Help

Rsham/lock/???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mparr65

Mparr65
  • Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Doing 3's with some friends and trying to get a solid comp for 5.2. I will be playing an affliction lock and one friend will be on his resto shammy.  What would be some good ideas for a third? The third person has a ret pally and a spriest.  Most exp is with the ret, and he's got barely anytime with the spriest. Willing to learn any class. So what would fit our group?  And what would be sum of the basic pros/cons of the class joining us?

Thanks guys

#2 Violatrix

Violatrix
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 1130
  • LocationLos Angeles, California, USA

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

View PostMparr65, on 27 February 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

Doing 3's with some friends and trying to get a solid comp for 5.2. I will be playing an affliction lock and one friend will be on his resto shammy.  What would be some good ideas for a third? The third person has a ret pally and a spriest.  Most exp is with the ret, and he's got barely anytime with the spriest. Willing to learn any class. So what would fit our group?  And what would be sum of the basic pros/cons of the class joining us?

Thanks guys

I think shadowplay will be really strong next season--that's what I'll be doing on my lock.  Shadow is still quite strong going into next patch, maybe the strongest caster dps, and affliction promises to be viable and--more importantly--fun again. :)
Lightweight Chastise CD tracker:

http://www.curse.com...ixchastisetimer

#3 Mparr65

Mparr65
  • Members

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Ok, with both being clothies, how squishy would this team be? I know spriests have some shields, but locks can be super squishy. What are some things I could do to help with getting trained? Especially against melee and hunters

#4 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

I've really enjoyed comps like rld, wld for the past 4 seasons and so I recommend rls, wls. I enjoy facing teams like rls too, even if I lose, because it always feels like a close game.

#5 Violatrix

Violatrix
  • Junkies
  • Curse Premium
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy 0/1/1/2/2/0
  • RBG: 1130
  • LocationLos Angeles, California, USA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

View PostMparr65, on 28 February 2013 - 12:59 AM, said:

Ok, with both being clothies, how squishy would this team be? I know spriests have some shields, but locks can be super squishy. What are some things I could do to help with getting trained? Especially against melee and hunters

We have some pretty strong defensive talents--Dark Bargain/Dark Regen come to mind.  Do whatever it takes to get your portal down, even if that means casting it from the start area to some distant spot on the map against so-called "rush teams."  I also really like glyphed CoE for kiting melee and even hunter pets.  The priest's grip, combined with your port and portal, can make sticking on you very annoying.

Lightweight Chastise CD tracker:

http://www.curse.com...ixchastisetimer

#6 Mparr65

Mparr65
  • Members

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

How is da

View PostViolatrix, on 28 February 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

We have some pretty strong defensive talents--Dark Bargain/Dark Regen come to mind.  Do whatever it takes to get your portal down, even if that means casting it from the start area to some distant spot on the map against so-called "rush teams."  I also really like glyphed CoE for kiting melee and even hunter pets.  The priest's grip, combined with your port and portal, can make sticking on you very annoying.
how is dark bargain compared to sac pact? With the buff to sacpact, is it better to go supremacy/pact or sac/dark bargain?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<