Expected class representation on Gladiator titles

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Fistao

Fistao
  • Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

View Postfant0m8, on 27 February 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

drawing conclusions about class balance.

You guys have to keep in mind that the goal of these datas is not to show what class is overpowered or not, but to have an overall idea of the current representation at gladiator level in 3s (plus realms/BG activities and A/H ratio at glad level). That's all.

Don't try to draw conslusions that can't be made with this spreasheet. Talking about classes balance (defending one or highlighting another class) is a non-sense here because we should assume, first, that all players have the same skill/level in that game. And that, in the current state, can't be proven.

#62 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostVanguards, on 27 February 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

I thought someone said Rets were doing better than Rogues this season in terms of representation. Maybe it wasn't meant at Gladiator level?

How do you factor in the other spec option paladins have?

Rogues don't really have a choice, you can just spec holy and do fine with KFC.

How many exceptional Cata Rets do you think rerolled holy this season?

#63 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostNightmonkey, on 27 February 2013 - 06:51 AM, said:

This data tells a pretty compelling story.  It's not the whole story of arena this season, but it is a nice little snapshot of the top 3v3 teams right now.  

Do you guys feel like something isn't accurate here?  KFC dominating, Warriors everywhere, Paladin and Shaman most common healers, Shadow Priests also super strong with a decent showing from Mages.  Everything else seems kind of low representation, especially melee other than Warriors.

Seems like an accurate description of S12 to me.

Same to me,

The data passes the "what am I seeing live" gut check.

#64 fant0m8

fant0m8
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Eredar
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostFistao, on 27 February 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

Talking about classes balance (defending one or highlighting another class) is a non-sense here because we should assume, first, that all players have the same skill/level in that game. And that, in the current state, can't be proven.

It's actually really easy for statistics to block for that. There is no reason to assume that the average player skill is significantly different between classes.

Edited by fant0m8, 01 March 2013 - 08:50 AM.

Bye again! This game isn't fun when you don't know anyone else that still plays.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<