Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help

GC - Cross realm arenas and teams being debated


  • Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 Oldog

Oldog
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 82
  • Talents: Demonology 0/1/2/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2335

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

This sounds good but really there is only one way that I can see to restore arena participation and that is a mass merge of battlegroups, we need like a maximum of one BG per language in Europe, and the US would benefit from maximum one per datacentre.

Seems unlikely this would happen as it probably requires some actual planning and work on Blizzard's part xD

#22 ApplejackxD

ApplejackxD
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1212
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

I hope they don't remove teams from the game. Would suck so damn hard to have an individual rating like in RBG, "LF mage with 2.5k cr"... Also I hope cross-realm raiding never ever gets implemented because being on the same realm and im the same guild while raiding really get people closer to eachother.
Posted Image

#23 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 1643
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2273
  • 3v3: 2634
  • 5v5: 2359
  • RBG: 2126

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

This is probably the most promising tweet ever, but the chances of it coming even "soon" are "debatable".

#24 Jinngofagswag

Jinngofagswag
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 221
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/0/0/2
  • RBG: 2149

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

if they make one big bg, i return to play.

#25 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 3168
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Probably next expansion.

#26 Synkz

Synkz
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blood Furnace
  • Retaliation
  • Posts: 2657
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/0/2/.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

this would be great, and would be a BIG motivation for players who have quit to return to the game

#27 thrudgel

thrudgel
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Posts: 739
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2207

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

if they do this they have to make data center game is hosted on random for each match so u play a few matches with 200ms, and some with 50ms etc.

#28 ApplejackxD

ApplejackxD
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 1212
  • Talents: Discipline
  • RBG: 2371

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

View Postthrudgel, on 27 February 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

if they do this they have to make data center game is hosted on random for each match so u play a few matches with 200ms, and some with 50ms etc.

Oh yeah, can't believe there was 2 pages with comments before someone figured this out. Good job!

Would work on EU though (if you possibly exclude russia)
Posted Image

#29 Virent

Virent
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 549
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2132
  • 3v3: 2317
  • RBG: 1827
  • LocationBulgaria

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostApplejackxD, on 27 February 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

Oh yeah, can't believe there was 2 pages with comments before someone figured this out. Good job!

Would work on EU though (if you possibly exclude russia)

You don't exactly need to exclude Russia seeing as they're completely seperate to begin with anyway. I've never faced Russians in 3s.
Posted Image

#30 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 617
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

View Postthrudgel, on 27 February 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

if they do this they have to make data center game is hosted on random for each match so u play a few matches with 200ms, and some with 50ms etc.

or you just make the data center central so everyone has equal ping

#31 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Posts: 686
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2100
  • 3v3: 2761
  • 5v5: 1056
  • RBG: 1948

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

I'd like to seem them at least break it down into battle regions first. Just east west and central and maybe if that doesn't help queues then go to 1 battlegroup for us.

#32 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostCelaurthor, on 27 February 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

I'd like to seem them at least break it down into battle regions first. Just east west and central and maybe if that doesn't help queues then go to 1 battlegroup for us.

Surely everyone in the USA can get a decent ping to a central server?  When I say decent I mean below 100ms.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#33 Nightmonkey

Nightmonkey
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Posts: 499
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/0/0
  • RBG: 1999

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

View Posthairpiece, on 27 February 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

or you just make the data center central so everyone has equal ping

That isn't how ping works.  If the data center was in Kansas City, somebody living in the midwest would have a much lower ping than somebody living on the East or West coast.  Now if there were multiple data centers across the country, and the game selected which one to put your game on based on where each team is located - that could work.  However then you might have the problem of some data centers becoming overloaded.  It is a very delicate problem, however I think a solution can be found.

Somebody who lives on the East coast and plays on a West coast server will definitely see latency over 100ms.  Anyone who plays on Tich and lives on the East coast will tell you that.  They should start by consolidating battlegroups that share data centers and then look for a solution outside of that down the road.

Edited by Nightmonkey, 28 February 2013 - 08:52 AM.


#34 Razorx

Razorx
  • Content Editors
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 519
  • Talents: Fire 0/2/1/2/1/2
  • RBG: 2495

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

I want a EU ans US realm like PTR :( dont care playing on 150ms if participation would be as high as it is there
www.athenelive.com/bludz

www.skill-capped.com/#1050

Blud 1 - 2900+ Multi Comp : http://www.warcraftm...w.php?id=196599

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Bludtv

[20:54:44] Alexis Jagger: they'll just laugh at me in lfr
[20:54:45] Alexis Jagger: i don't even know

#35 alleaya

alleaya
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Hellscream
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Posts: 73
  • Talents: Discipline 1/2/1/0/2/2
  • RBG: 2053

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

me and my partners quit due to 10+ min que times.
If they implement this im 100% sure they would come back

#36 Pritchard

Pritchard
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Posts: 617
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/0/0

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

View PostNightmonkey, on 28 February 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

That isn't how ping works.  If the data center was in Kansas City, somebody living in the midwest would have a much lower ping than somebody living on the East or West coast.  Now if there were multiple data centers across the country, and the game selected which one to put your game on based on where each team is located - that could work.  However then you might have the problem of some data centers becoming overloaded.  It is a very delicate problem, however I think a solution can be found.

Somebody who lives on the East coast and plays on a West coast server will definitely see latency over 100ms.  Anyone who plays on Tich and lives on the East coast will tell you that.  They should start by consolidating battlegroups that share data centers and then look for a solution outside of that down the road.


i know how ping works, its not exactly rocket science.

if the data center were central, east coast would have same ping as west coast, roughly 30-50, while people in central region have slightly lower ping.  This would be best for everyone, because you can't just say let it choose base on what teams your fighting, or you are playing.  If i want to play with my friend who is on the west coast when i'm east coast, i would rather have us both play on a central server against central server people than have it force me to west coast data center, or force him east, and do the same for the opposing team.

#37 ñåéé

ñåéé
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Naxxramas
  • Sturmangriff / Charge
  • Posts: 119
  • Talents: Protection 1/2/2/2/0/2

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostClaynz, on 27 February 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

Was just a question about when, this is a huge step being able to play with more people without migrating.

As amazing how this sounds i believe this would raise other questions such as will this be a wise thing to do for Blizzards department? Transfers have a huge deal in their profits.

#38 ardnut

ardnut
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 3298
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 1743

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

View Postñåéé, on 28 February 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

As amazing how this sounds i believe this would raise other questions such as will this be a wise thing to do for Blizzards department? Transfers have a huge deal in their profits.

Please read the whole thread.
* RBG/PvP Guild * Stormscale EU * Recruitment Thread * Click Below *
Posted Image

#39 Jjmuscle

Jjmuscle
  • Junkies
  • Unknown Raceclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Posts: 211
  • Talents: Elemental 0/0/1/2/0/2
  • RBG: 1941

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

We've been asking for a huge BG ever since the drop in activity after s4, but hopefully this time they will actually consider it and do something about it.

#40 Vioz

Vioz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kargath
  • Vindication
  • Posts: 102
  • Talents: Frost 0/1/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2215

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Won't there be issues with ping by combining Battlegroups? From my understanding BGs are related with servers located in the same area.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<