• Curse Sites
Help

USB Tethering and WiFi tethering

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iored

iored

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

Hey there guys! I have a rooted Galaxy Nexus running the latest OS. I have cancelled my home internet forever ago as the speeds I get from Verizon's 4G are plenty for what I use the internet for. I would plug my phone into my computer tower (no WiFi card) and bam, I would have internet.

However, I recently acquired a roommate who has a laptop and is connecting to my phone via WiFi. This works extremely well, as does everything else that connects to my phone via WiFi.

Here is where my conundrum is coming into play. The WiFi and USB network are different. We were trying to play Minecraft on LAN mode and realized that we weren't on the same network.

I began my googling and came across bridges, and using a cracked firmware for my router (ddwrt) to become a wireless repeater of sorts.

This is all a bit above my head however. I plug my router into my Ethernet port, and the cat5 on the router is plugged in where the modem cat5 should be. Internet still doesn't work from the router. The router is this one.

Tried Hamachi, that didn't work. Help fellow Android users!

Edited by iored, 26 February 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#2 Execx

Execx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1560
  • 3v3: 2608
  • 5v5: 960
  • RBG: 1752

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this isnt possible. Your phone already acts as a modem/router combo and directly assigns individual networks and ips for each session. Why it was programmed this way is beyond me but unfortunately thats how it is. I have a galaxy s2 and I do something similar.

Edited by Execx, 26 February 2013 - 10:52 AM.

#3 Hyrmine

Hyrmine
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 2/1/1/1/1/0

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

UK doesn't even have this. There is one shitty 4G network and it's still expensive and shit. Fuck this country really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<