• Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire 1/0/0/1/1/.
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

I dono, seems really dumb with all the sha's feeding off fear... or somthing.. didn't really follow the lore all that well this xpac.

#4 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

I find the lore in this expansion full of shit. Getting tired of some magical retarded monster eating people's fear to get strong.

The prince story was interesting at first but it is just becoming a "go do this and come back" quest just like any other.
I miss WC lore, when it was amazing in WC3.

#5 Ngzlife

Ngzlife
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/1/0/0/.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

lol p12

#6 amirdaheat

amirdaheat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

arthas, illidan and grom hellscream/horde corrupted to the legion were the best lores hands down
Posted Image

#7 amirdaheat

amirdaheat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

and now we have shit like THE THUNDER KING HAS AWOKEN AFTER FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND YEARS OF SLUMBER
Posted Image

#8 Evolute

Evolute
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

The whole sha storyline is finished now. I liked it, I dunno. You could actually follow the entire thing if you read the quest text and for once we finished the storyline WHILE bringing in the next two raids.

tl;dr alliance + horde came to pandaland and caused the sha to react and come out after all the warring, so we put down the sha in jade. we then uncovered how the sha had taken over much more of pandaria, and we stopped it in kasarang and townlong, and cleansed the shadopan and the lady who had her husband killed by the tauren peoples. we find out that the reason that the mantid in dreadwastes and the tauren peoples in townlong were being so violent (mantid trying to invade valley/vale, tauren peoples invading kun lai) was the shas influence. then we find out that the sha was controlling the mantid via the empress and we kill her in the raid, and then we kill the actual sha in the terrace of the endless spring raid.

next patch is thunderking, which we saw was ressurected in kun lai through questing

then the orgrimmar raid, probably including the black prince, since we saw garrosh getting corrupted and power hungry (at least we did if you completed the shieldwall daily quests, poor andy!!!)

compared to BC in which nothing really related to the overarching plotline beyond demons everywhere and the random mentions of illidan, or WOTLK where you saw lichking every two seconds in quests and zones not really bringing together the story properly (the whole vrykul + iron dwarfs + titans + malygos was too many fucking plotlines introduced), or cataclysm where two of the zones had no reference to deathwing at all (uldum and vashj'ir), I felt that MOP really did lore and questing right, and brought in both the Sha storyline AND the thunderking storyline in a good sequence that made sense.

Posted Image

#9 amirdaheat

amirdaheat
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

View PostEvolute, on 28 February 2013 - 01:59 AM, said:

The whole sha storyline is finished now. I liked it, I dunno. You could actually follow the entire thing if you read the quest text and for once we finished the storyline WHILE bringing in the next two raids.

tl;dr alliance + horde came to pandaland and caused the sha to react and come out after all the warring, so we put down the sha in jade. we then uncovered how the sha had taken over much more of pandaria, and we stopped it in kasarang and townlong, and cleansed the shadopan and the lady who had her husband killed by the tauren peoples. we find out that the reason that the mantid in dreadwastes and the tauren peoples in townlong were being so violent (mantid trying to invade valley/vale, tauren peoples invading kun lai) was the shas influence. then we find out that the sha was controlling the mantid via the empress and we kill her in the raid, and then we kill the actual sha in the terrace of the endless spring raid.

next patch is thunderking, which we saw was ressurected in kun lai through questing

then the orgrimmar raid, probably including the black prince, since we saw garrosh getting corrupted and power hungry (at least we did if you completed the shieldwall daily quests, poor andy!!!)

compared to BC in which nothing really related to the overarching plotline beyond demons everywhere and the random mentions of illidan, or WOTLK where you saw lichking every two seconds in quests and zones not really bringing together the story properly (the whole vrykul + iron dwarfs + titans + malygos was too many fucking plotlines introduced), or cataclysm where two of the zones had no reference to deathwing at all (uldum and vashj'ir), I felt that MOP really did lore and questing right, and brought in both the Sha storyline AND the thunderking storyline in a good sequence that made sense.

What do you mean Vash'jir has not relation to deathwing? It was lost for centuries during the sundering, and deathwings cataclysm brought that back up. Also Uldum was a city of titans (or so the dwarves said) and they have been searching for it for a long time but unable to find it due to some cloaking device that was created tens and thousands of years ago. again, deathwing with his cataclysm broke that device and made uldum and its cities visible again.

Edit: On topic of MoP, I just didn't feel that it was as epic as previous expansions. I mean going there and helping pandas on their farms and crops 50% of the time and killing some bugs here and there with almost 0 horde interraction.

Compared to BC/Wotlk you fought for a cause. You knew the danger and all the places (if you played wc2 + wc3). and making little notice is because illidan wasn't the only bad guy out there, there were multiple foes to take care of.

as of wotlk, the lich king pretty much ruled the entire continent, festering it with undead minions of his creation, and you went to northrend just to fight the scourge, so naturally you would hear about the LK and the scourge almost all the time

Edited by amirdaheat, 28 February 2013 - 02:51 AM.

Posted Image

#10 DkH.ZeRa

DkH.ZeRa
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Destruction

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

lord of the rings
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic