"Too Big"- Nerd Vexo
Sorry guys too big
Dale
Posted Image

#18 Shizz

Shizz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/2
  • RBG: 2178

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostDurial, on 28 February 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

I wanted to write this, but 9/10 times when I feel to write soemthing on AJ I always decide not to as I can't be bothered with the hassle it will cause. KFC is, no doubt, very very strong, but like this guy says - a caster cleave (Especially god comp) can dominate everyone, including KFC. A mage who can spam sheep becomes very, very annoying. I myself played WLS this season with a demo warlock, as affi can't survive for shit, and the only comp which causes us major problems is a god comp, the damage they can do in a DF blanket silence is absurd and completely puts a downer on my mood (1shot despite how the game is flowing, DF me, silence my healer, frozen orb + instants and it's impossible to survive if repeated enough times), where as when we queue into KFC it's almost (almost!) free points for a WLS demo team. Casters' despite being easy to kill when their healer is in a CC are in fact dictators' of the game, if played correctly. But yeah KFC vs. a team which can't take most traps is most definitely going to lose to them.

Play as god comp against a good KFC and you will see how spamming poly does absolutely nothing.  Any good KFC trains the Spriest now and het gets ZERO dmg out and with the mage peeling/ trying to eat traps the preasure is just not there.  IF they go mage then silence shot is saved for MD and mage get shit on while healer is in a trap. Yes its obviously possible to beat a KFC but there can be zero mistakes. And if they train mage GL spamming poly with keeping up any sort of preasure.  The only viable way I see to beat KFC is out mongo them. Rotating poly DR's on them and removing dots does nothing but put you further behind. Obviously on wreck and cd's its viable.  Pally KFC = Kill pally maybe get early kill on hinter if hes ballsy and doesnt deter.  Shaman KFC = GG you are fucked most of the times.  Tranq + Purge = Dead mage

#19 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

There have always been op cheese comps, but on AJ anything that includes a warrior has to be the worst out of all of them everytime. Kfc is  indeed op and retard friendly, but there have been equally braindead comps in the past. I am completely baffled as to why no one referring to sp shaman warrior/feral which is like the most foolproof comp (not most op) to ever appear on the game and everyone just keeps bashing kfc (which I hate myself).

#20 Covlol

Covlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1924
  • 3v3: 2468
  • 5v5: 2282
  • RBG: 1787

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

View PostSnuggli, on 28 February 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

it pretty much compares to the "skill" it takes to run godcomp....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<